The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disneyland Paris Trip Planning & Community Board (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=77)
-   -   st patricks day (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3021923)

freddythebear 11-15-2012 04:42 PM

st patricks day

Hi,

Can anyone tell me what goes on on st Patrick's day? I have booked a cheap sun ticket for the following day (a monday) but I'm now wondering if I should try and get one for the Sunday too, however it is much more expensive! Will it be horribly busy?

Freddy

jillrobinson 11-16-2012 12:55 AM

There isn't anything on the official DLP website yet but this gives you an idea
http://www.travelempire.co.uk/disney...icks_day.phtml
For me the highlight of the day will be the fireworks, they're a rare occurence at DLP outside Summer season, the park will be very busy that day though.

freddythebear 11-16-2012 03:14 AM

Thanks that is really helpful. We are on quite a budget but it sounds like we might still be able to enjoy things that are going on in the village, as we will be staying on site for two nights and hoping to arrive by lunchtime on the Sunday.

Would we not still be able to see the fireworks from outside? I suppose we wouldn't see them against the beautiful backdrop of the castle.

I am still thinking of getting an extra ticket but maybe for the Tuesday, that way there will be things to do for all of the three days we are there.

Freddy

HappyPanda 11-16-2012 03:48 AM

Ooooh didn't realise our trip coincided with the St. Patricks Day celebration. We arrive on the Sunday so will be there for the fireworks! :thumbsup2 Just hope the rest of our trip is too busy, we book our March trip every year as it's normally quite quiet!

freddythebear 11-16-2012 04:02 AM

Hi happy panda :goodvibes

Well the schools go back on the 18th so I'm hoping it will be quiet too! What has the weather been like in previous years?

Freddy

DLPdaft 11-16-2012 04:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jillrobinson (Post 46720368)
For me the highlight of the day will be the fireworks, they're a rare occurence at DLP outside Summer season, the park will be very busy that day though.

I was at DLP for St Patricks Day and the fireworks in 2011 - and having seen Dreams, the fireworks for St Patricks Day over the castle are nowhere near as impressive as Dreams is :goodvibes. Its nice to see them if you have a trip booked anyway, but personally I wouldn't pay for an extra day's park ticket to see them.

Isila 11-16-2012 05:31 AM

we were in DLP on St.Patricks daythis year. wouldn't bother go again. Even avoid it. Nothing much special, crowds everywhere... I admit, I was disappointed. Next year we are going after this day.

HappyPanda 11-16-2012 08:24 AM

:)
Quote:

Originally Posted by freddythebear (Post 46720847)

Well the schools go back on the 18th so I'm hoping it will be quiet too! What has the weather been like in previous years?

Freddy

We had GORGEOUS weather last year, were out in t-shirts all day, everyday! Don't think we'll be as lucky to have that again this year.. but you never know! :)

jillrobinson 11-16-2012 08:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DLPdaft (Post 46720876)
I was at DLP for St Patricks Day and the fireworks in 2011 - and having seen Dreams, the fireworks for St Patricks Day over the castle are nowhere near as impressive as Dreams is :goodvibes. Its nice to see them if you have a trip booked anyway, but personally I wouldn't pay for an extra day's park ticket to see them.

Really ? oh that's a shame, our only experience of fireworks at DLP was at the 15th Anniversary press event and they were absolutley superb, in fact no display I've been to since has rivalled them in any way, kind of spoiled UK Bonfire night displays for me. lol.

It's the 1st time we've stayed for the 17th, usually fly home on the 16th sohave seen the start of things being set up but never the event itself, as it's my birthday I intend to enjoy every single minute of the day and evening :)

netimka 11-16-2012 09:31 AM

we are arriving on th 18th, so hopefully all the crawds will be gone by then...

Isila, HappyPanda and freddythebear :wave2: might see you in the magic:goodvibes

freddythebear 11-16-2012 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by netimka (Post 46722358)
we are arriving on th 18th, so hopefully all the crawds will be gone by then...

Isila, HappyPanda and freddythebear :wave2: might see you in the magic:goodvibes

Yes I have just booked the Cheyenne, very excited!

Jill you will have a fantastic day, fireworks on your birthday, imagine!

See you all there then

Freddy

lush 11-16-2012 04:18 PM

Quote:

Freddy

Hi, can I ask what schools? I didn't think the English holidays would be until the end of the month with Easter? Is it the French schools?

Carrie_Cat 11-16-2012 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lush (Post 46726487)
Hi, can I ask what schools? I didn't think the English holidays would be until the end of the month with Easter? Is it the French schools?

French schools are off across 3 zones from the 16th Feb-18th March with the Paris and region zone off from the 2nd-18th March so it will be busy :)

jillrobinson 11-17-2012 05:08 AM

Quote:

What has the weather been like in previous years?

Freddy

We've been several times in March and had everything from snow in 2004 to dry and really warm in 2009. I usually plan for it to be dry, sunny but quite cold. :)

NPB 11-17-2012 04:10 PM

We arrive on the 16th - staying in Cheyenne!
Must defo do EMH on 17th so if it is that busy!
Starting to get excited!!
So many of us there then!