The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Community Board (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Aaaargh!! The Christmas carols have arrived!! (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3023328)

eliza61 11-19-2012 09:50 AM

Aaaargh!! The Christmas carols have arrived!!

I'm at work and the local station has switched over to all christmas carols. It's not even 11:00 oclock and I've heard Paul Mccartney's "wonderful christmas time" twice already.

I am doomed!!

;):lmao:

PollyannaMom 11-19-2012 10:19 AM

I have to admit, I love Christmas music, and look forward to the switch-over. :goodvibes

plutotek 11-19-2012 10:23 AM

Gee, you started late. Due to work, I cross the broadcast area for 2 1/2 stations, one of which started the 8th, the 2nd started a week ago. The 1/2 is a station that at least 3 of the regular stations created to compet w/the traditional station. It's a low wattage station that will be gone the 26th.

As for the songs, it seems like this is the year of the myriad versions of "Baby, It's Cold Outside". I think I've heard at least 6 different versions.

Stitchfans 11-19-2012 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PollyannaMom (Post 46744282)
I have to admit, I love Christmas music, and look forward to the switch-over. :goodvibes

Me too! Me too! :goodvibes

I love Christmas carols! I love "wonderful Christmas time" song! So cheerful!

jen0610 11-19-2012 10:34 AM

Atleast your getting to listen to them. We don't have piped in music here, if you want it you have to have a radio in your office.

And steaming on line is a HUGE NO NO. While everybody upstairs has multipule channels they can tune in, us basement dwellers are left with 1 - ONE - measly station that comes in clear. And guess what they don't broadcast live anymore. Christmas songs. Starting last year, they only do Christmas via their internet feed.

I want my Christmas music!!!!!!!!!!!

ilovemk76 11-19-2012 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eliza61 (Post 46744097)
I'm at work and the local station has switched over to all christmas carols. It's not even 11:00 oclock and I've heard Paul Mccartney's "wonderful christmas time" twice already.

I am doomed!!

;):lmao:

I was listening on the way to work today. I love Christmas music but that song grates on me. Heard it already.

wiigirl 11-19-2012 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PollyannaMom (Post 46744282)

Me too...but NOT until after thanksgiving.

Lynne M 11-19-2012 10:43 AM

I think Sirius XM started last week. Ugh. Between the ridiculously early Christmas carols, the pre-pre-pre Black Friday Sales, the crazed mobs in the stores and the decorations up in the middle of October in some places, the Christmas season becomes longer and more unpleasant every year. My very favorite day of the holiday season is New Years Day, because that means it's finally all over.

SAHDad 11-19-2012 11:04 AM

Can anyone tell me why, with hundreds of years of songs from which to draw, we still wind up with basically 20-30 songs that get played incessantly?

Mickeyrella 11-19-2012 11:08 AM

I looooooove Christmas music and each year I want to get here sooner and sooner, I also love the Christmas decorations and music in every store I go to. I'm a sucker for everything Christmas!

PaulaSB12 11-19-2012 11:12 AM

Oh great Slade's Merry Christmas blazing over the loud speakers at the supermarket again!!!!!!
:crazy2:

pigletgirl 11-19-2012 11:16 AM

Yep! Tis the season! ;)

usnuzuloose 11-19-2012 11:20 AM

We are late as well here. I was just asking my DH if anyone was playing christmas music. I remember last year they started really early. But not yet this year.

FireDancer 11-19-2012 11:23 AM

I'm right with you Eliza. No Christmas music for me until after Thursday. I don't listen to the radio for music ever so it isn't that hard for me to avoid. I only listen to my MP3 player in the car or talk radio/podcasts at work.

My Christmas tree goes up sometime in December and comes down sometime in December. It is never up in either November or January. I love Christmas, it is my favorite holiday, but I don't need it to bleed over into other months.

goofyintoronto 11-19-2012 11:32 AM

I looove christmas, I love everything about christmas. But the music is just too much. They play it too early, and they repeat the same song over and over. IT DRIVES ME NUTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I shop quite a bit and hear the same songs frequently in each store. I think thats what turned me off from music, hearing it so often while shopping. I will listen to xmas music on xmas day, BUT THATS IT. I do listen to the radio in my car on my way to work, but as soon as an xmas song comes on, I change the station.

Quote:

Originally Posted by FireDancer (Post 46744802)
My Christmas tree goes up sometime in December and comes down sometime in December. It is never up in either November or January. I love Christmas, it is my favorite holiday, but I don't need it to bleed over into other months.

YUP! This is me too. Only i take my tree down on boxing day, or the 27th. Lol. I dont see the point of leaving the tree up when christmas has past.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lynne M (Post 46744467)
I think Sirius XM started last week. Ugh. Between the ridiculously early Christmas carols, the pre-pre-pre Black Friday Sales, the crazed mobs in the stores and the decorations up in the middle of October in some places, the Christmas season becomes longer and more unpleasant every year. My very favorite day of the holiday season is New Years Day, because that means it's finally all over.

:lmao: