The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Restaurants (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   What if? ADR/park at capacity (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3021119)

simmons_m 11-13-2012 06:12 PM

What if? ADR/park at capacity

What if the magic kingdom closes due to capacity, and you have an ADR at one of the table service restaurants?
Will they let your group in?
Thanks

MouseMomx2 11-13-2012 06:26 PM

No, if the park is at capacity and you are not already inside then you are out of luck.

Jestocost 11-13-2012 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by simmons_m (Post 46701712)
What if the magic kingdom closes due to capacity, and you have an ADR at one of the table service restaurants?
Will they let your group in?
Thanks

There are different levels of park closure, but an ADR on its own won't get you into a park if you otherwise would not be allowed in.

bigbabyblues 11-13-2012 07:09 PM

Nope, and you would still get charged the penalty if it was a credit-card hold.

Herfnerd 11-13-2012 07:10 PM

Does Disney still offer guaranteed entry into the parks if you are staying at Disney resorts?

simmons_m 11-13-2012 07:11 PM

Thanks all, that's what we figured.
If the MK closes midday, will it open again. If we go, I'm wondering if it is too much of a risk to plan a pool/hotel break on the 23rd of December.

bigbabyblues 11-13-2012 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Herfnerd (Post 46702190)
Does Disney still offer guaranteed entry into the parks if you are staying at Disney resorts?

Guaranteed entry into A park, but not necessarily the one you want into, if it is at a certain level of closure. There are different levels if closure.

goofyintoronto 11-13-2012 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Herfnerd

No. even if your staying at a Disney resort, if youre not already in the park then you're out of luck im afraid. if its full its full.

Sent from my Galaxy SII

peaceluv&mickeymouse 11-13-2012 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigbabyblues (Post 46702184)
Nope, and you would still get charged the penalty if it was a credit-card hold.

Oh I think I would raise a little stink about that!:rolleyes1

Can't say I have ever been there when it is that crowded, nor would I want to!:eek:

AuroraRosesMom 11-13-2012 07:44 PM

I've never thought about that. That would be beyond frustrating if you were charged a penalty on a reservation. Now I am curious, what amount of people is considered capacity, at MK at least?

vicki_c 11-13-2012 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AuroraRosesMom
I've never thought about that. That would be beyond frustrating if you were charged a penalty on a reservation. Now I am curious, what amount of people is considered capacity, at MK at least?

Disney does not publish those numbers.

mom2rtk 11-13-2012 09:52 PM

I would not have an ADR at a CC gurarantee or prepay location during Christmas week unless I intended to be in the park at rope drop. And stay.

thumbalyna 11-13-2012 10:09 PM

I dont understand why you would be penalized, you are attempting to make your ADR you just can't get in. Correct me if im wrong but isnt it true that at certain levels of closure you can still get in with an ADR or did i miss understand what i thought i read. I was under the impression only if it was a last stage closing would you be turned away.

Cheshire Figment 11-13-2012 10:16 PM

1. If a Park is at a Stage 4 closing nobody is allowed in. Effectively, nobody has a valid ticket for entry to the Park in this situation.

2. If you make any reservation for dining inside a Park you are warned that you must have valid Park Admission. This warning is given verbally if you make a phone reservation, or is on you confirmation if done online.

3. As stated in #1 above during a Stage 4 Closing nobody has valid Park Admission. As stated in #2 above, you must have valid Park admission to dine. So if you are not in the park at the time of a Stage 4 Closing and you do not make it to the restaurant, you are at fault for not having valid Park Admission to miss your reservation.

purple figment 11-13-2012 10:21 PM

If it is at a Level 4 closure the park is at capacity and no one is allowed in per the safety and fire code regulations.

At certain lesser levels various categories of guests are allowed in including people with confirmed dining reservations within 30 minutes of that time. Be sure to bring a copy of your reservation with you.

If you think the park will be at a Level 4 capacity I would either get to the park early and stay or not make a dining reservation that has a credit card guarantee.