The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Restaurants (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Coffee with Dessert? (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3022973)

kristin08 11-18-2012 11:24 AM

Coffee with Dessert?

Can I order a soda or iced tea with the main meal and a plain/regular coffee with dessert while on the DDP? Or will there be an extra charge for the coffee?

Thanks!

mom2of2 11-18-2012 12:12 PM

Extra charge. Its 1 beverage.

Googilycub 11-18-2012 12:22 PM

I always do a glass of beer or wine (out of pocket), and use my dining plan for a coffee at desert.

tony67 11-18-2012 02:11 PM

You can typically get a coffee with dessert as your drink - but it is soda with the meal or coffee at dessert - you don’t get both - but you may get lucky and not get charged for the coffee on occasion

Also just a heads up - if you ask for espresso or cappuccino on the DDP some places won’t give it to you - for example Via Napoli - and others will - Grand Floridian Cafe

Kind of annoying since the waiters at Via Napoli won't warn you about that

I checked with the concierge and it is meant to be included – but Via Napoli is privately run – they don’t even give Disney Employees a discount according to the concierge I spoke to – and she could not take the espresso off my bill

TinkerTerry 11-18-2012 02:26 PM

I have been on the dining plan for my last two trips and have never been charged for my coffee.

goofyintoronto 11-18-2012 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tony67
You can typically get a coffee with dessert as your drink - but it is soda with the meal or coffee at dessert - you don’t get both - but you may get lucky and not get charged for the coffee on occasion

Also just a heads up - if you ask for espresso or cappuccino on the DDP some places won’t give it to you - for example Via Napoli - and others will - Grand Floridian Cafe

Kind of annoying since the waiters at Via Napoli won't warn you about that

I checked with the concierge and it is meant to be included – but Via Napoli is privately run – they don’t even give Disney Employees a discount according to the concierge I spoke to – and she could not take the espresso off my bill

why would they even take it off your bill? esp after you drank it. the onus is on the customer to ask if its included. i dont think the waiter should say "that's not on the DP" for every extra item you order. If you want something, you ask. That's what i do at restaurants. I know that on the DP I am entitled to one non alcoholic beverage. Anything extra i am prepared to pay.

Sent from my Galaxy SII

mmouse50 11-18-2012 04:37 PM

You will be charged for 1 of the drinks - either the soda/tea or the coffee.

I always do the dining plan - get tea with my meal and coffee after with dessert - I am charged for the coffee.

icc2515 11-18-2012 05:40 PM

Does this rule apply to buffets as well?

AllisonLeigh 11-18-2012 06:18 PM

Yes--applies to buffets and any meals. Just about to arrive home (boo!) I got water with meals when I knew I'd want coffee. At Crystal Palace buffet and T-Rex, to name two. I got a cappuccino at Les Chefs in Epcot and it was included too!

mom2of2 11-18-2012 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by icc2515
Does this rule apply to buffets as well?

No, buffets you can have more then one.