The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Cruise Line Forum (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   just wonding what would you do????????? (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3022346)

Patrickprincess 11-16-2012 03:40 PM

just wonding what would you do?????????

I'm not sure where to post this but i would like some input on this. I'm trying to decide if i should cancelle wdw in favor of the disney fantasy cruise for december 7 2013 it would be for the western caribbean i just finished the eastern. My wdw is 3,073.81 the cruise would be $2,684.02 i think that's for a veranda cat 5. i allready have the air for wdw and since the air is nonrefundable i could still use the air only changing it for a fee for $75.00 .Thanks for any help or input

lbgraves 11-16-2012 04:18 PM

If you asked either one of my kids if they would rather go to WDW or on a DCL cruise, they would pick the cruise in a split second. I wouldn't argue with them. ;) The only additional amount will be your tips, but that still keeps it about the same price.

stsomewhere 11-16-2012 04:19 PM

i would do the cruise. It is my family's favorite way to vacation.

MAJPLO 11-16-2012 04:53 PM

I would do the cruise too. It sounds like for almost three or four hundred dollars less you would be cruising and have all meals included so I would imagine wdw would be quite a bit more in the end, even after tips and some extras (excursions, photos, spa...).

kcashner 11-16-2012 05:02 PM

We like the parks but we LOVE the cruises. I'd go with the ship.

Of course, since you have already cruised once, you know what to expect. By the time you pay a $75 per person change fee, there is not much difference in price...especially if your WDW includes a dining plan.

NancyIL 11-16-2012 06:05 PM

Since you would ask what *I* would do - I'd go to WDW in December 2013. I am going to both WDW and sailing on the Fantasy in a few weeks, but I would choose WDW if I could do only one. If you've never been to WDW during holiday time - it's wonderful!

Another option is a 3 or 4-night cruise on the Dream plus WDW during your original travel dates.

GatorMomInNC 11-16-2012 06:18 PM

Yes, but OP could go on the cruise, then go to Orlando for one day - not to do the parks, but to tour the resorts and see the Christmas decorations, which are very nice. That could be done the day before or the day of the return from the cruise..

I would choose the cruise, I find it more relaxing overall than WDW.

Melissa S 11-16-2012 06:36 PM

Of course if you ask on a cruise board a majority of us would say cruise lol. I too would pick cruise in a heartbeat. We love DCL because we can visit other countries but still have the amazing entertainment of Disney. I am not a parks person. The thought of waiting in lines all day and being exhausted doesn't appeal to me. We choose DCL because DD can interact with the characters and we can relax and see the world.

DVC Jen 11-16-2012 06:42 PM

How many times have you been to WDW? Which is your favorite? What is your heart telling you to do?

For me - if you would have asked me this 5 years ago I would have said WDW - but we are DVC members, go every year and honestly the cruises are still new enough to us that we want to do them.

They are also a nice break from the parks - which we still enjoy but the newness has worn off.

darkwing818 11-16-2012 07:05 PM

What would we do; Cruise :thumbsup2. We've hit the parks for the last 20 years or so. But a chance to do another 7 day cruise & just kick back, now you're talking. :mic:

Honestly you can't go wrong with either choice.

Patrickprincess 11-16-2012 07:12 PM

wondering what you do?????

Quote:

Originally Posted by DVC Jen (Post 46727764)
How many times have you been to WDW? Which is your favorite? What is your heart telling you to do?

For me - if you would have asked me this 5 years ago I would have said WDW - but we are DVC members, go every year and honestly the cruises are still new enough to us that we want to do them.

They are also a nice break from the parks - which we still enjoy but the newness has worn off.

I've only been to wdw three times and the fantasy cruise was only my secound. My wdw trip is allready paid for and so is the air. You guys are so great i'm thinking perhaps i will change my dates to December 4-11 2013 i may get on flim.

DahliaRW 11-16-2012 07:15 PM

Financially speaking you'll come out ahead on the cruise too because you won't be buying a week worth of food at WDW!

NancyIL 11-16-2012 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Patrickprincess (Post 46727930)
I've only been to wdw three times and the fantasy cruise was only my secound. My wdw trip is allready paid for and so is the air. You guys are so great i'm thinking perhaps i will change my dates to December 4-11 2013 i may get on flim.

You have already paid for a December 2013 trip? You can't even book the airfare yet!

jlwhitney 11-16-2012 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NancyIL (Post 46727983)
You have already paid for a December 2013 trip? You can't even book the airfare yet!

SOunds like they bought Air through WDW.

Patrickprincess 11-16-2012 09:00 PM

wondering what you would do????????

Quote:

Originally Posted by jlwhitney (Post 46728219)
SOunds like they bought Air through WDW.

I booked for June of 2013 and yes i did buy the air through disney and i think i got a good deal. It's a round trip from seattle to orlando for $413.01 and i'm going by myself. I do like the ideal of a cruise but wdw is calling me. I've been toying with the ideal of changing my wdw dates to december of 2013