The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Community Board (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Outdoor decorating GAH! (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3023412)

SaraJayne 11-19-2012 01:45 PM

Outdoor decorating GAH!
 
I put up the Christmas lights this morning outside. We have three bushes right in front of the house and they are the only things we decorate outside for Christmas.

So I'm very carefully connecting all the strings (that I tested before I put them out ;)), getting them all arranged nice in the bushes and I get to the last string and get ready to plug it into the timer (which will be plugged in on Thanksgiving morning before we leave).

And I find out I have 2 female ends together. :furious: :sad::lmao:

Due to the way the strings have plugs attached, I have to change all six strings. :headache: Oh well, my own stupid fault for not starting with the string closest to the porch/plug-in.

Next year, that bush is being covered first!! :laughing:

plutotek 11-19-2012 01:58 PM

Been there, done that. I learned the lesson years ago under similar circumstances, so now everything gets laid out on the lawn in front of the bushes, then just flipped into place.

SaraJayne 11-19-2012 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by plutotek (Post 46745533)
Been there, done that. I learned the lesson years ago under similar circumstances, so now everything gets laid out on the lawn in front of the bushes, then just flipped into place.

It's quite maddening.

I'm going back and forth between being irritated and laughing at myself.

JennaDeeDooDah 11-19-2012 02:09 PM

Exact same thing happened to me this year when I was putting out our lights for Halloween.:headache:

mamamary 11-19-2012 02:53 PM

I've done that too :crazy2:

MaryAnnDVC 11-19-2012 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SaraJayne (Post 46745441)
I put up the Christmas lights this morning outside. We have three bushes right in front of the house and they are the only things we decorate outside for Christmas.

So I'm very carefully connecting all the strings (that I tested before I put them out ;)), getting them all arranged nice in the bushes and I get to the last string and get ready to plug it into the timer (which will be plugged in on Thanksgiving morning before we leave).

And I find out I have 2 female ends together. :furious: :sad::lmao:

Due to the way the strings have plugs attached, I have to change all six strings. :headache: Oh well, my own stupid fault for not starting with the string closest to the porch/plug-in.

Next year, that bush is being covered first!! :laughing:

Once you get them up correctly, just leave them on the bushes all year. Then you can turn them on every night, year round. DISers like that. :teeth:

Fortuosity 11-19-2012 06:42 PM

edited

Kimbysmom 11-19-2012 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MaryAnnDVC (Post 46747587)
Once you get them up correctly, just leave them on the bushes all year. Then you can turn them on every night, year round. DISers like that. :teeth:

Some of our neighbors seem to feel that way :rolleyes2

I did the exact same thing last year too, OP. And I'm sure, knowing me, I'll repeat the same mistake this year as well, lol.

SaraJayne 11-19-2012 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MaryAnnDVC (Post 46747587)
Once you get them up correctly, just leave them on the bushes all year. Then you can turn them on every night, year round. DISers like that. :teeth:

GAH! Not this Diser!! :rotfl:Those babies come off the bushes the weekend after New Years.

mad madam mim78 11-19-2012 09:54 PM

Can you imagine what putting up lights at Disney is like? It's mind boggling!

StephMK 11-19-2012 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by plutotek (Post 46745533)
Been there, done that. I learned the lesson years ago under similar circumstances, so now everything gets laid out on the lawn in front of the bushes, then just flipped into place.

That makes too much sense and takes all of the uncertainty out of the process. :lmao: I will have to try that this year because I have done the same plug matching madness and our bushes are a pain to decorate.

SaraJayne 11-20-2012 11:19 AM

My GAH has just become double GAH!!!!!

I went out to fix the lights this morning and even though I checked the lights yesterday, today, only half the lights on each string work. :furious:

I am about ready to say screw outside decorating this year. Those suckers are going back to Target ~ today.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:29 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.