The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Restaurants (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Looking for help with beer and wine flights (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3021196)

luvindisneyworld 11-13-2012 10:35 PM

Looking for help with beer and wine flights

We will be there from Nov 24-30 and we have decided that we would like try some beer and wine flights any suggestions?
I would love to hear all about them and any photos would be great....

Googilycub 11-14-2012 09:48 AM

I tried a few on our trip on June. Raglan road had a beer flight where you could choose from anything they had on tap (and they had lots of yummy choices). I had two flights, and got to try different beers on both (my hubby also really enjoyed all the options). I also had one at rose and crown. This one was 4 set beers, you did not get a choice. One of the ones they brought out was a hard cider, and the other 3 were beer. I didn't care for the cider, but I traded with my husband for one of his beer shots, so it worked out in the long run :). I love beer flights, and would live to hear about others offer on property too!

ktlm 11-14-2012 10:13 AM

I had a wine flight at Mama Melrose that I thought all of them were pretty good. I can't remember exactly which one it was, but I'm thinking Italian whites maybe?

Uncleromulus 11-14-2012 10:35 AM

Flying Fish has a # of excellent wine flights---

figment814 11-14-2012 10:41 AM

I recently (October) had a wine flight at Yachtsman. I have also had the beer flight at Raglan Road. I am a connoisseur of neither, but I always enjoy tasting new things and love to have the option.

TheRustyScupper 11-14-2012 10:45 AM

BEER-WHISKEY-WINE "TASTING FLIGHTS": (Rev. 6/12/2012)
Brackets { } indicates multiple flights.

. . . Raglan Road - Beer {4} . . . plus, 17 craft beers *
. . . Rose and Crown - Beer {2}
. . . Germany Weinkeller - Beer {3}
. . . Biergarten - Beer
. . . Big River Grille - Beer
. . . America Adventure - Beer
. . . Wave - Beer

. . . Raglan Road - Irish Whiskey & Scotch Whisky {8} *
. . . Rose and Crown - Scotch Whisky {2}
. . . Le Cellier - Canadian Whiskey
. . . La Cava - Tequila {3} *
. . . La Hacienda - Tequila
. . . Brown Derby - Martini
. . . Teppan Edo - Sake

. . . France Les Vins Room - Wine {2} *
. . . Kouzzina - Wine {3}
. . . Flying Fish - Wine {15, yes, fifteen} *
. . . Yachtsman - Wine {4}
. . . Artist Point - Wine
. . . Boma - Wine {2}
. . . Tutta Italia - Wine
. . . California Grille - Wine
. . . Jiko - Wine *
. . . Wave - Wine
. . . France kiosk - Wine
. . . Germany kiosk - Wine
. . . Italy kiosk - Wine
. . . Le Cellier - Wine {3}

* Personally Recommended by TheRustyScupper

waynesgirl 11-14-2012 12:12 PM

The last time I had late lunch/early dinner at the HBD, I had a wine flight. It was decently paired to what I ate.

I recommend going to the Rose and Crown for a beer flight/tasting (or the scotch tasting- yummy) and even try the La Cava del Tequila's margarita flight if you wanna try something else.

German beer cart sometimes has a flight you can try, depending on when you go. I've had it 2 to 3 weeks after the end of F&W....

Have fun...there is also a Party In The Parks website that will help you find out what is offered because they have pictures of menus to see.

cdtommie 11-14-2012 06:26 PM

The only beer fight I would recommend is the one at Big River Grill, other WDW places have pretty pedestrian offerings.

Raglan is the one that really kills me - it's like the Bruce Springsteen song - 57 channels and nothing on...

luvindisneyworld 11-14-2012 10:15 PM

Thank you so much for all the suggestions... we will for sure try them.
Keep them coming..

tracey1302 11-15-2012 09:53 AM

I had a white wine flight at the HBD the last time I went. 3 pours, very generous measures. I also saw someone having a sparkling wine flight as well which looked awesome. :D