The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Sea World / Discovery Cove (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   All Day dining - AP discount (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3022806)

Suellen 11-17-2012 09:47 PM

All Day dining - AP discount

Just wanted to share - I haven't seen it reported here - but you do get 10% off the all day dining cost with AP.

BTW - LOVED the all day dining! Much better then Universals. We will never to universals again.

I loved grabbing waters and hot chocolates and fruit and second kids meals for my big eater. Seriously? 1/2 a kids pizza and NO sides? How can that be a meal? Especially when they are walking, running and playing all day?

Do think we would skip the buffet and opt for something else though - AND I'd Be ticked if I paid full price for THAT buffet! 14.99? Crazy - it was no better and maybe a bit more blah then the Cici's pizza buffet for 3.99!! Though it was decorated beautiful for Christmas!

I can try to answer questions on the all Fay dining if anyone wants!

djb2002 11-18-2012 03:38 AM

I presume from your comments that the All Day Dining includes the buffet then ??

Thanks
Daniel

Suellen 11-18-2012 09:29 AM

It does - BUT I wouldn't recommend it! Of course it costs you nothing to go in and look.

angelmom27 11-18-2012 06:56 PM

I am confused. I do know about the AP discount on all day dining. What buffet are you referring to? And all the meals my kids have gotten included a side/dessert and a drink with the main entree.

Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina 11-19-2012 08:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by angelmom27 (Post 46740440)
I am confused. I do know about the AP discount on all day dining. What buffet are you referring to? And all the meals my kids have gotten included a side/dessert and a drink with the main entree.

The buffet is at the Terrace Garden restaurant:

http://seaworldparks.com/en/seaworld...-Garden-Buffet

Pizza, pasta and dessert. I agree with Suellen.....while the buffet is "okay", there are much better options for dining at SW.

angelmom27 11-19-2012 09:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina

The buffet is at the Terrace Garden restaurant:

http://seaworldparks.com/en/seaworld...-Garden-Buffet

Pizza, pasta and dessert. I agree with Suellen.....while the buffet is "okay", there are much better options for dining at SW.

Hmm never have eaten there if we want pizza we go to southport. Guess I will avoid that place on our next trip. As for the other places there are good and have more choices to choose from.

Anonny 11-19-2012 12:14 PM

We are staying at an official SeaWorld hotel, so we get 10% discount on dining.

We are debating, for the same price we can get dining all day or one Dine with Shamu meal. I have read that they Dine with Shamu meal is really great.

We are going in December. I think we might want the timing flexibility to be sure we have time for all the Christmas activities and shows.

Thoughts?

DOOM1001 11-21-2012 12:21 AM

Yeah Sea World has a lot of good food options but the pizza buffet is near the bottom.I would prefer they bring back the free beer to the buffet but I hear this area is slated to be used for the next major attraction at Sea World.

ExpatDisneyLover 11-25-2012 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anonny (Post 46745207)
We are staying at an official SeaWorld hotel, so we get 10% discount on dining.

We are debating, for the same price we can get dining all day or one Dine with Shamu meal. I have read that they Dine with Shamu meal is really great.

We are going in December. I think we might want the timing flexibility to be sure we have time for all the Christmas activities and shows.

Thoughts?

I think it would depend on how many meals you are planning to eat. If I were going to eat two or more meals at SW I would do the All Day Dining - plus you get snacks with that too. If I were just going to have one meal then I would do Dine with Shamu. I have even eaten three full meals doing the All Day Dining and it was well worth it - saved about 50% - they serve breakfast as well. That is looking at it from the "food" perspective only really - though I thought the whale interaction was nice for Dine with Shamu - there are other ways to see the whales more close up - ie - by going to the restaurant underwater viewing area.

The restaurants I have enjoyed the most at SW are Voyagers, Sea Fire Inn and Spice Mill - I too thought the buffet wasn't good value - if I had paid full price for it - I would have been ticked - but as it was I was on All Day Dining and just had a slice of pizza and a cookie for a snack.

Suellen 11-25-2012 03:47 PM

Hmmm at the Southport Pizza place the girls got each a 1/2 of a kids pizza and no offer of a side. No matter though we just went in and grabbed salads and seconds on the kids pizza so they could each have a full kids pizza.

Maybe it was just an off day and they should have had something else with it?

DTop 11-27-2012 05:47 AM

I haven't heard great things about the Terrace Garden Buffet either but it comes with the All Day Dining Deal so what the heck, I'd say give it a try. As far as Seaport Pizza (I think that's the actual name) goes, I've always considered it a pizza only place. I just don't recall any sides per se.

angelmom27 11-27-2012 08:13 AM

I could have been wrong about the kids. It has been awhile. I do know for sure that Southport Pizza has sides. We like to rest there and get drinks and watermelon slices from there. The line is usually very short and fast. I have pics from just last May when we went there of my LO eating watermelon. I remember my FX DD was having a hard time and wanted everything. I went through the line about 10x it seemed. Don't worry cause what ever she didn't want she gave to her fellow girl scouts. Lol