The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Resorts (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Room requests and DVC rental (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3023475)

Disneyfanfour 11-19-2012 02:36 PM

Room requests and DVC rental

Hi, I'm wondering if I, the renter of DVC points, can fax any room requests directly to the resort a week before my trip, or if I have to go through the DVC member. Also, if I booked the DDP on my rental through the member, can I cancel the plan on my own if I needed to? Would I call member services or the resort to cancel that plan?

Thanks for any help in these matters.

dansdad 11-19-2012 02:38 PM

I am pretty sure you have to go through the member your renting points from for both. I'm sure someone will be by to correct me if I'm wrong though.:thumbsup2

Marionnette 11-19-2012 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Disneyfanfour (Post 46746283)
Hi, I'm wondering if I, the renter of DVC points, can fax any room requests directly to the resort a week before my trip, or if I have to go through the DVC member. Also, if I booked the DDP on my rental through the member, can I cancel the plan on my own if I needed to? Would I call member services or the resort to cancel that plan?

You definitely need to go thru the member from whom you rent the points. The DVC member "owns" the reservation, and all contact with DVC member services has to go thru them. Any changes or requests will need to be funneled through them, that includes room requests and the addition/cancellation of the DDP.

TDC Nala 11-19-2012 02:48 PM

You need to get the member to call DVC Member Services and put your request on the reservation. I don't believe resorts use faxed room requests anymore.

You will not be able to do anything to the reservation that requires contacting DVC Member Services. They will only deal with the DVC member. You must have the member call no later than 2 days before you arrive to cancel the dining plan for you.

Lynne M 11-19-2012 05:24 PM

The DVC resorts stopped accepting faxed room requests years ago. All requests have to go through DVC Member Services, and as others have said the member will need to contact them for you.

There's no need to wait till a week before your trip to add requests. Requests can be made for any Disney resort, DVC or otherwise, at the time or reservation or anytime after that.

Deb & Bill 11-19-2012 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Disneyfanfour (Post 46746283)

You don't own the reservation so you cannot do anything to it until the moment you check in. If you try to remove the DDP when you check in, you will be told you cannot do that either. It must be done at least 48 hours before. And the member has to do that.

Disneyfanfour 11-19-2012 09:25 PM

thanks, everyone, for your help! Love this board!

mlittig 11-19-2012 09:50 PM

I have had no problems having the DVC member add my requests to my reservations and it has always gone smoothly :dance3: