The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Restaurants (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Tables in Wonderland- VENT! and Questions? (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3020937)

Goldilocks07 11-13-2012 12:08 PM

Tables in Wonderland- VENT! and Questions?

We leave for Disney tomorrow :cool1: and go straight to the AKL. We are interested in purchasing TIW- but I was told you can ONLY purchase this at the Parks or DTD.
I find this extremely frustrating and annoying, due to the fact we are eating at BOMA tomorrow night and I'd like to use the discount card there. I won't have time (or the energy) to take a bus to a park to get the pass (we don't have a car). This is so annoying and a waste of time.

Why can't we buy them at our hotels, online, or anywhere else that is more convenient????????? :confused3

Cheshire Figment 11-13-2012 01:12 PM

Because those are the rules Disney has set up.

And you used to have to order by phone or snail mail as the only methods and it would take several weeks to get the card in the mail.

And the cards are on special stock and only available at the GR ticket printing machines.

owl0306 11-13-2012 01:15 PM

um run to ak and get it before you go to akl

Santa 11-13-2012 01:40 PM

Yeah!

You do not need to enter the park. Maybe as soon as you get checked-in you can catch a bus to AK & go to the guest relations window. It's a hassle but worth it in the long run. :thumbsup2

TDC Nala 11-13-2012 02:46 PM

You can buy TIW at guest relations outside the gate without entering the park. If you don't have a car and you are not staying at AKL you will be changing buses at the park anyway. If you are staying at AKL you can use a bus or taxi to run over to AK. Make sure you bring your qualifying documentation (annual pass, proof of Florida residency or DVC membership card, depending on which you are using).

Lorelei528 11-13-2012 02:56 PM

I was in the same situation two years ago...we checked in to AKL, settled my mom in (who was 85 at the time) and DH and I took a cab to AK. We had the cab wait, it took about 5 mins and went back to AKL to enjoy our dinner at Sanaa that night.

:goodvibes

Goldilocks07 11-13-2012 07:11 PM

Drats... I thought you all would say that.

What a pain in Mickey's rear. Last thing I want to do after traveling all with a cranky husband a 20 month old is go back out, hop on a bus and go to AK and back.

Bah humbug. :sad:

ScottOKW2K 11-13-2012 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Goldilocks07 (Post 46702204)

What a pain in Mickey's rear. Last thing I want to do after traveling all with a cranky husband a 20 month old is go back out, hop on a bus and go to AK and back.

Then don't. Without looking prices up I would guess you would save about $15 on the meal at Boma. Would I go to a theme park and back for that much after traveling - most likely not. Don't worry about the discount, enjoy your meal at Boma, and rest and relax afterwards. You're on Vacation !

DEA 11-13-2012 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Goldilocks07 (Post 46702204)

Eh. If the husband is that cranky, leave him and the 20 month old at the resort, by the pool, perhaps with a cold beverage for the husband, while you get some alone time (albeit on a bus), and pick up the card to save the bucks. That could be 30 minutes of blessed solitude at that point. :thumbsup2

Minerva Mouse 11-13-2012 08:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DEA (Post 46702993)
Eh. If the husband is that cranky, leave him and the 20 month old at the resort, by the pool, perhaps with a cold beverage for the husband, while you get some alone time (albeit on a bus), and pick up the card to save the bucks. That could be 30 minutes of blessed solitude at that point. :thumbsup2

Exactly what I was thinking. :flower3:

NEVERENOUGHWDW 11-14-2012 02:03 PM

:thumbsup2
Quote:

Originally Posted by DEA (Post 46702993)

:thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

Rules are rules. Sometimes they don't make sense. We have to pick up our DVC renewal passes at the park. Can't do it at the resort. Not really a big deal.

JennyDrake 11-14-2012 02:13 PM

Just FYI- you are more fortunate now that years ago when you could ONLY get TiW at DTD guest relations or via snail mail. I got mine renewed at AK last year and it took less than 5 minutes.

baler31 11-14-2012 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ScottOKW2K (Post 46702714)
Then don't. Without looking prices up I would guess you would save about $15 on the meal at Boma. Would I go to a theme park and back for that much after traveling - most likely not. Don't worry about the discount, enjoy your meal at Boma, and rest and relax afterwards. You're on Vacation !

:thumbsup2

cdtommie 11-14-2012 05:21 PM

I faxed in the form about a month before we left for our October trip and had the card in about ten days. A bonus to this method is that you receive a laminated card instead of the crappy paper version used at the parks. This is a pretty convenient way to to get the card.

emacosta1 11-14-2012 06:52 PM

Ok what's a TIW?