The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Restaurants (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Any special (holiday) food treats to be on the lookout for?? (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3022710)

ILoveDisney&Cruising 11-17-2012 04:39 PM

Any special (holiday) food treats to be on the lookout for??

Was just daydreaming of our upcoming trip ... and the food we'll be eating :yay: which made me wonder if there are any special (holiday?) food treats I should be on the lookout for?

I just saw on someone's blog that Storybook Treats may swirl their ice cream in red & green colors (not sure if this is just for the MVMCP or not).

And last trip, Sleepy Hollow had Nutella and fruit on a waffe ... YUM!!!

What should I keep my eyes open for this time?? I for sure don't want to miss anything!!! :rotfl2:

:santa:

iloveokw 11-17-2012 05:09 PM

Earle of Sandwich has a yummy "Holiday" sandwich.

AlohaAnnie 11-17-2012 06:45 PM

We went December 2011 and I am usually not a fan of Cupcakes unless they are really full of Chocolate.

But we were having lunch at the Backlot Express and for dessert I chose the Holiday Cupcake. It was so good.

It was moist and very sweet. It is a gingerbread cake with cheese cake icing. It is wonderful, if you like gingerbread flavor and cheese cake.

:thumbsup2

ILoveDisney&Cruising 11-17-2012 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iloveokw (Post 46733189)
Earle of Sandwich has a yummy "Holiday" sandwich.

Quote:

Originally Posted by AlohaAnnie (Post 46733667)
We went December 2011 and I am usually not a fan of Cupcakes unless they are really full of Chocolate.

But we were having lunch at the Backlot Express and for dessert I chose the Holiday Cupcake. It was so good.

It was moist and very sweet. It is a gingerbread cake with cheese cake icing. It is wonderful, if you like gingerbread flavor and cheese cake.

Thanks!! I knew about the holiday sandwich at "Earle's" ;) (will be getting one of those within 24 hours of arrival :cool1:) but didn't know about the gingerbread cupcake -- will definitely add that to our "must eats"!!!

Keep 'em coming! :santa:

MickeyNicki 11-17-2012 09:01 PM

Osborne Lights in HS, on the streets of NY they have gingerbread hot cocoa

Also in HS at Starring Rolls they have a new gingerbread cupcake

At Kona in the Poly they have pumpkin pancakes

curseofcurves 11-17-2012 09:38 PM

Ooo Thanks for making this thread. I'll be paying close attention. We're going in a couple of weeks and I would like to get in on some of the holiday special treats!

I read something about a Spiced Rum Cider being sold near the Osbourne lights.

I also read about pumpkin fudge and cupcakes being sold right now. Too bad they will probably be gone when we get there. I loooove pumpkin.

andrea2289 11-18-2012 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MickeyNicki (Post 46734436)
Osborne Lights in HS, on the streets of NY they have gingerbread hot cocoa

Also in HS at Starring Rolls they have a new gingerbread cupcake

This will make my hubby so happy...he loves Gingerbread anything!

OP - I second the Holiday sandwich. 18 days and I'll be having one (or two) myself ;)

AdventureIsOutThere 11-19-2012 11:02 AM

I just got back last week and had two amazing seasonal items: pumpkin cupcake @ DHS and the pumpkin pancakes @ Kona. Both were to die for good!

The Sleepy Hallow waffle with Nuttella and fruit is not seasonal (as far as I know) but is amazing as well! In my opinion, one of the best ways to watch Wishes is with that waffle in hand! I don't care for bananas so I just got it with the chocolate, blueberries and strawberries. Amazing!

curseofcurves 11-24-2012 04:24 PM

bump!

curseofcurves 12-02-2012 10:28 AM

Has anyone come across any new treats to be on the lookout for?

hannahr 12-02-2012 07:12 PM

They also have pumpkin spice cupcakes at the contemporary and polynesian counter service. The polynesian one had the edge for me.

caravarela 12-02-2012 07:12 PM

Last week I noticed peppermint hot chocolate and mochas at our resort, and Pepper Market had candy cane ice cream one day and pumpkin ice cream another.

At Pizza Planet at DHS I tried a pumpkin cupcake with maple frosting but didn't really like it.

Circus181920 12-03-2012 07:54 AM

Sweet Spells has a gingerbread man cookie with mickey ears-and the mickey ears are dipped in chocolate! :thumbsup2

NicoleK1974 12-03-2012 07:52 PM

I know some others have mentioned the gingerbread, but specifically the gingerbread men/ladies from e bakery on Main Street.....

If I could eat only one thing for the rest of my life, it would be them.

In general, I like gingerbread, and bought it from 3 different shoppes while we were there...but the one on Main Street was AMAZING!

I planned my trip at Christmas again instead of Halloween (REALLY wanted to try MNSSHP!) because I can't wait to get these again!

I only bought 1 last time...and I am not kidding when I say, I have a whole $25 gift card specifically reserved for, and only for these gingerbread cookies!!!

6 more days until I get I get to return to the heavenly goodness!

:)

MickeyNicki 12-07-2012 07:19 PM

Boardwalk bakery has a peppermint cupcake and beach club has a gingerbread one