The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Community Board (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Gasp!! Black Friday means nothing to me!! (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3023599)

carrie1626 11-19-2012 09:08 PM

Gasp!! Black Friday means nothing to me!!

My Xmas gift list includes:

Daughter 22
Son 19
Husband

Sister
mom/dad gift cards to movie and restaurants every year.

Sometimes, I feel like I'm the only one who has no "need" for BF.
I find great deals online or on another day.

Plus, I always have to work :(

Jennasis 11-19-2012 09:12 PM

Means nothing to me either. I would sooner gouge my eyes out with a rusty spoon than to go near a retail establishment that day. There is NOTHING I need that badly, and luckily 99% of my Christmas shopping is done online. On Black Friday I am "working" too, but I work 7 days a week 365 days a year (running a horse farm and the horses need to eat, drink and poop every day), and it turns out that the riding lessons I teach will be going on as usual on Friday.

Kat77 11-19-2012 09:30 PM

I love holiday shopping but won't do BF. There is nothing I could imagine fighting other shoppers to buy first and the stores are competely torn up.

FergieTCat 11-19-2012 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carrie1626
My Xmas gift list includes:

Daughter 22
Son 19
Husband

Sister
mom/dad gift cards to movie and restaurants every year.

Sometimes, I feel like I'm the only one who has no "need" for BF.
I find great deals online or on another day.

Plus, I always have to work :(

I plan to do shopping on line and maybe brave the crowds at Target.

mad madam mim78 11-19-2012 09:45 PM

I'm with ya! No way. I stay indoors. We order pizza and watch movies. I do all my shopping online. It comes right to my door. Amazing!!

carrie1626 11-19-2012 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jennasis (Post 46748716)
Means nothing to me either. I would sooner gouge my eyes out with a rusty spoon than to go near a retail establishment that day. There is NOTHING I need that badly, and luckily 99% of my Christmas shopping is done online. On Black Friday I am "working" too, but I work 7 days a week 365 days a year (running a horse farm and the horses need to eat, drink and poop every day), and it turns out that the riding lessons I teach will be going on as usual on Friday.

:rotfl2: Thanks for the gut buster. Couldn't have said it better!!!:rotfl:

luvflorida 11-19-2012 09:54 PM

If I do any shopping on Black Friday, or the Saturday or Sunday after Black Friday, it will be done online.:)

Duzzygirl 11-19-2012 09:57 PM

I don't ever go out early or for anything specifically. However, since I'm with the Hub's family for the holiday, I usually head out with them around lunch time just for fun for the afternoon. It's become somewhat of a tradition. We really enjoy it.

GusGus77 11-19-2012 10:00 PM

Don't care about it here either. I may look online, but I try to avoid stores as much as possible between thanksgiving and New Years.

FINFAN 11-19-2012 10:25 PM

I have a different perspective of the value of Black Friday , more technically for stores that are open Thursady night.....oh how I would love to head out and escape my in-laws! How rude would it be of me to ask them to leave so I can get in line at Target?:scratchin

Disneyland1084 11-19-2012 10:43 PM

I don't care for Black Friday either. I did Target last year because my SIL begged me to go with her. My DH is going to do Walmart this time. I don't plan on going with him.

emer95 11-19-2012 10:45 PM

I would rather pay DOUBLE for any item than go out on Black Friday. The madness I see on TV is shocking. I will steer clear, and get some great deals online. I love Christmas shopping in my pj's under a fuzzy blanket, with a hot cup of tea by my side. :surfweb:

Ephany 11-19-2012 10:49 PM

I've already been finding items on my list for cheaper than the black friday prices in the ads. 10 years ago it was fun, now not so much.

Robbi 11-19-2012 10:55 PM

My mom and I used to shop the day after Thanksgiving every year for years. Then Black Friday became a huge deal and the crowds were crazy. It's probably been 15 or more years since I've even gone to the the grocery store on that day.

Nolcrest 11-19-2012 11:06 PM

No Black Friday here either. I just don't get it. Well maybe because I've entertained everyone the day before so I'm still putting the house back in order.

I like to shop & I like the hustle & bustle of the holidays but I don't like the greediness & tension Black Friday seems to perpetuate.

I think I'll spend a nice quiet day inside writing out Christmas cards, sipping tea with some lit Yakee Candles. That's what I enjoy.