The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Universal Orlando Resorts & Hotels (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=75)
-   -   royal pacific or hard rock??? (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3021668)

ilanakan 11-15-2012 12:39 AM

royal pacific or hard rock???

For a family of 5, 2 adults, dd 17, dd 12 and dd 6, which hotel is more suitable? At club level which is best?

gschmerl 11-15-2012 08:17 AM

If you are all planning on staying in one room, the Hard Rock rooms are bigger than the RPR.

CinderellaDreamer 11-15-2012 09:37 AM

I think based on the ages of your children, they would like HRH better.

tchrchgo 11-15-2012 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gschmerl (Post 46713322)
If you are all planning on staying in one room, the Hard Rock rooms are bigger than the RPR.

I think the standard rooms would be plenty big for the five of you, but you'd need a rollaway

bumbershoot 11-15-2012 04:01 PM

In case swimming is part of your decision, Universal resort guests are encouraged to pool hop. So don't make a hotel decision based on the pool.

wiigirl 11-15-2012 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CinderellaDreamer (Post 46714002)
I think based on the ages of your children, they would like HRH better.

Me too....:thumbsup2

ladeedeb 11-15-2012 08:54 PM

Probably HRH

I agree with the others, based on ages of kids and size of room, HRH is probably the better choice for you. We have stayed at both. While I prefer the Royal Pacific setting, I do also like Hard Rock. We were able to get a deluxe at HRH which gave us a lot more room, but even the regular rooms are bigger than those at RPR. Also, my DS & his friend really liked HRH a lot, and the walk to the parks was great. Never walked from RPR, just took the boat, which was also nice. We haven't done club, so can't help you there. I believe that you can request a deluxe room with CL, but no guarantee that you will get one. If you reserve a deluxe specifically, it will not be CL.

If you are driving bring a blow up bed, then you won't need a roll away. Even at RPR you can move the furniture around and fit a blow up bed or roll away, but it is tight. You will have fun which ever you decide. :thumbsup2

keishashadow 11-16-2012 07:43 AM

The poolscape is a big factor in my decision for any resort hotel:). You can pool hop (and we've been forced to when base hotel is out of service several times at RPR) but between the boats & shuttle service it burns more time than we are willing to commit to a short break from the park.

HRH has been off our list since it quit participating in the youfirst perc program. My teen sons absolutely loved the vibe. DH & I enjoyed the displays of memorabilia, the easy walk and the pool area. My only quibble is the staff's attitude has often been a bit too laid back/casual for what I expect at a deluxe resort in the attempt to appeal to hipsters;)

OP - you really can't go wrong with any of the three onsite choices:thumbsup2, they are true deluxe resorts and we try to work in a split stay there whenever we spend a week in the Orlando area.