The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Cruise Line Forum (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Stocking Stuffer Ideas for Cruising?! (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3021210)

moore523 11-13-2012 11:57 PM

Stocking Stuffer Ideas for Cruising?!

My entire family (parents, sisters, husband, kiddos, etc) are all taking a Disney Cruise together in April. It will be everyone's FIRST time! :yay:

SO, for :santa:Christmas:santa:, I wanted to put together a Disney Cruise Gift Basket (per room) as a stocking stuffer. So think inexpensive items, lol!!

Here is what I have so far...
Suction Cup Hooks
Plastic Hanging Organizers for the bathroom
Collapsible Laundry Tote

Any other suggestions?! I'd love some ideas!!
Thanks!!

ravensilverlight 11-14-2012 12:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by moore523 (Post 46703844)
My entire family (parents, sisters, husband, kiddos, etc) are all taking a Disney Cruise together in April. It will be everyone's FIRST time! :yay:

SO, for :santa:Christmas:santa:, I wanted to put together a Disney Cruise Gift Basket (per room) as a stocking stuffer. So think inexpensive items, lol!!

Suction Cup Hooks
Collapsible Laundry Tote

Thanks!!

Clothespins (for hanging things on the line in the bathroom, AND for holding the curtain room divider closed!)
Deck of cards/travel friendly games (there are board games available on the ship, but as in any public setting, don't count on having all the pieces!)
door magnets
dry erase board with magnet on the back (some people put them on the outside of the door for messages; we always put them on the INSIDE and leave each other notes)
lanyards (as first time cruisers, you won't get one at check-in; you can find Disney lanyards online or at party stores and just pick up the card pockets at any office supply place)
highlighters (to mark activities in the navigator you'd like to do - we color code!)

zealandsmom 11-14-2012 12:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by moore523

Suction Cup Hooks
Collapsible Laundry Tote

Thanks!!

I brought magnet hooks and we loved it! All the walls are metal!! So we hung our lanyard, bathrobes etc.
Febreeze for bathroom?
Wrinkle release?
High liters?
Lanyard?

tinkerbell 766 11-14-2012 05:28 AM

Will be following this thread closely, as I was going to start a similar one. I always do little gift bags for the friends we travel to WDW with and give them to them on the first day. This trip we are taking our first cruise, so am in need of useful tips on what to put in said bags.
Keep the ideas coming!!!!

fredgirls 11-14-2012 07:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ravensilverlight (Post 46703940)
Clothespins (for hanging things on the line in the bathroom, AND for holding the curtain room divider closed!)
Deck of cards/travel friendly games (there are board games available on the ship, but as in any public setting, don't count on having all the pieces!)
door magnets
dry erase board with magnet on the back (some people put them on the outside of the door for messages; we always put them on the INSIDE and leave each other notes)
lanyards (as first time cruisers, you won't get one at check-in; you can find Disney lanyards online or at party stores and just pick up the card pockets at any office supply place)
highlighters (to mark activities in the navigator you'd like to do - we color code!)

These are all great! We used all of these. Especially loved the dry erase board for the door! And all available at the dollarstore :goodvibes

added:
We also bought some pins for the lanyard that they could trade with CMs onboard. Bought a 'lot' from ebay. Check who they are and make sure they are tradable, but a very reasonable gift. We even did some trading on Christmas day between us and it was very fun! :-)

added some more: (I can see this could continue for some time!)
What about flip flops for use on the decks?

jdb in AZ 11-14-2012 07:32 AM

Sunscreen

travel size toiletries

multi-plug (increases number of outlets for charging your electronic toys)

Mickey-shaped snacks

adnil530 11-14-2012 11:36 AM

I made a basket for friends once. I put:

Over the door shoe holder from Big Lots
Net laundry bag - $Tree
Travel size laundry soap/fabric softener sheets
Magnets for door
Pen/Highlighter and post its - $Tree
First aid kit - $Tree
Sewing kit - $Tree
Rolaids

I can't think of anything else I put in there but I like the clothes pins for a variety of reasons. You could decorate those real cute with a little paint - Red with black dots or Black with white/red dots. I also like the trading pins, lanyard and other ideas given.

tinkerbellerina 11-14-2012 11:46 AM

Sunscreen
bonine

fredgirls 11-14-2012 11:50 AM

What about printing a countdown calendar?
I gave the girls this on Christmas morning. But grown-ups might like them too:goodvibes

http://i1213.photobucket.com/albums/...g/Slide1-3.jpg

marciemouse 11-14-2012 12:08 PM

Air fresheners for the cabin bathrooms! I buy the ones for cars and hang them on the towel bar. A scent like "Ocean Breeze" or "Tropical" would be in keeping with the cruise theme, too.

DisSarahK 11-14-2012 01:55 PM

Put fun stuff in there for the kiddos! Hooks (for their hand) for pirate night--I bought them for my children on Amazon, Mickey Pez (they usually have them at Party City), and other fun stuff like that!

Oh and you can also buy Mickey shaped pump soap dispensers at Target--that might be fun, too! I actually brought those on the cruise with us when we went to Alaska (we drove to the port) to make it easier for my children to wash their hands. :)

nhgirl 11-14-2012 02:05 PM

Go get yourself some cheap sunglasses.

castmeaway 11-14-2012 02:25 PM

Travel size hand sanitizers for excursions
Individual packs of kleenix
Crystal Light individuals packs
Insulated plastic glass with lids and straw from the Dollar Store for drinks bumpy the pool
Crossword or suduko books from Dollar Store
Disney pen or pencil from Target
Hangover kit for adults - excedrin, pepto bismol, alka seltzer
Lip balm with sunscreen
Travel size aloe vera gel
inflatable noodle for CC
Candy for the movies
List with everyone's room number
Personalized Magnets for the doors

tikimimi 11-14-2012 05:55 PM

Of the things mentioned, try to get them as Disney themed as possible, even if that means you put stickers on things. ASide from what has been mentioned, get on the DISigners board and ask one of those very talented folks to make you customized designs for each person, so you can print them as magnets to put on the cabin door. It is fun and helps people identfy their cabins more easily. Personalized ones seem to get stolen less often. Are you doing fish extenders on the cruise???? You could make those and even put the goodies in them and hang where the stickings normally go.

BuffaloFan 11-15-2012 10:47 AM

You can order a free Disney Cruiseline DVD. I always order one each year.