The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Resorts (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Travel times from resorts (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3023994)

jmcghee2024 11-20-2012 06:30 PM

Travel times from resorts
 
Is there any site or link that lists approximate travel times from resorts to the parks and DD. I am particularly interested in POFQ.

vtownpatty 11-20-2012 06:44 PM

Yes, I believe it is on the Our Laughing Place site. Just Google WDW transportation calculator. It will show different ways to get from point A to point B with approximate times. Hope that helps.

magicaldisney 11-21-2012 10:13 AM

Here is the link to the site mentioned above:

http://www.ourlaughingplace.com/aspx...x#.UKz9j4aQNww

Forensicmom 11-21-2012 11:19 AM

That's a great site. I wish I had seen it before we went on our trip.

bcrook 11-21-2012 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by magicaldisney (Post 46759817)
Here is the link to the site mentioned above:

http://www.ourlaughingplace.com/aspx...x#.UKz9j4aQNww

Awesome site!

maxiesmom 11-22-2012 05:25 AM

I hate to break it to you all, but that site is woefully out of date and not very accurate.:(

It is well known on the Transportation Board to take the OLP time estimates with a grain of salt.

osu2k1 11-24-2012 01:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maxiesmom (Post 46765452)
I hate to break it to you all, but that site is woefully out of date and not very accurate.:(

It is well known on the Transportation Board to take the OLP time estimates with a grain of salt.

I was wondering. It didn't even list the boat as an option from POR.

Bell30012 11-24-2012 06:31 AM

We've used the iPhone app from OLP for years. It will give you an estimate. Of course, some say that it isn't accurate but we always leave plenty of time for transportation.

OLP Transportation Wizard - App

maxiesmom 11-24-2012 06:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bell30012 (Post 46775416)
We've used the iPhone app from OLP for years. It will give you an estimate. Of course, some say that it isn't accurate but we always leave plenty of time for transportation.

OLP Transportation Wizard - App

The problem is, some of the estimates don't make any sense. No way does it take the same time to get from POR to Epcot that it does to get from POR to the Animal Kingdom. No way! And it is certainly not quicker to get to MK than Epcot from POR, but that is what it tells you.

Leaving plenty of time for transportation is great advice. But I would never suggest someone look at OLP and use those travel times as a guide. They are way off!

goofy4tink 11-24-2012 07:37 AM

Use OLP traval wizard as a 'suggestion', but don't make any firm plans on it based on it's info.
For instance...when I plug in AK to Fantasia Gardens, one of the suggestions is bus from AK to Fantasia Gardens!!! Um, no bus there. But it does list, further down, a bus to the Dolphin and walk over to FG!!
Or bus to DHS and boat to S/D and walk over!!!
Seriously??? Bus from AK to S/D, and then walk over...that's pretty much the best way to go..if using Disney transportation!!!

DTD to MK??? Easiest method is still bus to CR and then walk over to MK. That's not even listed!!!


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:40 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.