The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Community Board (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Annoying Target text commercial (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3023642)

shinysparklybubbles 11-20-2012 12:03 AM

Annoying Target text commercial

Has anyone seen the Target commercial with the 2 girls texting and the people singing over their shoulders? It is so annoying! I would give that the current title of worst commercial!

tennvalgirl 11-20-2012 06:26 AM

I thought the KMart commercial was annoying until I saw this one eeeek :headache:

KristaTX 11-20-2012 06:33 AM

Are they singing really obnoxiously? If that's the one, I've heard it and glanced at it to see whose annoying commercial it is. First time I've ever hated a Target commercial. Usually they have interesting and creative commercials that I enjoy. Not this one!

shinysparklybubbles 11-20-2012 07:32 AM

And for the people who haven't seen it yet...

http://youtu.be/f66exGdj4bs

Hillbeans 11-20-2012 07:45 AM

I actually loved the target ones from last year with the woman in the red track suit running in heels and a parachute, warming up for BF.

RitaZ. 11-20-2012 07:53 AM

I miss their commercials with the frantic woman preparing for their two-day sale. :thumbsup2 I don't know who came up with this new campaign, but it's annoying and dumb.

Mermaid02 11-20-2012 08:21 AM

I hardly think those 2 16 year olds are the target audience they need to reach for Black Friday.... annoying and pointless commercial.

joviroxx 11-20-2012 08:25 AM

Its beyond annoying. It's cringeworthy and that "whatever" at the end makes me want to throw something at the tv!

usnuzuloose 11-20-2012 08:30 AM

Makes me happy to not have regular t.v. I do not miss seeing commercials.

shinysparklybubbles 11-20-2012 08:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mermaid02
I hardly think those 2 16 year olds are the target audience they need to reach for Black Friday.... annoying and pointless commercial.

I agree. Who in their right mind would let their 16 year old out for door busters?!?

shinysparklybubbles 11-20-2012 08:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joviroxx
Its beyond annoying. It's cringeworthy and that "whatever" at the end makes me want to throw something at the tv!

Whatever :-)

OhMari 11-20-2012 08:31 AM

It is beyond 5 seconds to long. I looked up once and saw it was a Target ad and a few seconds later, I realized it was still on. Beyond tacky.

PigletsPal2 11-20-2012 08:33 AM

Maybe I'm just getting old (well, no maybe about it!), but I think commercials are getting dumber and dumber every year.

I, too, find the Target commercial annoying; I much preferred the lady in the red track suit.

I can't stand the Geico commercials with Gallagher smashing watermelons, with the Slinky going down the escalator, and the two guys playing guitar and talking about how happy Geico customers are.

Another one that drives me crazy is for a product called Jingos, I can't remember who makes the snack chips, but when the customer comes into the convenience shop asking directions and to buy a map, the clerk starts SCREAMING the answers! I don't understand the premise of this, but I can guarantee that I'll never buy Jingos!

I think the ad agencies that came uo with these loser commercials should get into another line of work!

To even things out, my favorite Christmas commercial is the red- green- and silver-wrapped Hershey Kisses ringing out "We Wish You A Merry Christmas."

Queen Colleen

apirateslifeforme 11-20-2012 08:33 AM

HATE IT. I want the Crazy Target Lady back (there's even a page on FB, "Bring Back the Crazy Target Lady")!

lynxstch 11-20-2012 08:35 AM

Thanks for posting the link, I must have been lucky, as this was the first time I've seen the commercial. Agree with others..pretty lame,,,or whatever, lol!