The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Restaurants (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Best breakfast or lunch options (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3021820)

MomtoGKC 11-15-2012 11:50 AM

Best breakfast or lunch options

We are going to have a slow morning on the night we are going to MVMCP so I am looking for a great breakfast or lunch. The problem is that this is kind of a last minute trip so we don't have too many choices.

We are staying at Wilderness Lodge and have never eaten at WC - should we try breakfast or lunch there? I think the kids would like the atmosphere if they are doing the fun stuff we read about.

What about Boma - is it worth driving over there to try it? I've been there for dinner.

Any other ideas in case I find openings as I check in the next few weeks? My mom LOVES Crystal Palace but of course it is booked. I also don't know if I want to deal with going to MK since we will be going there later.

Thanks!

figment_jii 11-15-2012 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MomtoGKC
What about Boma - is it worth driving over there to try it? I've been there for dinner.

Boma is one of my favorite breakfast places at WDW. They have a few African-influenced items and then a lot of the traditional American options as well. My family makes a point of driving there for breakfast at least once.

Masonmj84 11-15-2012 04:00 PM

The great thing about a slow day is that you can go almost anywhere.

I really like your Boma idea (nice for a good late breakfast/brunch with tons of variety and great selections that should keep everyone feeling full for the better part of the day).

Some other ideas to consider for a very low key breakfast or lunch (these restaurants get mostly positive reviews, are not outrageously expensive (for Disney) and getting an ADR shouldn't be a problem):

Kona Cafe
Grand Floridian Cafe

And if you'd like to see characters:

Cape May Cafe (relatively low key compared to other character breakfasts and the food and selection are quite good IMO)

wiigirl 11-15-2012 04:08 PM

I would highly recommend Kona :thumbsup2

Kae 11-15-2012 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Masonmj84 (Post 46717211)
The great thing about a slow day is that you can go almost anywhere.

I really like your Boma idea (nice for a good late breakfast/brunch with tons of variety and great selections that should keep everyone feeling full for the better part of the day).

Some other ideas to consider for a very low key breakfast or lunch (these restaurants get mostly positive reviews, are not outrageously expensive (for Disney) and getting an ADR shouldn't be a problem):

Kona Cafe
Grand Floridian Cafe

And if you'd like to see characters:

Cape May Cafe (relatively low key compared to other character breakfasts and the food and selection are quite good IMO)

I agree with the above. Also think about some CS options. At Epcot you can snack around the WS.

Kae

amym2 11-15-2012 07:07 PM

We had breakfast at Boma last month... YUM! We're going to have a tough time deciding whether to go there for breakfast or dinner on future trips (we loved Boma's dinner when we ate there 2 years ago).

We also really enjoyed Cape May for breakfast last year.

Have only done WCC for dinner, and from what I have read, you don't get the same antics (at least not as much) for breakfast. But since you are staying at WL, I'd say give it a try.