The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Restaurants (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Need 2 more ADR's - vegetarian & kid friendly (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3022561)

cheryterese 11-17-2012 08:35 AM

Need 2 more ADR's - vegetarian & kid friendly

We booked a 7 day trip yesterday, for February, and have never booked so close to trip time so I was not prepared at all with ADR's. We will have 3 days in MK, 2 in Epcot, 1 at AK and 1 at DHS. We're staying at POR.

So far I've got 1900 Park Fare for MK (figured we'd take the monorail over from the park), Biergarten and Akershus at Epcot, and the Tusker House character lunch at AK.

We prefer buffets since 4 out of 5 of us are vegetarians, one child is super picky and one child is practically vegan (not big on mac n cheese, pizza, the standard Disney kid options). We've done both Biergarten and Akershus in the past and everyone has found plenty to eat.

Recommendations for 2 more? I tried 'Ohana, Chef Mickey's and Be Our Guest, but no luck so far. Cinderella's Castle is open for all meals but I just can't bring myself to spend 2 credits per person on it. I'm feeling pressured to at least reserve something for now and change it later so we're not stuck. Thanks!

MindyMouse76 11-17-2012 09:09 AM

Not sure if you are looking for breakfast - but I heard Cape May Breakfast is amazing! The character interaction is suppose to be awesome and much better than Chef Mickey! We will be going there for the first time for breakfast in May!

Hope that helps!

cheryterese 11-17-2012 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MindyMouse76 (Post 46730811)
Not sure if you are looking for breakfast - but I heard Cape May Breakfast is amazing! The character interaction is suppose to be awesome and much better than Chef Mickey! We will be going there for the first time for breakfast in May!

Hope that helps!

Where is Cape May? Thanks!

vdub322 11-17-2012 09:51 AM

My DH is a vegetarian and I eat veg most of the time. We LOVED Boma. It's at Animal Kingdom Lodge-Jambo House, so it's not in a park and might take some travel, but it is delicious and great for vegetarians. Cape May is at the Beach Club Resort, which you could walk to from the International Gateway entrance of Epcot, and I have heard good things but I have never been there.

Good luck! And maybe check out the vegetarian/vegan dining thread...there is lots of great info there!

MindyMouse76 11-17-2012 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cheryterese

Where is Cape May? Thanks!

In the Beach Club Resort Area. It is near the international gateway behind EPCOT. Also close to some boat that takes you to Hollywood studios. I was told the character interaction is amazing (and much better than chef Mickey). Keep in kind the characters are only there for breakfast. Regular buffet at dinner with no characters.

Hope that helps.

everythingALICE 11-17-2012 12:55 PM

I'm vegetarian, and I love both Boma and Crystal Palace for buffets (been for breakfast and dinner at both, as well as lunch at CP, and have never been disappointed)! I find that they both have a lot of options and the quality is decent as well.