The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Cruise Line Forum (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   What would you LOVE DCL to sell as merchandise, Let's help them! (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3022916)

Jillpie 11-18-2012 10:16 AM

What would you LOVE DCL to sell as merchandise, Let's help them!

I know they read our threads, so I figured why not try and help them to know exactly what we would love for them to create, and sell for us:). I'll start.

We haven't sailed since 2006 and are going on the Dream in April:thumbsup2. On CastawayCay, I bought a beautiful white hooded sweatshirt, with pink lettering CC across the front. I LOVED this for years after, then I left it somewhere. Please bring it back for me?:wave2:

JimGA 11-18-2012 10:42 AM

Items

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jillpie (Post 46736641)
I know they read our threads, so I figured why not try and help them to know exactly what we would love for them to create, and sell for us:). I'll start.

We haven't sailed since 2006 and are going on the Dream in April:thumbsup2. On CastawayCay, I bought a beautiful white hooded sweatshirt, with pink lettering CC across the front. I LOVED this for years after, then I left it somewhere. Please bring it back for me?:wave2:

popcorn:: Never been on a DC before so I do not know what they sell, but I would love for them to sell Disney Cruise Line pajama's, especially for kids, I would love to be able to purchase it as an in room gift, nothing like sleeping in new PJ's at a magical place/ship.

dsnydaddy 11-18-2012 11:12 AM

That pillow, that is on the new ships... For a decent price!

Tami0220 11-18-2012 02:52 PM

Cute Pooh sized womens clothes.

kimkreis 11-18-2012 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tami0220
Cute Pooh sized womens clothes.

Amen sister

moomy-san 11-18-2012 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kimkreis

Amen sister

Can I add another Amen?

Green Tea 11-18-2012 05:04 PM

Something OTHER than branded merchandise!!!! Resorts usually have their logo store but also boutiques of regular clothing and other items. I generally spend a lot. ;). But on Dream the only clothes were branded DCL items. I actually spent zero in the shops. I was disappointed.

yarlenna 11-18-2012 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by moomy-san (Post 46739209)
Can I add another Amen?

Another AMEN!

Namsupak 11-18-2012 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dsnydaddy (Post 46737007)
That pillow, that is on the new ships... For a decent price!

I assume you mean because of the price they are charging for it. Even at this price it is sold out on the Disney Store site.

Here is the LINK in case you wanted to see it.

It would be nice if there was a Mulan type option in the BBB. Also I agree with the "other" merchandise store idea. It is kind of crazy how they will have repeats of the same merchandise in different parts of the stores.

Jillpie 11-18-2012 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Green Tea (Post 46739240)
Something OTHER than branded merchandise!!!! Resorts usually have their logo store but also boutiques of regular clothing and other items. I generally spend a lot. ;). But on Dream the only clothes were branded DCL items. I actually spent zero in the shops. I was disappointed.

I'm confused on this one...isn't the point to get one of a kind merchandise, that you can only get on the ships? You can get boutique type of clothing anywhere in Fl, Miami etc. you can only get cruise line items on the ships.

Ajojo 11-18-2012 06:32 PM

I'd love to see some merchandise other than Princesses. Can we get some 101 Dalmatians? I'd settle for just one Dalmatian pin.

COASTIEandMATE 11-18-2012 08:44 PM

Calenders!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Green Tea (Post 46739240)

HOW ABOUT SOME WALL SIZE DCL CALENDERS! I WOULD LOVE TO BUY SOME AS GIFTS TO TAKE BACK HOME! Especially with the beautiful new ships, and great new ports, I think they would sell. ALOHA, Karen:thumbsup2

sissy_ib 11-18-2012 09:47 PM

Lilthographs or mini poaters! Most of the art on-board is too expensive for me but they had some great stuff I would have loved to own. Some DCL specific ones would be awesome! I looked in the gift shops but they only had one full size poster. I had to settle for a few postcards.

rabidmarmot 11-18-2012 10:02 PM

More ship specific items. The offerings on the Dream now that they aren't selling inaugural stuff are sad; just 1 Dream hat. Would love to see like they did on the Fantasy and have some 687 items like O'Gill's.

sweetpee_1993 11-18-2012 10:06 PM

Yes! Ship specific stuff like tshirts. Also, please, for the love of all things Disney, sell me the complete place settings at Animator's Palate on the Dream/Fantasy. Please?!?! I can't do just a dinner plate and a butter knife. I need dinner plates, salad plates, bowls, cups, saucers, and butter knives. :thumbsup2