The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   DVC-Mousecellaneous (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=119)
-   -   MVMCP and DVC Discount (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3022324)

WolfpackFan 11-16-2012 02:58 PM

MVMCP and DVC Discount

Okay, we head down to WDW in two weeks. I had not planned on attending MVMCP, but the more I thought about it and since we've never done it, I figured maybe we will do it this year. I'm planning on attending Dec. 11th. Should I order my tickets using DVC discount now or just wait until we get down to WDW? If I do order it now, do they mail the tickets to you and will there be time to get them? Thanks.

crazybones27 11-16-2012 03:11 PM

From my personal experience from the last two weeks order your tickets now and mark them as a "will call". My family was down for the first two MVMCP and we decided last minute to attend the first night. The website said the tickets were still available to order and when I went through everything they said sold out. I called and found out the tickets for that night were sold out for a week. We extended our trip one extra night which happened to fall on the second party night. We missed tickets by two hours because we thought we were leaving and made the split second decision to stay. So my advice is to definitely get them early just in case. I'm not saying they will sell out but you never know. You can put them on "will call" and pick them up with your ID at the park :goodvibes

drcoulsey 11-16-2012 07:57 PM

MVMCP tickets

I called MS and ordered my MVMCP tickets for our trip in 2 weeks. I was given a confirmation number and was told to bring that number to any Guest Relations along with my DVC member card and ID to get the tickets. If I were you, I'd call MS and order them. Don't wait until you get there. They are selling out quickly.

WolfpackFan 11-16-2012 08:01 PM

Ordered our tickets tonight.

gaildmoody 11-18-2012 11:40 PM

Are the DVC tix cheaper than the AP tix? I am a new member so this is all new to me! :confused3

Sammie 11-19-2012 12:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gaildmoody (Post 46742129)
Are the DVC tix cheaper than the AP tix? I am a new member so this is all new to me! :confused3

Same price

luckyman_apd 11-19-2012 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WolfpackFan (Post 46726300)
Okay, we head down to WDW in two weeks. I had not planned on attending MVMCP, but the more I thought about it and since we've never done it, I figured maybe we will do it this year. I'm planning on attending Dec. 11th. Should I order my tickets using DVC discount now or just wait until we get down to WDW? If I do order it now, do they mail the tickets to you and will there be time to get them? Thanks.

We did it Nov 9th. Ordered through MS, and picked them up at Guest services at ANY park once you are there. The Party starts at 7, but the ticket will get you admission to the park starting at 4pm. So, you don't need a separate park ticket to gain admission, unless you want to get there before 4, or visit any other park. If you've never done it before, it's always good to see it, but not sure I will do it again. The crowds getting out of the park that don't have a wristband, plus the crowds trying to get a good seat for the parade are INSANE. Or at least they were on Nov 9th. They did not do a good job getting people out of the park on time. My suggestion would be to catch the second parade. They do it twice, and find a spot in frontierland rather than main street, unless you want to see the snow at the same time. The fireworks can be seen from around the park, but obviously are best in front of the castle.

In hindsight, with the small kids, we would NOT have visited another park that day. We hit Epcot that morning and did not get back to the room till around 3. I would have bought one less day of admission (unless you have an AP) and just used that day as a relaxing morning. Sleep in, maybe go to breakfast somewhere. I would have planned to be in the MK a little after 4. The lines for rides were non existent. The best part of the whole night (at least for my kids) was dancing with Woody, Jessie, and Bullseye in the Diamond Horseshoe. They had a fantastic time, and the place was pretty empty. It will be several years before we are back during that time of year and my kids will be much older. Maybe we'll have to schedule a weekend trip in a studio next year just to get it in while the kids are still young.

LisaS 11-19-2012 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luckyman_apd (Post 46745237)
In hindsight, with the small kids, we would NOT have visited another park that day. We hit Epcot that morning and did not get back to the room till around 3. I would have bought one less day of admission (unless you have an AP) and just used that day as a relaxing morning. Sleep in, maybe go to breakfast somewhere. I would have planned to be in the MK a little after 4.

We don't have kids but what you have described is what we do when we attend the Halloween party (we haven't attended MVMCP in a while). We have a relaxing morning, spend some time at the pool then shower and head for the MK aiming to get there by 4pm.

Once inside the MK, we go to a CS restaurant for a quick early dinner and then go ride as many rides as possible, easy to do because the lines always seem to be short at that time. We often have all of our "must do" rides done before the party starts at 7pm. I should add that we always attend MVMCP or MNSSHP mid-week so it will probably be busier if you go on a weekend night.

We also plan a lazy morning for the following day but then we were never park commandos even before becoming DVC members.