The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   YIKES....looks super crowded right now (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3024277)

AndyFL 11-21-2012 02:28 PM

YIKES....looks super crowded right now
 
I am at work and just pulled up the wait times app to see how bad it was down in the parks because we are leaving this Sat night. From what I see, I am VERY glad I'm not there right now. In MK right now SM, BTMRR, PP, Dumbo, JC, HM, SM are all over one hour waits. In HS RRnC is 105 min, ToT is 60, TSM is listed as 120+ :crazy2: and both of these parks are recomn'd.

Time Traveler 11-21-2012 02:31 PM

Yep, Thanksgiving (along with most holidays) result in much larger crowds. A few days after Thanksgiving it'll go back to being fairly slow until mid-December.

catho72 11-21-2012 02:38 PM

It sounds like a typical July day to me.....whenever I see a wait time for TSM of less than 120, the first thought that comes to my mind is, "oh, it's not that busy!". As long as you know how to navigate the crowds (when they go left, you go right), it's do-able.

bladiator 11-21-2012 02:44 PM

What is one of the better/best wait time apps that are free out there?

RaySharpton 11-21-2012 02:45 PM

That is why I always go to WDW the first Monday after Thanksgiving weekend. I feel lucky to be able to take vacation at this time of the year every year. I think that most of the Thanksgiving week and weekend folks will be flying back home on Sunday night or Monday afternoon for work or school. But it could be different this year. I guess that I will find out in 5 more days.

AndyFL 11-21-2012 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bladiator (Post 46761579)
What is one of the better/best wait time apps that are free out there?

The one I use is the Undercover Tourist one...the one with the green frog.

It works so well and is so user friendly that I went ahead and bought the ad-free version.

GeneralTso 11-21-2012 03:16 PM

I'm not surprised. I would expect it to be super crowded this week.

I use "Lines" ap and it's really good. Accurate, lots of features. I think I paid $10 for it. Works at Disneyland too.

tbee407 11-21-2012 07:46 PM

We spent the day at Hollywood Studios. Managing our Fast passes we were able to do every major ride and several shows. The only issue was late afternoon when RNR was down and the Fast Pass line backed up. However they agreed to let people use their FP after the stated time. We left the park around 6:30PM because our kids did everything they wanted to do.

Peachkins 11-21-2012 08:40 PM

Thanksgiving is supposed to be one of the busiest times of the year, along with any other time of year where kids are usually out of school. We went the week after Thanksgiving last year, and it was pretty quiet.

missesdisney 11-22-2012 06:30 PM

Here now and as expected it is REALLY crowded. We are visiting for a total of 12 days so we don't care that it is crowded yet - we are just doing what we can and not stressing. Everyone will leave Sunday and it will be a lovely week after that crowd-wise.

Something hilarious we noticed yesterday. Arrived late Tues night, went to Walmart, got a very late start yesterday. Attempted MK until we saw lines for monorail/ferry so we went to plan B and went to Epcot. Crowded, but not insane at 11am. Went over to Land and got Soarin FPs for 6pm.....and the FPs for Living with the Land.....all distributed for the day! Now that is the epitome of the uneducated Disney holiday traveler.

Whoever said go left if the crowd goes right was correct. We told our son we are just going to react and do the opposite of crowds.

One ride and a stroll through the countries at Epcot and went to AK - very crowded but emptying out like you wouldn't believe at 3pm. Did Tough to be a bug, watched parade from Africa and went on what may have been the best safari I've ever seen. Not a productive Disney day by my normal standards but we had a wonderful one.

Today at DHS at 8:30 - we were in and on TSMM by 9:05 with fastpasses for 10:35. Walk on Star Tours and Muppets and back for TSMM again. Then it was CRAZY with people everywhere. Hung out at animation and went back to the hotel at noon (never done that before!)

Next week will be very different. Low crowds and less clueless people.

BTW - the weather is GORGEOUS - a little nippy perhaps in the shade and at night but sunny and clear and beautiful all day!

kathleendsm 11-22-2012 06:37 PM

We're here. It's crowded, sure, but we're on vacation and having a lovely time anyway! I'll take a crowded day at Disney over a day at work any time. :thumbsup2

jodeeb 11-22-2012 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by catho72 (Post 46761551)
It sounds like a typical July day to me.....whenever I see a wait time for TSM of less than 120, the first thought that comes to my mind is, "oh, it's not that busy!". As long as you know how to navigate the crowds (when they go left, you go right), it's do-able.

We just got home and my thoughts are the same. Our last trip was last week of June. We have been to DL first week of July. Thats busy, but our norm. So when we arived on Friday, parks seemed slow. Saturday, Sunday not much different. We did notice it busy Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday was a little more, but doable. I think it is all a matter of perspective of what you expect to get done.

Ephany 11-22-2012 06:57 PM

My in-laws are there with the grandkids (including my DD) and refuse to listen to me or DD regarding anything. MIL was convinced it would be a slow week, being a holiday and all. :lmao: They're wandering into the parks around 11am and getting frustrated because they can't do everything. Tonight DD called me at 6pm saying they were already done for the day 'cause it's too crowded. We've both tried telling them if they could be there for rope drop, they'd get a lot more on their list accomplished, but hey, what do we know?

MIL refuses to believe me that if they get to DHS tomorrow 30 minutes before the scheduled opening, the park will probably already be open. That's not what Disney says, so I must be mistaken. I've told DD to relax and go with the flow and to just enjoy the time with her cousins. :flower3:

missesdisney 11-22-2012 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ephany (Post 46768387)
My in-laws are there with the grandkids (including my DD) and refuse to listen to me or DD regarding anything. MIL was convinced it would be a slow week, being a holiday and all. :lmao: They're wandering into the parks around 11am and getting frustrated because they can't do everything. Tonight DD called me at 6pm saying they were already done for the day 'cause it's too crowded. We've both tried telling them if they could be there for rope drop, they'd get a lot more on their list accomplished, but hey, what do we know?

MIL refuses to believe me that if they get to DHS tomorrow 30 minutes before the scheduled opening, the park will probably already be open. That's not what Disney says, so I must be mistaken. I've told DD to relax and go with the flow and to just enjoy the time with her cousins. :flower3:

If it helps, we arrived at DHS this morning at 8:30 and they let us in at 8:45. No more rope drop - just into the park. We moseyed over to TSMM and were on in about 10 min (and already had fastpasses for later). It was pretty easy for the first two hours, then it got rough.

Ephany 11-22-2012 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by missesdisney (Post 46768508)
If it helps, we arrived at DHS this morning at 8:30 and they let us in at 8:45. No more rope drop - just into the park. We moseyed over to TSMM and were on in about 10 min (and already had fastpasses for later). It was pretty easy for the first two hours, then it got rough.

Thanks. :) That's what we've told her, but they like to sleep in on vacation. Plus, I don't think she wants to admit I'm right. :rolleyes1 They don't care about Fastpasses or anything; it's really driving DD nuts. It's the last time she'll see her cousins for a long time though, so I keep reminding her it's better to enjoy the time they do have than worry about missing a ride or show. Disney'll be there next time.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:28 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.