The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   disABILITIES! (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Project Lifesaver at WDW? (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3022002)

Mike Bartenhagen 11-15-2012 06:49 PM

Project Lifesaver at WDW?
 
Is anyone familiar with Project Lifesaver and their abilities at WDW? Our son is 10 but functions at about 12 months. He walks and has no concept of safety so he would wonder off if given the chance. As part of Project Life Saver he wears a device on his leg that gives off a radio signal so if he became lost our local law enforcement could locate him. We are off to WDW next week and I have looked at the Project Lifesaver Website and it appears that the two agencies in the area that participate in the project are Seminole Sheriff and Brevard County. Would either of those be close to WDW?

disney david 11-15-2012 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike Bartenhagen
Is anyone familiar with Project Lifesaver and their abilities at WDW? Our son is 10 but functions at about 12 months. He walks and has no concept of safety so he would wonder off if given the chance. As part of Project Life Saver he wears a device on his leg that gives off a radio signal so if he became lost our local law enforcement could locate him. We are off to WDW next week and I have looked at the Project Lifesaver Website and it appears that the two agencies in the area that participate in the project are Seminole Sheriff and Brevard County. Would either of those be close to WDW?

No the closet is Orange County sheriff Seminole county sheriff is by it Sanford is in that county. Brevard county sheriff is south Florida which includes Miami so they won't be able to help. Their an ocso deputy at each park plus Disney security and Disney cms so if he becomes lost their be plenty of people who will be their to help.

Mike Bartenhagen 11-15-2012 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by disney david (Post 46718664)
No the closet is Orange County sheriff Seminole county sheriff is by it Sanford is in that county. Brevard county sheriff is south Florida which includes Miami so they won't be able to help. Their an ocso deputy at each park plus Disney security and Disney cms so if he becomes lost their be plenty of people who will be their to help.

Thanks for the reply, I understand that there would be many people to help if he became lost but what I was specifically wondering was about law enforcement that participated in the Project Lifesaver program and therefore would have the specific equipment needed to help locate him. It shoulnd like Brevard County is quite a ways away but Seminole may be somewhat close.

disney david 11-15-2012 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike Bartenhagen

Thanks for the reply, I understand that there would be many people to help if he became lost but what I was specifically wondering was about law enforcement that participated in the Project Lifesaver program and therefore would have the specific equipment needed to help locate him. It shoulnd like Brevard County is quite a ways away but Seminole may be somewhat close.

Yes if it something that ocso can call and they could call and have them track him but if it in their police cars which it sounds like it might it could be around half hour to forty five min for a cruiser to respond if they can. Just let the cms know and security and you could ask for a ocso deputy to respond and give them the info of his life saver so they could go forward.

livndisney 11-15-2012 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike Bartenhagen (Post 46718492)
Is anyone familiar with Project Lifesaver and their abilities at WDW? Our son is 10 but functions at about 12 months. He walks and has no concept of safety so he would wonder off if given the chance. As part of Project Life Saver he wears a device on his leg that gives off a radio signal so if he became lost our local law enforcement could locate him. We are off to WDW next week and I have looked at the Project Lifesaver Website and it appears that the two agencies in the area that participate in the project are Seminole Sheriff and Brevard County. Would either of those be close to WDW?

Seminole county is not far from WDW. Disney is in Osceola and Orange counties Seminole county is the next county after Orange. Seminole is about 30 minutes up I-4.

disney david 11-15-2012 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by livndisney

Seminole county is not far from WDW. Disney is in Osceola and Orange counties Seminole county is the next county after Orange. Seminole is about 30 minutes up I-4.

Thank you I was not to far off with 30-45 min away well hope you and your family have a happy thanksgiving and happy holidays.

livndisney 11-15-2012 08:16 PM

http://www.seminolesheriff.org/exter...spx?pageID=210

Talking Hands 11-15-2012 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by disney david (Post 46718664)
No the closet is Orange County sheriff Seminole county sheriff is by it Sanford is in that county. Brevard county sheriff is south Florida which includes Miami so they won't be able to help. Their an ocso deputy at each park plus Disney security and Disney cms so if he becomes lost their be plenty of people who will be their to help.

Brevard is not South Florida and it doesn't include Miami. Miami is in Miami-Dade County and the next county north is Broward and then Palm Beach. Brevard County is the Space and is east of Orlando.

disney david 11-15-2012 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Talking Hands

Brevard is not South Florida and it doesn't include Miami. Miami is in Miami-Dade County and the next county north is Broward and then Palm Beach. Brevard County is the Space and is east of Orlando.

Thanks sorry I thought I was wrong I was thinking about the tv show and for some reason and got all mixed up but still not that close to Disney to be able to help.

disney david 11-16-2012 05:46 AM

Op I am sorry I got te county mixed up talking hands is right. I don't know why I thought Miami was in that county but u was thinking about te tv show and that why I said it was in south Florida hope it did not cause you any problems with tour planing . Just know that ocso will be their if you need and will do what ever they need to do to help. Maybe you could write ocso and suggest they start to participate in the program for the future.

Cheshire Figment 11-16-2012 07:39 AM

The "problem" is that basically WDW is the Southwest corner of Orange County (ad a little bit of the Northwest portion of Osceola County.

Going up I-4 the closest portion of Seminole County is more than 30 miles from WDW, and following the Beach Line the closest point of Brevard County is more than 50 miles from WDW.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:48 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.