The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   UK Trip Planning Forum (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   GF Spa (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3022237)

Elise79 11-16-2012 11:27 AM

GF Spa
 
As the new spa is opening at the GF on 17 December I decided I would book DD & Me our pre-Xmas manicure there instead of the SS spa.

Called up and got DDs 'Magical Manicure' booked no problem then tried to book mine and well it was :headache:. I just want a plain manicure no gels, no French tips etc well she couldn't find it on the system. She has apparently booked the time and they are going to call back to confirm the treatment.

I don't know whether to leave it or book at SS - at least I know that I will get what I want at SS but going to the new spa would be nice too :confused:

dixonsontour 11-16-2012 04:52 PM

Maybe call again another day and get a different cm?

They must do normal manicures.

The magical manicure sounds fun - is it just a normal manicure for little girls?

Elise79 11-17-2012 03:56 AM

I did get an email last night from the spa manager so hopefully it will all get sorted.

The issue is they only opened bookings on Thursday and Disney have taken the spa back in house (with the rest to follow in January) so it's a new system, new menu of treatments etc and we all know how good Disney are with new IT projects!

The magical manicure is a child manicure in a special children's area - DD loved going to the SS spa in June so looking forward to trying the GF.

RDP 11-17-2012 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elise79 (Post 46724024)
As the new spa is opening at the GF on 17 December I decided I would book DD & Me our pre-Xmas manicure there instead of the SS spa.

Called up and got DDs 'Magical Manicure' booked no problem then tried to book mine and well it was :headache:. I just want a plain manicure no gels, no French tips etc well she couldn't find it on the system. She has apparently booked the time and they are going to call back to confirm the treatment.

I don't know whether to leave it or book at SS - at least I know that I will get what I want at SS but going to the new spa would be nice too :confused:

Spa looks like its going to be top notch! How far in advance do they take bookings? Already thinking about booking for next Augusts trip.

tinks_1989 11-18-2012 11:35 AM

I am so excited the spa will be open for our trip next year. DH is treating me to a spa treatment as he is treating himself to golf for the day. I didn't think GF would be open in time and had been looking at SSR but now I am so excited to go to a brand new spa :D

uknewbie 11-20-2012 04:52 AM

Did they give you a price for the child manicure? Thanks :rotfl2:

uknewbie 11-20-2012 04:53 AM

Wasn't supposed to put the laughing man!

bazzanoid 11-20-2012 05:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by uknewbie (Post 46750239)
Wasn't supposed to put the laughing man!

Have you ever been given a manicure by a child? it's no laughing matter...

:lmao:

DisneyRunnerChick 11-20-2012 06:20 AM

I called and booked our post marathon massages and was shocked when they didn't ask for a credit card. We'd had services at SS before and that required a card, and the CM who booked my GF appointment even told me they'd charge me if I didn't cancel in time, but when I asked her if they needed my card, she said no. We got a confirmation e-mail, or I'd be freaking out.

From what I've heard, the new spa booking system is eventually going to be like dining, with a transition to online capabilities. My friend was told by GF staff that for now they gave some dining reservation CMs a day of training and put them in charge of manning the phones. Don't try and get any questions answered about services until the spa actually opens because the phone operators right now don't know!

Elise79 11-21-2012 01:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by uknewbie (Post 46750238)
Did they give you a price for the child manicure? Thanks :rotfl2:

It's 25 minutes long however I didn't make a note of the price. The adult manicure is 50 mins and $45.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DisneyRunnerChick (Post 46750503)
I called and booked our post marathon massages and was shocked when they didn't ask for a credit card. We'd had services at SS before and that required a card, and the CM who booked my GF appointment even told me they'd charge me if I didn't cancel in time, but when I asked her if they needed my card, she said no. We got a confirmation e-mail, or I'd be freaking out.

From what I've heard, the new spa booking system is eventually going to be like dining, with a transition to online capabilities. My friend was told by GF staff that for now they gave some dining reservation CMs a day of training and put them in charge of manning the phones. Don't try and get any questions answered about services until the spa actually opens because the phone operators right now don't know!

She told me about a 4 hour cancellation policy after I had my confirmation number however with no card taken I am not sure how it works :confused3

Mrs Doubtfire 11-22-2012 01:25 PM

The spa looks lovely - are the treatments/prices that are available posted yet?

DisneyRunnerChick 11-26-2012 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mrs Doubtfire
The spa looks lovely - are the treatments/prices that are available posted yet?

I haven't been able to find them yet; however, they seem very similar to the ones at SS, so you may want to look there for a general idea.

Mrs Doubtfire 11-26-2012 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DisneyRunnerChick (Post 46789723)
I haven't been able to find them yet; however, they seem very similar to the ones at SS, so you may want to look there for a general idea.

Good idea - thanks :goodvibes

littleolliesmom 11-29-2012 08:56 PM

I recently got hired as a massage therapist for the new spa. I've been in training for the past week. Let me tell you...the spa is gorgeous!!! The experience you will receive will be amazing. Nothing like you have had before. They've been telling us a lot about how guest experiences will be and how personalized and special the treatments are. I can't give any details but you will not be disappointed. Start booking now or you'll be sorry. :)

smileyk8 12-01-2012 04:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by littleolliesmom
I recently got hired as a massage therapist for the new spa. I've been in training for the past week. Let me tell you...the spa is gorgeous!!! The experience you will receive will be amazing. Nothing like you have had before. They've been telling us a lot about how guest experiences will be and how personalized and special the treatments are. I can't give any details but you will not be disappointed. Start booking now or you'll be sorry. :)

Congratulations on your new job, you sound so wonderfully enthusiastic too. Just what they need! Hope the launch goes really well!


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:23 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.