The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   painful feet (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3024454)

tcp0421 11-22-2012 12:11 AM

painful feet
 
I know this topic has been on here many of times. I really need advice on what shoes to wear at the Parks. I had three different surgeries done on my feet while I was in high school. I am in my late late thirty's now. Also I suffer from my feet swelling. That is something new for me. I put on a pair of socks and walk around for the day my feet swell up terrible. I have tried flip flops they just hurt me feet during the day. So a pair if sneakers it is for me. By half way into the day I am in so much pain between the swelling and the pain from having bad feet. We are annual passholders and I have actually been putting off going to Disney because of this problem. I have tried the croc flip flops. OMG I could not walk by the end of the day. I actually thought I broke a bone in my one foot. Went to the dr the next because I could not walk without severe pain. He said it was some kind of a "stress fracture" . I think that's what he said it was. If anyone suffers from what I do please let me know.

peemagg 11-22-2012 01:39 AM

Something that you should check and think about changing is your socks. You might want to try some sort of support sock to help reduce the swelling. They have the cheaper ones out there called "Miracle Socks" that might help.

Also a good pair of shoes that are made for walking like Rockports, or New Balance shoes that have really good support in them. Try going to a place where they specialize in these type of shoes.

tcp0421 11-22-2012 04:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by peemagg
Something that you should check and think about changing is your socks. You might want to try some sort of support sock to help reduce the swelling. They have the cheaper ones out there called "Miracle Socks" that might help.

Also a good pair of shoes that are made for walking like Rockports, or New Balance shoes that have really good support in them. Try going to a place where they specialize in these type of shoes.

I have tried good walking goods. But not those brands. I will have to check out the socks. I know I have to get back to dr as well.

jenniy122 11-22-2012 04:58 AM

If you have a stress fracture you need to be staying off that foot as much as possible until it heals.

tcp0421 11-22-2012 05:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jenniy122
If you have a stress fracture you need to be staying off that foot as much as possible until it heals.

That was about two years ago. Thanks

tcp0421 11-22-2012 05:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tcp0421

That was about two years ago. Thanks

And that was from wearing croc's! Now every time I see them I look the other way. My door hurt so bad by the end of that day.

Pixiedust34 11-22-2012 05:07 AM

I have foot issues, and wear Fit Flops. My dd's sports med doctor recommended them for her, too. I've worn them on two 10 day trips, and those were the best trips my feet have had! They offer support. They do need to be broken in well before wearing them all day.

For the winter, I have a pair of Fit Flop clogs I wear nearly every day at home.

aubriee 11-22-2012 05:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jenniy122 (Post 46765407)
If you have a stress fracture you need to be staying off that foot as much as possible until it heals.

Quote:

Originally Posted by tcp0421 (Post 46765420)
That was about two years ago. Thanks

Quote:

Originally Posted by tcp0421 (Post 46765422)
And that was from wearing croc's! Now every time I see them I look the other way. My door hurt so bad by the end of that day.

I thought I was the only one that ever had a stress fracture caused by Crocs. Crocs used to be all I wore (the clog style at work and flip flops at home). I loved them. However, after about a year, they started killing my feet, so I went to the doctor who told me I had a stress fracture due to the Crocs. I had never heard of that before and thought she just didn't like Crocs, but she referred me to a podiatrist who said the exact same thing. The Crocs caused the stress fracture. What's worse is, even after I stopped wearing Crocs and the stress fracture healed, I continued to have alot of pain in my left foot and was finally diagnosed with plantar fasciitis, which the podiatrist said was also caused by my wearing Crocs so much. I used to have no foot problems at all, but Crocs ruined my feet. The plantar fasciitis is mostly under control now, but I have to be very careful what shoes I wear and also must wear shoes at all times now (no more going barefoot--not even to get out of bed and go the bathroom).

nemajovc 11-22-2012 05:39 AM

Check out the fit flops. I can't wear flip flops though and now wear MBT brand or similar shoes with great improvement. These shoes however are $ (sandals a little less) and need a little getting used to and not everyone gets help from them. I can now get up in morning without stretching 1st or crawling after wearing them long enough.

tcp0421 11-22-2012 06:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nemajovc
Check out the fit flops. I can't wear flip flops though and now wear MBT brand or similar shoes with great improvement. These shoes however are $ (sandals a little less) and need a little getting used to and not everyone gets help from them. I can now get up in morning without stretching 1st or crawling after wearing them long enough.

Lol love the crawling part. That is what I felt like doing the day I had crocus on. I will never forget it was at Epcot. I was in tears walking to the car. Even now every day when I wake up my feet kill me.

tcp0421 11-22-2012 06:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nemajovc
Check out the fit flops. I can't wear flip flops though and now wear MBT brand or similar shoes with great improvement. These shoes however are $ (sandals a little less) and need a little getting used to and not everyone gets help from them. I can now get up in morning without stretching 1st or crawling after wearing them long enough.

Are they the ones that have the can opener on the bottom of them? If so I saw them online and almost bought them. Now I know

ses1230 11-22-2012 07:22 AM

I have neuropathy in my feet which makes it very uncomfortable to wear most shoes. I have found that the only shoes I can tolerate for a long day of touring is Teva sandals. All the straps are adjustable so they are good for swelling during the day, too. These are the kind I wear: http://www.zappos.com/teva-hurricane-xlt-ws-birds-blue

Lynne M 11-22-2012 07:40 AM

Have you seen a podiatrist? It sounds like you have severe problems with your feet that need to be treated before you worry about what shoes to wear to Disney.

tcp0421 11-22-2012 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lynne M
Have you seen a podiatrist? It sounds like you have severe problems with your feet that need to be treated before you worry about what shoes to wear to Disney.

I have not been to see a dr. Yet for this problem. I did way back when I first had the surgeries on my feet and just always thought my painful feet were due to the surgeries I had years ago.

islandtimect 11-22-2012 12:45 PM

DH the podiatrist recommends buying a relatively firm arch support over the counter, and putting it in a good walking shoe like New Balance. Don't get an athletic looking shoe or basetball shoe. For the swelling you can wear support hose that go to the knee. Take 2 ibuprofen before you get to the park, and then again every 6 hours if you need it and can tolerate them. You should also ice the painful areas after you leave the park. Obviously, you also want to see a good podiatrist! Happy Thanksgiving!


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:38 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.