The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Resorts (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Outlets at AoA FS (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3022434)

carseatmommy 11-16-2012 09:24 PM

Outlets at AoA FS

We are headed to AoA very soon and I wanted to check on how many outlets we would have. We will have 3 adults and 2 children. So we'll have 3 iphone's, a camera or 2, and a laptop that will need to be charged daily. We will probably bring a surge strip for some extra outlets, but wanted to know how many outlets we will have in the room.

Susan

mmouse50 11-17-2012 06:05 AM

Sorry - don't have a clue on the number of outlets - but I always bring my surge strip - there never seems to be enough outlets or there is only one outlet that I can really use -(by the table and chairs) the rest are for what I call room necessities (clock, tv, etc)

donac 11-17-2012 06:11 AM

At ASMu FS there was a desk in the bedroom with a couple of outlets to use. I would hope it is the same at AoA. I know there was a similar desk at BLT so maybe they put them into the newer hotels

disnut8 11-17-2012 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mmouse50 (Post 46729676)
Sorry - don't have a clue on the number of outlets - but I always bring my surge strip - there never seems to be enough outlets or there is only one outlet that I can really use -(by the table and chairs) the rest are for what I call room necessities (clock, tv, etc)

Totally agree. Once my husband and I got smart phones and he's been bringing his work laptop and I bring mine, and I have a video camera and a still camera, there are never enough outlets in any hotel, motel or resort room for all this electronic garbage. So I bring the power strip, plug it in under the desk (so it's out of the way) and then power things up as needed. I also made sure to invest in enough extra cords (like we have three for the cell phones plus two car adapters and one to plug into the PC so our phones never have to die) to make things easier. My daughter-in-law and granddaughter had to share one cell phone cord for an eight day trip and that was not fun for them.

disneydreamfan14 11-17-2012 02:05 PM

In our Lion King room near the lamp in the back corner (next to the pullout couch) there was a power strip. There is also a plug next to the table bed. I'm sure there are plenty more but I honestly don't remember.

AliceIn 11-17-2012 05:45 PM

There were lots of outlets. We had three cell phones, an i-Pad, a laptop, and two kindles and we had no problems. In the master bedroom, there are outlets near the bed if you rely on your cell to be your wake up call, and there are also extra outlets in a flip down panel at the top of the dresser where the TV is. Then you have outlets in the mini-kitchen, and also another flip down panel by the TV in the living room. This is clearly a modern resort ready for the gadget hungry guest :)