The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Resorts (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   What time is the Animal Kingdom Lodge night vision viewing in the winter? (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3022504)

qzar33 11-17-2012 04:07 AM

What time is the Animal Kingdom Lodge night vision viewing in the winter?
 
I'm heading out next week to WDW and wanted to check out the night vision goggles to view the animals. I've seen mentions of 9pm-11pm before on here but I thought maybe that was just for the summer. Anyone know what time it is in late November?

Also, where exactly is it located? Never been to AKL before.

qzar33 11-17-2012 07:53 PM

Bump?

thr33boys 11-17-2012 08:28 PM

I'm here right now, and we actually did it tonight. It's from dusk to 9:30pm. It's pretty cool.

thr33boys 11-17-2012 08:31 PM

Sorry, didn't notice your second question. At Jambo, it's on the overlook just past the pool.

qzar33 11-17-2012 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thr33boys (Post 46734261)
I'm here right now, and we actually did it tonight. It's from dusk to 9:30pm. It's pretty cool.

So like 30 minutes after sunset? Thanks for the reply!

CheriePenguin 01-26-2013 10:07 PM

Is there an area near Boma to watch the animals with night vision goggles as well?

John's Mom 01-27-2013 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thr33boys (Post 46734278)
Sorry, didn't notice your second question. At Jambo, it's on the overlook just past the pool.

Quote:

Originally Posted by CheriePenguin (Post 47319266)
Is there an area near Boma to watch the animals with night vision goggles as well?

The overlook just past the pool on the left is outside of Boma. You go out the rear door of the lodge, pass the pool and the overlook is on the left.

I have also seen night vision goggles used at Arusha Rock.

CheriePenguin 01-27-2013 02:22 PM

Thanks for the reply. I couldn't recall the layout at AKL too well.

I presume this is something available to all guests, not just those staying at AKL?

Is there usually much of a wait? Do you have to sign up or anything, or just come to the overlook and wait your turn?

We have dinner ressies at Boma, and I thought the boys would enjoy doing this afterwards.

John's Mom 01-27-2013 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CheriePenguin (Post 47324707)
Thanks for the reply. I couldn't recall the layout at AKL too well.

I presume this is something available to all guests, not just those staying at AKL?

Is there usually much of a wait? Do you have to sign up or anything, or just come to the overlook and wait your turn?

We have dinner ressies at Boma, and I thought the boys would enjoy doing this afterwards.

The night vision goggles are available for everyone to use. You don't have to sign up. The wait depends upon how many show up at the same time.

Kathy


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:46 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.