The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Canadian Trip Planning & Community Board (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Victoria to Seattle for Disney flight (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3022906)

ryckpen 11-18-2012 09:50 AM

Victoria to Seattle for Disney flight
 
Good morning fellow Disney lovers. My family and I are heading to Disney in January 2013 (Can't Wait!) Our issue is my son who lives in Victoria B.C. will be flying out of Seattle. My question for all is does anyone have an idea of the most economical way to get from Victoria to Seattle. I have researched till I'm dizzy and there is no clear answer. Thank you in advance for any and all tips.

Sue M 11-18-2012 07:01 PM

I drive from Vancouver and overnight at a hotel near Southcenter Mall that has park & fly rates, and airport shuttle.
If driving isn't an option, I know from YVR there is a shuttle bus that will take you to SeaTac. And I believe there is a bus from YVR & Victoria.
Other then this, I don't know.

sechelt 11-18-2012 07:07 PM

Looks like everybody is stumped, or else they're watching football. :)

There's a passenger/vehicle ferry from Victoria to Port Angeles. Will your son have a car? If not, he could take a bus to SeaTac. The website is www.cohoferry.com and mentions www.olympicbuslines.com.

Don't know how economical this is but it's the only option I know of besides Greyhound and flying.

ryckpen 11-18-2012 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sue M (Post 46740037)
I drive from Vancouver and overnight at a hotel near Southcenter Mall that has park & fly rates, and airport shuttle.
If driving isn't an option, I know from YVR there is a shuttle bus that will take you to SeaTac. And I believe there is a bus from YVR & Victoria.
Other then this, I don't know.

Thank you Sue will pass the info will pass it on.

ryckpen 11-18-2012 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sechelt (Post 46740082)
Looks like everybody is stumped, or else they're watching football. :)

There's a passenger/vehicle ferry from Victoria to Port Angeles. Will your son have a car? If not, he could take a bus to SeaTac.

Don't know how economical this is but it's the only option I know of besides Greyhound and flying.

I'm thinking the ferry to Port Angeles will be the most economic and the easiest. Thank you so much for your quick reply. Will probably get more replies when football is over.

ryckpen 11-18-2012 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sue M (Post 46740037)
I drive from Vancouver and overnight at a hotel near Southcenter Mall that has park & fly rates, and airport shuttle.
If driving isn't an option, I know from YVR there is a shuttle bus that will take you to SeaTac. And I believe there is a bus from YVR & Victoria.
Other then this, I don't know.

Sue I just noticed you are going to Disney January 2013 and staying at POFQ. Small world we are going to be at POR January 2013. Really excited to share the magic. :woohoo:

ABCanada 11-18-2012 09:35 PM

Have you considered the Victoria Clipper? It is passenger only but leaves from Downtown Victoria. Here is a link to their website which shows the terminal locations includes a link to directions to SEATAC.

http://www.clippervacations.com/faq/directions.html

Depending on your son's location this might be the most convenient. I believe the Port Angeles ferry leaves from Sidney.

sechelt 11-18-2012 10:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ABCanada (Post 46741195)
Have you considered the Victoria Clipper? It is passenger only but leaves from Downtown Victoria. Here is a link to their website which shows the terminal locations includes a link to directions to SEATAC.

http://www.clippervacations.com/faq/directions.html

Depending on your son's location this might be the most convenient. I believe the Port Angeles ferry leaves from Sidney.

According to their websites, both leave from Victoria's inner harbour on Belleville Street. The ferries leaving from Sidney are the provincial ones heading to Tswwassen and the Gulf Islands.

I think both the Clipper and the Coho are possibilities for the OP's son.

BLAZEY 11-19-2012 12:32 AM

There are a few options
 
From Swartz Bay (North of Sidney) to Vancover and then drive down to Seattle. Must drive over the border. B C Ferries.

From Sidney to Port Angeles need to drive to Seattle from ferry.

From Downtown Victoria (Inner harbour) Coho again will need a car to get to Seattle.

From Victoria to Seattle on the Clipper. Probably the fastest method. Passenger only. Can get ground transpotation from Port of Seattle to Airport.

ryckpen 11-19-2012 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BLAZEY (Post 46742108)
From Swartz Bay (North of Sidney) to Vancover and then drive down to Seattle. Must drive over the border. B C Ferries.

From Sidney to Port Angeles need to drive to Seattle from ferry.

From Downtown Victoria (Inner harbour) Coho again will need a car to get to Seattle.

From Victoria to Seattle on the Clipper. Probably the fastest method. Passenger only. Can get ground transpotation from Port of Seattle to Airport.

Thank you blazey I knew that dis boards was the way to go with this puzzle everyone has gone out of their way to help.

ryckpen 11-19-2012 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ABCanada (Post 46741195)
Have you considered the Victoria Clipper? It is passenger only but leaves from Downtown Victoria. Here is a link to their website which shows the terminal locations includes a link to directions to SEATAC.

http://www.clippervacations.com/faq/directions.html

Depending on your son's location this might be the most convenient. I believe the Port Angeles ferry leaves from Sidney.

Thank you AB everyone has been so helpful Dis Boards rock!!

Sue M 11-19-2012 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ryckpen (Post 46740217)
Sue I just noticed you are going to Disney January 2013 and staying at POFQ. Small world we are going to be at POR January 2013. Really excited to share the magic. :woohoo:

:thumbsup2. Small world! We are going late January for 10 nights.

piyoxoxo 12-05-2012 10:11 PM

Have fun!

ryckpen 12-22-2012 10:32 AM

problem solved!!
 
Thank you everyone for your time and info. We now have things figured out. My son and daughter in law will be taking the clipper to Seatle from there it is a short 2 block walk to a shuttle that will take them directly to Seatle Airport and the price is an amazing $3 per person. Thought I would update you all and leave the info for anyone else with similar plans in the future. 5 weeks to go and so excited :yay:

Sue M 12-22-2012 07:44 PM

Congrats! Glad it worked out with their flight times! Are you packing yet? lol. I think I'll start just after New Years :goodvibes Can't wait for our first POFQ stay. We've stayed at POR several times, so have gone over to visit, and check it out :thumbsup2


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:25 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.