The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Restaurants (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Garden View Tea (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3021051)

bbluvsdis 11-13-2012 03:21 PM

Garden View Tea
 
Has anyone heard that the tea room is being refurbished? I am trying to make reservations for tea during our trip in April-May and it says it is booked every day. I don't think that is the case so I was wondering if it is being closed temporarily. I know they have been doing a lot of work at GF so just wondering.

TheRustyScupper 11-13-2012 03:25 PM

1) Hadn't heard of a rehab.
2) But, the Tea is frequently booked solid.
3) However, there are frequent no-shows.
. . . people forget
. . . people would rather just stay in the park
4) So, I would still try a walk-up.

TDC Nala 11-13-2012 03:35 PM

If you have been attempting to get the reservation online, try calling. Lately some kind of glitch has prevented availability for the tea from showing up online.

bbluvsdis 11-13-2012 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TDC Nala (Post 46700477)
If you have been attempting to get the reservation online, try calling. Lately some kind of glitch has prevented availability for the tea from showing up online.

Thanks! I will try calling. I often book this and it usually does not fill up that quickly.

Lu Ann 11-13-2012 06:34 PM

We have tried to book several times in the past and were told there was no availability. Several of those times, we tried to do a walk-up to no avail. The last time we tried it, there were about 3 tables in the place being used. It was right when it opened. We asked if they could seat us and were told, no, they were booked. Really? Where were they? No one was waiting in the lobby. We shopped around, went outside, came back in about an hour, still hardly anyone in the tea room, but they were "booked." Didn't get that, but something must have been going on we that we didn't understand. All we knew was we didn't get to have tea that day. I always make sure to book Afternoon Tea as early as I possibly can, because it is "booked" so often!

minnie mum 11-13-2012 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lu Ann (Post 46701902)
We have tried to book several times in the past and were told there was no availability. Several of those times, we tried to do a walk-up to no avail. The last time we tried it, there were about 3 tables in the place being used. It was right when it opened. We asked if they could seat us and were told, no, they were booked. Really? Where were they? No one was waiting in the lobby. We shopped around, went outside, came back in about an hour, still hardly anyone in the tea room, but they were "booked." Didn't get that, but something must have been going on we that we didn't understand. All we knew was we didn't get to have tea that day. I always make sure to book Afternoon Tea as early as I possibly can, because it is "booked" so often!

They probably were fully booked even if there were empty tables. Sometimes the number of ADRs are reduced to account for a lack of servers.

princessallegra 11-14-2012 01:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bbluvsdis
Has anyone heard that the tea room is being refurbished? I am trying to make reservations for tea during our trip in April-May and it says it is booked every day. I don't think that is the case so I was wondering if it is being closed temporarily. I know they have been doing a lot of work at GF so just wondering.

I would call. I've had issues booking this on line before.

livie1205 11-14-2012 04:35 AM

Do you have the meal plan? I have noticed that IF you have the meal plan and try to book the tea room it will show booked up, the CM has to go in a push a button taking it off and then it will show times aval. :) this has happened to me many times and when I ask them to make sure its not showing the DDP then i always get a ADR. We go to the tea room EVERY TRIP! Its just amazing, even if we didnt have a ADR I would go when they open and try to get in. Good luck!

rlduvall 11-14-2012 12:11 PM

As mentioned by pp, it is most likely due to the on-line reservation glitch. I wasn't able to find any availability for my December trip 5 months out. I have done the Tea annually for the last 4 years and never had any trouble getting a reservation. I finally called the Dining number and the CM didn't see availability, BUT she was seeing something that indicated there was a glitch even on her side. She gave me an alternative dining number and I was able to book it.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:52 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.