The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Sea World / Discovery Cove (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Super Grover Pass on Sale Now (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3020962)

Belle & Ariel 11-13-2012 12:48 PM

Super Grover Pass on Sale Now
 
Last year I read about an incredible deal here on the Sea World board.

Sesame Place which is related to Sea World Parks has an annual pass that includes:
Sea World in Orlando, San Antonio,TX, and San Diego, CA
Busch Gardens in Tampa and Williamsburg, VA
of course Sesame Place in PA
Waterparks-
Aquatica in Orlando
Adventure Island in Tampa
Water Country USA in Williamsburg, VA

It is a premium pass so you get benefits:
Preferred parking at all parks
Preferred seating at shows--arrive at least 15 minutes early
Ride Again on popular rides--not on Cheetah Hunt Busch Gardens Tampa
Discount on food and merchandise
and various monthly or seasonal promotions

It is good from purchase date through December 31, 2013. Regular price is $212 but from 11/17 til 12/31 it is 25% off or $159. From 1/1/13 til 3/13 you save 20% so it is a little more. You can pay to have it shipped but for no extra charge you can print off a voucher and redeem for pass at your first park. We showed our voucher and received free premium parking the first visit.
sesameplace.com
It is less than $10 more than an AP for Sea World and cheaper than SW/BG or SW/Aquatica APs.
We have thouroughly enjoyed ours and wanted to share this info with those planning visits.
And thank you to those who shared this info last year:):):).

greenclan67 11-13-2012 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Belle & Ariel (Post 46699039)
Last year I read about an incredible deal here on the Sea World board.

Sesame Place which is related to Sea World Parks has an annual pass that includes:
Sea World in Orlando, San Antonio,TX, and San Diego, CA
Busch Gardens in Tampa and Williamsburg, VA
of course Sesame Place in PA
Waterparks-
Aquatica in Orlando
Adventure Island in Tampa
Water Country USA in Williamsburg, VA

It is a premium pass so you get benefits:
Preferred parking at all parks
Preferred seating at shows--arrive at least 15 minutes early
Ride Again on popular rides--not on Cheetah Hunt Busch Gardens Tampa
Discount on food and merchandise
and various monthly or seasonal promotions

It is good from purchase date through December 31, 2013. Regular price is $212 but from 11/17 til 12/31 it is 25% off or $159. From 1/1/13 til 3/13 you save 20% so it is a little more. You can pay to have it shipped but for no extra charge you can print off a voucher and redeem for pass at your first park. We showed our voucher and received free premium parking the first visit.
sesameplace.com
It is less than $10 more than an AP for Sea World and cheaper than SW/BG or SW/Aquatica APs.
We have thouroughly enjoyed ours and wanted to share this info with those planning visits.
And thank you to those who shared this info last year:):):).

I might just have to buy myself 2!!! That is a great deal!

staceyeileen 11-16-2012 09:11 PM

where do you buy this? link?

staceyeileen 11-16-2012 09:15 PM

ok, I found it on the sesame place site. Not valid for FL residents. :(

savannahcat 11-17-2012 09:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Belle & Ariel (Post 46699039)
Last year I read about an incredible deal here on the Sea World board.

Sesame Place which is related to Sea World Parks has an annual pass that includes:
Sea World in Orlando, San Antonio,TX, and San Diego, CA
Busch Gardens in Tampa and Williamsburg, VA
of course Sesame Place in PA
Waterparks-
Aquatica in Orlando
Adventure Island in Tampa
Water Country USA in Williamsburg, VA

It is a premium pass so you get benefits:
Preferred parking at all parks
Preferred seating at shows--arrive at least 15 minutes early
Ride Again on popular rides--not on Cheetah Hunt Busch Gardens Tampa
Discount on food and merchandise
and various monthly or seasonal promotions

It is good from purchase date through December 31, 2013. Regular price is $212 but from 11/17 til 12/31 it is 25% off or $159. From 1/1/13 til 3/13 you save 20% so it is a little more. You can pay to have it shipped but for no extra charge you can print off a voucher and redeem for pass at your first park. We showed our voucher and received free premium parking the first visit.
sesameplace.com
It is less than $10 more than an AP for Sea World and cheaper than SW/BG or SW/Aquatica APs.
We have thouroughly enjoyed ours and wanted to share this info with those planning visits.
And thank you to those who shared this info last year:):):).

Can anyone verify that they have been able to redeem the voucher for an actual season pass at either Busch Gardens Tampa or SeaWorld Orlando?

angelmom27 11-17-2012 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staceyeileen
ok, I found it on the sesame place site. Not valid for FL residents. :(

That stinks. Just when I was getting excited too.

mieuxmew 11-17-2012 11:13 AM

I have purchased Sesame Place passes many times. You have two options regarding getting actual passes.

If you pay a few dollars extra and have them shipped, you will receive actual active passes.

Otherwise, you will print a voucher which will need to be taken to Sesame Place to exchange for a Sesame Super Grover pass. There is a kiosk outside the entrance, which I have used off season to get a pass. I recommend spending the few extra dollars and pay for the shipping.

You may encounter a problem if you go to Seaworld with a Sesame Place voucher.

haydeecm 11-17-2012 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mieuxmew (Post 46731449)
I have purchased Sesame Place passes many times. You have two options regarding getting actual passes.

If you pay a few dollars extra and have them shipped, you will receive actual active passes.

Otherwise, you will print a voucher which will need to be taken to Sesame Place to exchange for a Sesame Super Grover pass. There is a kiosk outside the entrance, which I have used off season to get a pass. I recommend spending the few extra dollars and pay for the shipping.

You may encounter a problem if you go to Seaworld with a Sesame Place voucher.


I have read that in the past, but this year under important product information it specifically says "internet vouchers for season passes purchased online can be redeemed at any SeaWorld parks and entertainment location", so I wonder if that changed.

What I don't see anywhere is an actual statement about whether it can be used in the remainder of 2012. It says something about the 2013 season but I thought they had included 2012 in the past.

VikingInMouseEars 11-19-2012 03:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by haydeecm (Post 46734164)
I have read that in the past, but this year under important product information it specifically says "internet vouchers for season passes purchased online can be redeemed at any SeaWorld parks and entertainment location", so I wonder if that changed.

What I don't see anywhere is an actual statement about whether it can be used in the remainder of 2012. It says something about the 2013 season but I thought they had included 2012 in the past.

For some reason I had never heard about this pass until the other day. As we will be in Orlando in Dec. and plan to go back next fall this pass made sense. Having these same questions I called the Seaworld customer service number. The lady on the phone told me that yes, you can redeem the vouchers at Seaworld and yes, the pass can be used starting now.

APB513 11-19-2012 11:16 AM

I just went to the website and the price is coming up as $173.98 ($186.51 w/taxes) for ages 2 and up.

This is what is says:

Don't miss this limited time, holiday sale on Season Passes!
Purchase a 2013 Super Grover Season Pass with Christmas at 25% off the regular price - Offer ends 12/31/12!

With a 2013 Super Grover Season Pass, enjoy unlimited admission to Sesame Place (thru 10/27/13), SeaWorld (FL, TX, CA), Busch Gardens (FL, VA), Aquatica (FL, TX), Water Country USA (VA) and Adventure Island (FL) parks during their regular 2013 operating seasons. Plus unlimited admission during 2012 A Very Furry Christmas at Sesame Place.

You will also receive the following benefits at Sesame Place during the regular 2013 season:

FREE Preferred parking
30% discount on food and merchandise
30% discount on character dining experiences
Preferred seating at select shows
Ride Again privilege at select attractions
Meet & Greet visits with Sesame Street Friends
Discount admission for visiting friends and relatives and more!

You will also receive the following benefits at Sesame Place during the 2012 A Very Furry Christmas event:

FREE Very Furry Christmas parking
30% discount on food and merchandise

Restrictions apply. Promotional offer not valid on Ezpay purchases. Offer valid 11/17/12 - 12/31/12 only. Not valid on past purchases. Cannot be combined with any other offer.

mischief32 11-19-2012 12:01 PM

Page down and you will see the pass without Christmas for the $158.

robinb 11-19-2012 12:23 PM

Whoo hoo! Thanks OP. What a great deal. I might just have to buy 3 passes myself. We are spending time in Tampa and I was thinking about getting a Fun Card for Busch Gardens, but for a bit more we get Sea World, Aquatica, free parking and discounts on food, etc.
Quote:

Originally Posted by VikingInMouseEars (Post 46742497)
For some reason I had never heard about this pass until the other day. As we will be in Orlando in Dec. and plan to go back next fall this pass made sense. Having these same questions I called the Seaworld customer service number. The lady on the phone told me that yes, you can redeem the vouchers at Seaworld and yes, the pass can be used starting now.

Thanks for calling! We would want to start using it in late December.

APB513 11-19-2012 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mischief32 (Post 46745117)
Page down and you will see the pass without Christmas for the $158.

Thanks. I didn't see that. (where's the "hanging my head in shame" smilie :scratchin )

ncfamily 11-19-2012 04:05 PM

My family bought these in February of this year. We printed the vouchers off of the internet. My wife and I redeemed ours at BG Tampa in April and we redeemed our kids vouchers at BG Williamsburg a month later. Can confirm that we got free preferred parking every time we visited a park and also got the 10% discount on all purchases.

We went to BG Tampa 4x, SeaWorld 2x, Aquatica once and BG Williamsburg more times than I can count. It's a great buy. Unfortunately NC is now an excluded state.

I will say that I would probably go ahead and pay to have the passes mailed just for the piece of mind in having your passes. We had a little issue with getting our children's redeemed at BGW because they didn't know what they were. The first time we went they just gave us a complimentary guest pass and told us we needed to have their birth certificates.

rthib 11-28-2012 10:10 AM

We bought these last year.
Paid to have the passes shipped as we wanted to make sure we had them and no issues.

Got preferred parking and entrance to pass areas at Shows.
Also good for discounts.

Used them at three Seaworlds (FL,TX,CA) Aquatica and also got Passholder discount for Discovery Cove.
Even used passholder discount for Hotel (thought the never checked, so I imagine anyone could book that rate).

The only disappointment.
The pass is just a boring pass - I was hoping it had "Super Grover" on the back.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:54 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.