The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Cruise Line Forum (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Online Check-In For Dummies (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3021881)

Gina 11-15-2012 02:01 PM

Online Check-In For Dummies
 
Hopefully I'm not a total dummy... lol.. And I know this has been brought up a gabillion times... But I am kinda confused. All this online check in stuff was completely different last time we were in on DCL.

It says I can begin check-in on 11/17. All I care about is having the earliest possible port arrival time, and getting on the earliest possible bus to WDW on our Disney day. I'm in the Central time zone. What time do I need to do what on late Friday/early Saturday?

Thanks so much! :flower3:

PrincessShmoo 11-15-2012 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gina (Post 46716010)
Hopefully I'm not a total dummy... lol.. And I know this has been brought up a gabillion times... But I am kinda confused. All this online check in stuff was completely different last time we were in on DCL.

It says I can begin check-in on 11/17. All I care about is having the earliest possible port arrival time, and getting on the earliest possible bus to WDW on our Disney day. I'm in the Central time zone. What time do I need to do what on late Friday/early Saturday?

Thanks so much! :flower3:

The day your window opens at midnight Eastern time you can book excursions/adult dining/spa/nursery/cabanas/wdw bus times. Online checkin begins at 3:00 am the same morning (that's where the Port Arrival Time is).

All this is dependant on whether the DCL website is being cooperative or not. Some people have reported not being able to access their reservations until later in the morning.

One note, you must log into the site AFTER midnight. If you are already logged in, hitting "refresh" won't work, the website still thinks it's whatever time/date it was when you logged in.

:cutie:

Gina 11-15-2012 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PrincessShmoo (Post 46716253)
The day your window opens at midnight Eastern time you can book excursions/adult dining/spa/nursery/cabanas/wdw bus times. Online checkin begins at 3:00 am the same morning (that's where the Port Arrival Time is).

All this is dependant on whether the DCL website is being cooperative or not. Some people have reported not being able to access their reservations until later in the morning.

One note, you must log into the site AFTER midnight. If you are already logged in, hitting "refresh" won't work, the website still thinks it's whatever time/date it was when you logged in.

:cutie:


Exactly what I needed!! Thanks! :hug:

TJDisneymama 11-15-2012 08:37 PM

and another dummy question -- what exactly comes up, different check in times and you just select whichever one you want? But then I've read numerous times on here that it doesn't even matter what your check in time is.......:confused3

RedxPanda 11-16-2012 06:18 AM

It is tied to your boarding number. If you plan on trying to board the ship as early as possible, an earlier time will help you beat more of the early crowd on board.

If you are arriving later in the afternoon, it most likely doesn't matter much because it will be open boarding.

PrincessShmoo 11-16-2012 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TJDisneymama (Post 46719213)
and another dummy question -- what exactly comes up, different check in times and you just select whichever one you want? But then I've read numerous times on here that it doesn't even matter what your check in time is.......:confused3

When you are doing your online checkin, one of the pages is the Port Arrival Time. There are several different options listed: 11:00-11:30; 11:30-12:00; 12:00-12:30; etc. Any that are greyed out are full. You must select a PAT in order to complete your online checkin.

The PAT is moot if you are using DCL transfers. If you use the transfers, you will enter the terminal when the bus gets there, regardless of the PAT you selected. That's one of the perks.

:cutie:

TJDisneymama 11-16-2012 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PrincessShmoo (Post 46723766)
When you are doing your online checkin, one of the pages is the Port Arrival Time. There are several different options listed: 11:00-11:30; 11:30-12:00; 12:00-12:30; etc. Any that are greyed out are full. You must select a PAT in order to complete your online checkin.

The PAT is moot if you are using DCL transfers. If you use the transfers, you will enter the terminal when the bus gets there, regardless of the PAT you selected. That's one of the perks.

:cutie:

ok, got it. But that's not really a perk if you want to arrive early and instead have to depend on DCL to get you there. And from what I've read, they (the buses coming from the resorts) don't usually get to the port very early after having to pick up at several resorts.

chemnerd09 11-16-2012 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PrincessShmoo (Post 46723766)
When you are doing your online checkin, one of the pages is the Port Arrival Time. There are several different options listed: 11:00-11:30; 11:30-12:00; 12:00-12:30; etc. Any that are greyed out are full. You must select a PAT in order to complete your online checkin.

The PAT is moot if you are using DCL transfers. If you use the transfers, you will enter the terminal when the bus gets there, regardless of the PAT you selected. That's one of the perks.

:cutie:

This is going to be a dumb question, but do you still pick a PAT if you are using DCL transfers since you said earlier about needing to choose a PAT to complete the check-in? Is it one of those pick any of the times just to pick one since it won't matter once you get there?

PrincessShmoo 11-16-2012 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chemnerd09 (Post 46726615)
This is going to be a dumb question, but do you still pick a PAT if you are using DCL transfers since you said earlier about needing to choose a PAT to complete the check-in? Is it one of those pick any of the times just to pick one since it won't matter once you get there?

Yes, you must select a PAT in order to complete the online checkin. Pick any time you wish, as it won't matter what it is if your arriving at the terminal via DCL transfers. I would point out that you might consider selecting a later time, leaving the earlier times available for those to whom it matters.

:cutie:

PrincessShmoo 11-16-2012 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TJDisneymama (Post 46726186)
ok, got it. But that's not really a perk if you want to arrive early and instead have to depend on DCL to get you there. And from what I've read, they (the buses coming from the resorts) don't usually get to the port very early after having to pick up at several resorts.

Well, it's a perk if you wind up having to select a late PAT because all the early ones are taken. Generally the DCL transfers from WDW arrive about 12:30-1:00. Although it could be later. For some people that's early enough, especially on vacation, as they don't really want to be up with the sun rises. :goodvibes

:cutie:

TJDisneymama 11-16-2012 05:04 PM

Ha! We're up at 5 am, vacation or not, lol. So we"ll be anxious to board as soon as we can.

Sent from my SCH-I405 using DISBoards

chemnerd09 11-16-2012 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PrincessShmoo (Post 46727149)
Yes, you must select a PAT in order to complete the online checkin. Pick any time you wish, as it won't matter what it is if your arriving at the terminal via DCL transfers. I would point out that you might consider selecting a later time, leaving the earlier times available for those to whom it matters.

:cutie:

Thanks for the advice. We will probably pick whatever is late afternoon. Does your online check-in depend on your cruising status like first time and if you are staying concierge?

PrincessShmoo 11-16-2012 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chemnerd09 (Post 46727473)
Thanks for the advice. We will probably pick whatever is late afternoon. Does your online check-in depend on your cruising status like first time and if you are staying concierge?

Your online checkin window opens the same day as your excursion booking window:

Concierge/Platinum CC member - 120 days out
Gold CC member - 105 days out
Silver CC member - 90 days out
First time cruiser - 75 days out.

:cutie:

chemnerd09 11-16-2012 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PrincessShmoo (Post 46727495)
Your online checkin window opens the same day as your excursion booking window:

Concierge/Platinum CC member - 120 days out
Gold CC member - 105 days out
Silver CC member - 90 days out
First time cruiser - 75 days out.

:cutie:

If you are a first time cruiser but are staying concierge which window would you have? Sorry for all the questions, but this will be our first cruise and I want to get all the info before we actually start doing this.

PrincessShmoo 11-16-2012 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PrincessShmoo (Post 46727495)
Your online checkin window opens the same day as your excursion booking window:

Concierge/Platinum CC member - 120 days out
Gold CC member - 105 days out
Silver CC member - 90 days out
First time cruiser - 75 days out.

:cutie:

Quote:

Originally Posted by chemnerd09 (Post 46727826)
If you are a first time cruiser but are staying concierge which window would you have? Sorry for all the questions, but this will be our first cruise and I want to get all the info before we actually start doing this.

Concierge and Platinum CC members both have 120 day window.

:cutie:


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:47 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.