The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   UK Trip Planning Forum (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   Just back - a few highs and lows (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3021250)

joolz1910 11-14-2012 08:30 AM

Just back - a few highs and lows

We got back on Tuesday morning from our amazing trip to WDW. I intend to do a trip report but thought I would share a few thoughts.

Highs
Eveything lol.
OKW - the resort was everything I had hoped for. It was pretty, quiet, clean and friendly. The one bed rooms are VAST! I was surprised at how much space we had. The superking bed was enormous. The pools were a huge hit with the kids.

The parks - so much to do, so little time to do it. I still feel like we only touched the surface.

The food - it was great to be able to order what we liked without worrying about the bill. We had some great meals and I will review all of them in my trip report.

Character interaction - no scrums like we have experienced at DLP.

BBB - DD (8) loved this despite initial reservations. DD (5) did NOT love it (more on that later)

Parties - it was great to experience both Christmas and Halloween parties.

Lows
No real lows. A couple of things that didn't go according to plan, but nothing that would take away from the enjoyment of the holiday.

Moving rooms - the walls are thin at OKW and we asked to move rooms to a top floor as the people above us were very early risers and very noisy.

MNSSHP - I loved this but the kids were too tired to really enjoy it and I don't feel that we got as much out of it as we could. I would do it again but preferably in the second week of the holiday.

Illness - DD (12) was very poorly on our second day and it affected her for the first week.

And finally...
A huge thank you to everyone on this forum who has patiently anwswered my inane questions since 2009. All of the planning came together in the end, and made this holiday a truly magical experience. :cloud9:

Pootle 11-14-2012 08:41 AM

Hello :wave2:

Like you I got back yesterday from OKW, and while I was only in a studio this time (I was with a friend and needed the 2 beds) I usually have a one bedroom with DH, and yes they are huge and I love them :goodvibes. Just wanted to say that I think the problem has been made slightly worse with the new laminate flooring in the living room. Previously it was carpet so you didn't get it quite so much IMO. These days we usually opt for an upper floor too.

Glad to read you had such a good time :thumbsup2

wayneg 11-14-2012 08:50 AM

I thought meeting me would be in your highs:rotfl2:

Glad it lived up to all expectations, look forward to helping you plan the next.:goodvibes

Pootle 11-14-2012 08:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wayneg (Post 46705010)

It was one of mine Wayne, just as I'm sure that my driving was one of yours ;)

wayneg 11-14-2012 09:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pootle (Post 46705051)
It was one of mine Wayne, just as I'm sure that my driving was one of yours ;)

:rotfl2: I am a terrible passenger., I am probably not a great driver myself(like most men just think I am) I just prefer to be in control.
It was a very enjoyable evening.:goodvibes

disneyholic family 11-14-2012 09:31 AM

welcome back!! glad to hear you had a lovely time!!!

joolz1910 11-14-2012 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wayneg (Post 46705010)

Glad it lived up to all expectations, look forward to helping you plan the next.:goodvibes

Oh, it was! lol. I will be posting the picture in the trip report.;)

Ciorsdah 11-14-2012 10:44 AM

Welcome home!! I'm really looking forward to your trip report :) xx

queendisney 11-14-2012 11:08 AM

Glad you had a wonderful time and welcome back.

Seeing as though you feel like you only touched on the parks then its time to start planning a return visit :rotfl:

Welcome to the WDW addicts club..:goodvibes

torsie24 11-14-2012 11:17 AM

So excited for your TR, and really pleased you loved WDW. :)

Wills Mom 11-14-2012 11:25 AM

Delighted to hear you had such an excellent time :goodvibes And as queendisney said welcome to the WDW Addicts Club ;) Cant wait for the TR!!

scottishgirl1 11-14-2012 01:31 PM

Welcome home, glad it went well after all the planning! Looking forward to the trip report:)

laura_<3 11-14-2012 01:57 PM

Welcome home! Sounds like you had a great time :goodvibes

dixonsontour 11-14-2012 01:59 PM

Welcome home :)

joolz1910 11-14-2012 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by queendisney (Post 46706164)
Glad you had a wonderful time and welcome back.

Seeing as though you feel like you only touched on the parks then its time to start planning a return visit :rotfl:

Welcome to the WDW addicts club..:goodvibes

I have already started saying, 'When we go again, I would like to...'
I think this is going to become a very expensive interest lol.;)