The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Restaurants (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Earl of Sandwich for flight home (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3021068)

Lyn-CA 11-13-2012 04:09 PM

Earl of Sandwich for flight home

We're thinking of buying sandwiches for our flight home. Will we be able to get them past security?

Anyone had trouble with TSA for bringing food in their carry on?

TIA

MakiraMarlena 11-13-2012 04:13 PM

You can bring food in a carryon. This includes sandwiches.

You will not be able to carry containers of liquids, gels or pastes past security, which includes drinks and packets of non-solid condiments like mayonnaise, ketchup or mustard (the packets have to be in your liquid/gel/paste baggie to get through security)

wiigirl 11-13-2012 04:30 PM

I have gotten sandwiches and even a pie through security....you should be fine with a few sandwiches. :)

goofyintoronto 11-13-2012 05:39 PM

within north America its fine to bring food and meat.

You cannot bring food from international flights thou. i found out the hard way. coming from France in July, i had to throw out my delicious food! :(

Sent from my Galaxy SII

MouseMomx2 11-13-2012 06:30 PM

There are no restrictions on food in carry ons. We do it all the time. Our early flights to Florida wouldn't be the same without homemade banana bread! :)

Lyn-CA 11-13-2012 08:31 PM

Thanks

We can look forward to a great meal on our long journey home.

sissy_ib 11-13-2012 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by goofyintoronto (Post 46701504)
within north America its fine to bring food and meat.

You cannot bring food from international flights thou. i found out the hard way. coming from France in July, i had to throw out my delicious food! :(

Sent from my Galaxy SII

Yes, you can bring food on an international flight but you must eat it or though it out depending on local regulations.

NeverlandClub23 11-14-2012 04:19 PM

You probably wouldn't know this because they just changed the rules, but you're only allowed to bring Earl of Sandwich sandwiches on the flight if you bring enough for everyone... :teeth:

TheRustyScupper 11-14-2012 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lyn-CA (Post 46700770)
We're thinking of buying sandwiches for our flight home. Will we be able to get them past security?

1) If you want it warm, just don't ask stewardess to "Nuke it".
2) This might awaken the Sky Marshall.

goofyintoronto 11-14-2012 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sissy_ib

Yes, you can bring food on an international flight but you must eat it or though it out depending on local regulations.

yes exactly. you can eat it before you cross over into Canada for example, before customs, or on the plane. but make sure its gone before customs.

Sent from my Galaxy SII

mlittig 11-14-2012 08:21 PM

Nice way to extend the Disney magic a bit longer :tinker: