The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   DVC-Mousecellaneous (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=119)
-   -   GFV Models?? (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3021362)

thebigman65 11-14-2012 11:12 AM

GFV Models??

I read somewhere on the DIS a couple weeks back that the models for GFV would be open as of Nov 4.....does anyone know if they are indeed open?

erionm 11-14-2012 11:26 AM

I have never seen a date posted for any models rooms for the Grand Floridian.

thebigman65 11-14-2012 11:55 AM

I should clarify....at the presentation centre (SSR)

erionm 11-14-2012 12:03 PM

The resort name in my post was not to imply location of the model rooms.

DebbieB 11-14-2012 01:02 PM

The was a rumor posted that a guide said the model would be opening in November but I don't think there was any official confirmation. It would surprise me that they would open them before they are ready to sell, have points charts available, etc.

http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3005558

dvcterry 11-14-2012 01:07 PM

No that was just a rumor. I'm sure they would have sent current members a promotional email or material if it was open for viewing.

disneynutz 11-15-2012 10:22 AM

I'm sure that Florida Time Share law dictates when they are allowed to market the new resort.

Disney doesn't want to waste their time showing a new property if you can't buy it. Most will tour the room and buy right then while they are excited after their viewing.

:earsboy: Bill

DisneyMomJen 11-16-2012 05:30 AM

I talked to our Sales Guide this week to see if the GFV model room is available to preview since we are arriving this Saturday. It is not. They do not know when it will be available or when points are going to be sold. I also asked if the purchase discounts will be better on a cruise. She said no, that the new DVC Head, Claire, is trying to make all incentives or discounts even now. I was really hoping we could preview while we were there this trip!

LadyTrampScamp&Angel 11-16-2012 07:05 AM

No, there were not as of about 10 days ago when I was in the preview center. Said they only had Aulani and AKV to show.

AlohaAnnie 11-16-2012 07:09 AM

Can't wait to see a model.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Jousey 11-17-2012 04:20 AM

Well I am looking forward to maybe seeing the mock up come march, what I really want to see is we're the next resort maybe. If the do a Polynesian DVC I k ow we will be adding points and a very good chance DM will as well.

RDP 11-18-2012 03:58 PM

Spoke to a sales representative last week who said it was planned for completion by the end of 2013. How long before build complete did they start selling other properties??

tjkraz 11-20-2012 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RDP (Post 46739199)
Spoke to a sales representative last week who said it was planned for completion by the end of 2013. How long before build complete did they start selling other properties??

Approximately 10-14 before opening was the pattern with the last few resort debuts.

However DVC was under different management last time they began sales on a new location. Past practices may give no indication of how VGF will be handled.

lilpooh108 11-20-2012 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DisneyMomJen (Post 46721052)
I talked to our Sales Guide this week to see if the GFV model room is available to preview since we are arriving this Saturday. It is not. They do not know when it will be available or when points are going to be sold. I also asked if the purchase discounts will be better on a cruise. She said no, that the new DVC Head, Claire, is trying to make all incentives or discounts even now. I was really hoping we could preview while we were there this trip!

I hope the cruise thing isn't true. The higher incentives on the cruise makes it worthwhile to waste valuable cruise time to hear the pitch. If its all the same I'd rather be having chocolate eclairs and an espresso at Cove cafe.

tjkraz 11-20-2012 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lilpooh108 (Post 46754870)
I hope the cruise thing isn't true. The higher incentives on the cruise makes it worthwhile to waste valuable cruise time to hear the pitch. If its all the same I'd rather be having chocolate eclairs and an espresso at Cove cafe.

Then skip it.

Questions regarding shipboard incentives come up enough to suggest that owners are deferring add-on purchases for weeks or months until a scheduled cruise occurs. I suspect DVC has lost sales by giving those people time to reconsider the add-on.

There's enough pricing confusion in the marketplace. It wouldn't surprise me a bit if DVC benefitted from standardized pricing. Nobody wants worry that there's a better deal if you just happen to know the right places to go and questions to ask.

DVC could offer some nice cash door prizes at the cruise gatherings and still keep attendance high, IMO. A lot of people will show up for the free booze alone.