The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Community Board (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Anyone have the tree up? (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3023540)

DaisyD 11-19-2012 04:52 PM

Anyone have the tree up?

So who has decorated for Christmas already inside the house? I always put up all the inside decorations and the tree the weekend before Thanksgiving. I love enjoying the holidays as long as I can and it lets me relax a bit more come December. So who else is ready? :)

kathie859 11-19-2012 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaisyD (Post 46747352)
So who has decorated for Christmas already inside the house? I always put up all the inside decorations and the tree the weekend before Thanksgiving. I love enjoying the holidays as long as I can and it lets me relax a bit more come December. So who else is ready? :)

My crazy neighbor up the street who has his tree in the window, the lights on the house, Christmas wreath on the door---all lit up!

Oh, and the pumpkins and corn stalks on the porch and by the light post :rotfl2:

It's an eccentric look for sure:)

Mel522 11-19-2012 04:59 PM

I have my tree up. Last week when Disney had their friends and family sale I wanted to order a bunch or ornaments, so I got all the ones I have out to see what I did and didn't have. Anyway, I didn't want to pack them all up just to unpack them a week later, so I put up my tree. :)

RockAndRollBallerina 11-19-2012 05:01 PM

Will do so on December 1st, already have the lights up on my balcony railing which never came down after x-mas last year, so just have to plug them in.

Halloweenqueen 11-19-2012 05:02 PM

Everything is up, except the real tree. A have a few fake ones up, plus all the decorations inside and out. Many people in my neighbor are already lighted so we put ours up yesterday.

DaisyD 11-19-2012 05:13 PM

We do our outside decorations the first weekend in December. Our neighbor put all her outside ones up last weekend and wow is it festive! LOL I mean every square inch of yard seems to be covered. I'm sure the kids love it and I'm for any and all decorations and getting into the spirit. :)

mombrontrent 11-19-2012 05:14 PM

Wow, it still seems so early. I usually put my tree up about 3 weeks before Christmas and take it down about 2 days after Christmas. Once Christmas is over I want it all out of site again. My inlaws always put their tree and decorations up right after Halloween and leave it up until after New Years. I think it's crazy, there is no way I would want to see all that for 2 months!

bellebud 11-19-2012 05:16 PM

we'll be putting everything up this week. If we were hosting Thanksgiving, I'd probably wait until right after. I like everything up early to enjoy it all for a while.

cornflake 11-19-2012 05:21 PM

They're not even selling trees here yet!

Meriweather 11-19-2012 05:25 PM

Usually never until Dec. 1, but we leave for DLR on the 2nd, so this year everything will go up the weekend after Thanksgiving.

Kennywife 11-19-2012 05:27 PM

I have a cute tabletop tree up now. The big tree and all the decorations go up the day after turkey day! :)

Pooh67_68 11-19-2012 05:29 PM

Everything but the tree is up. Normally it would be too but i am hosting Thanksgiving dinner so we decided to wait (so as not to take up extra space that could be used for Thanksgiving) until after everyone leaves.

maslex 11-19-2012 05:29 PM

We normally put the tree up & put the lights on the outside of the house on the day after Thanksgiving.

But this year, we're traveling for T-day (actually for the whole weekend) so we decided to do it yesterday.

Still have a few more ornaments to put on the tree. Hubby said he won't turn on the lights on the house until we get home next weekend though.

dsneprincess 11-19-2012 06:37 PM

I am sooo behind this year. Usually, I have outside lights up by 11/3 or 4. I start on the 1st, I do a ton, takes 3-4 days. With the wind & rain & cold, not done. Tree usually Veteran's Day weekend, not done. Lots to do this week.......

jetskigrl 11-19-2012 06:43 PM

I have our tree in the front entry way...but it is still in the box :rotfl: The lights on our last tree finally gave out so we just bought a new one. If DD had her way, the new one would have been set up already. :lmao:

The Saturday after Thanksgiving is our official decorating day. Sometimes DH will start on the outside on Friday, but I like to Black Friday shop and then rest on that day. So Saturday it is.