The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Resorts (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   GF or BC CL (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3022209)

Nurse_Mommy4 11-16-2012 10:31 AM

GF or BC CL
 
Hello,:goodvibes

I am taking my youngest DD15 on a mother/daughter trip next year and I want to surprise her with a deluxe resort.:cool1:

POR is our "home" resort and we absolutely adore it. We love the proximaty to DTD, the foodcourt and the overall feel of POR. That being said my daughter's "dream" resort is GF (in fact she plans on getting married there:rolleyes1). Her favorite Epcot area resort is BC. Our two favorite parks are MK and Epcot.

We will not be doing the ddp since it is only the two of us and I will pay oop for meals.

I have narrowed my choices down to GF GV (monorail, close to MK, my daughter would love it) or BC CL (close to Epcot, try out CL, my daughter's pick of the Epcot resorts).

We have never experienced CL at WDW but have in the "real world". I have heard it is somewhat of a "let down", but since BC is cheaper than GF I am considering it.

So what do you guys think?:confused3

elaw 11-16-2012 10:33 AM

How long is your trip? Have you ever considered a split stay between the two?

Nurse_Mommy4 11-16-2012 11:42 AM

Our trip is for one week. I thought about doing a split stay but I really like to unpack and settle in and I don't feel that a week is long enough to split.

Pakey 11-16-2012 12:00 PM

WDW CL is a let down and BC CL is the worst of all I have tried at WDW. However, BC location cannot be beat and honestly, I would not stay at GF if I couldn't stay RPC CL in the main building. I've tried the outer building, the Sugarloaf CL and I just didn't care for it. If I'm going to spend that much, I want to spend a little more and stay in the main building.

Nurse_Mommy4 11-16-2012 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pakey (Post 46724288)
WDW CL is a let down and BC CL is the worst of all I have tried at WDW. However, BC location cannot be beat and honestly, I would not stay at GF if I couldn't stay RPC CL in the main building. I've tried the outer building, the Sugarloaf CL and I just didn't care for it. If I'm going to spend that much, I want to spend a little more and stay in the main building.

Interesting..... So what was it about the outer building at GF that you didn't like?
I have heard the same about BC CL. That's a shame. I do like the location of the resort though.

heidijanesmith 11-16-2012 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nurse_Mommy4 (Post 46723525)
Hello,:goodvibes

I am taking my youngest DD15 on a mother/daughter trip next year and I want to surprise her with a deluxe resort.:cool1:

POR is our "home" resort and we absolutely adore it. We love the proximaty to DTD, the foodcourt and the overall feel of POR. That being said my daughter's "dream" resort is GF (in fact she plans on getting married there:rolleyes1). Her favorite Epcot area resort is BC. Our two favorite parks are MK and Epcot.

We will not be doing the ddp since it is only the two of us and I will pay oop for meals.

I have narrowed my choices down to GF GV (monorail, close to MK, my daughter would love it) or BC CL (close to Epcot, try out CL, my daughter's pick of the Epcot resorts).

We have never experienced CL at WDW but have in the "real world". I have heard it is somewhat of a "let down", but since BC is cheaper than GF I am considering it.

So what do you guys think?:confused3

I love the monorail resorts, so easy to get to MK. EPCOT resorts, not so easy to get to MK. We stayed at YC and the MK bus shared with BC, Swan, Dolphin and the Boardwalk before heading to MK. It took us about an hour to get to MK from YC....

Walking to IG at EPCOT from BC is so easy and quick. Takes 5min and is a lovely walk.

For us the EPCOT resorts are a mixed review as the transportation to AK, DTD, waterparks and MK is really awful. We used a cab several times this last trip. We loved staying at the Poly and taking the monorail to MK and EPCOT. I would choose GF as I like the location/proximity to MK. We found the MK resort buses to be much quicker when sharing and also seemed to come more often.

Nurse_Mommy4 11-16-2012 12:50 PM

I have always wondered why so many deluxe resorts share busses. Is it because they have alternative modes of transportation to some parks? :confused3

Anyway, Thanks for the replies! I guess if deciding which deluxe to take my daughter to is my only problem today I am blessed!:goodvibes

elaw 11-16-2012 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nurse_Mommy4 (Post 46724380)
Interesting..... So what was it about the outer building at GF that you didn't like?.

Sugarloaf's CL (Outer Building) is located on the ground floor and there aren't really any window views at any of the tables. I did not like it at all. On the other hand ... RPC (Main Building) is pretty spectacular and has myriad views of the main lobby area in addition
to the resort grounds.


Quote:

Originally Posted by Pakey (Post 46724288)
WDW CL is a let down and BC CL is the worst of all I have tried at WDW. However, BC location cannot be beat and honestly, I would not stay at GF if I couldn't stay RPC CL in the main building. I've tried the outer building, the Sugarloaf CL and I just didn't care for it. If I'm going to spend that much, I want to spend a little more and stay in the main building.

I agree 100% about Sugarloaf vs RPC but I actually really like the BC CL :confused3

Nurse_Mommy4 11-16-2012 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elaw (Post 46724894)
BTW ... I really like the BC CL :confused3

You did? What was your experience like? I have no 1st hand knowledge of BC CL.

elaw 11-16-2012 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nurse_Mommy4 (Post 46724968)
You did? What was your experience like? I have no 1st hand knowledge of BC CL.

I've stayed at almost all of the WDW CL's and from my experience, all of the CL's have similar offerings (the differences are mostly the evening appetizers different depending on the resorts theme (e.g AKL may have african inspired offerings)
.... The main difference is the CL Lounge size, layout and views. BC's (and YC's) is on the smaller side, there isn't much of a view but it was pleasant as was the staff. I'm pretty easy to please though.

scottmel 11-17-2012 07:38 AM

I have stayed at YC CL, BWI CL and BC CL. BC CL was a disappointment. We love storm along bay pool so we tend to stay YC but the best club level of the three is BWI. BIG lounge and just feels more upscale than the other two lounges. YC is very nice but BC CL very small, crowded, nothing special. But I do enjoy BC as a resort and YC as a resort so they win for me over BWI b/c of the pool!!! And the view at BWI CL are GREAT! Whereas the BC CL views are priced according to tiers - bw or garden and both are lovely. Whereas BC is standard which is awful, garden which is lovely and water which is expensive. BWI does not do that. One price for BWI CL.

I think there are 5 rooms at BC CL that are garden view and they are hard to get. BUT ALL in this category have a balcony. Not true for BC CL SV or BC CL WV....


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:11 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.