The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Resorts (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Help me pick a resort (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3020880)

allstonsmommy 11-13-2012 10:28 AM

Help me pick a resort

We are planning a trip for June under the military salute promotion. We originally planned to stay at POR for the trundle bed but when I called there was not any of those rooms available under the promotion... only the Royal rooms. So, my question is, do you all think this resort is still a good option for us or should I consider changing? We are a family of 5.... 2 adults, a 6 year old boy and 2- 2 year old boys. Thanks in advance for your help!!

Missytara 11-13-2012 10:35 AM

I would say that you might not have enough room to do two pak n' plays.....it would be very tight, but doable.

You can see pictures on the RR's at POR on the POR thread; might give you a bit more insight into the size and where you could put a second pak n' play. One by the table and one in the closet area.

Sue M 11-13-2012 10:46 AM

If you had the trundle bed room, would the 2 yr olds be in the queen bed? And the 6 yr old have the trundle?
2 pack & plays would be squished in either room type. You could have the 2 ur olds in the queen I think the resorts do have bed rails, you'd have to request.
Then bring a child size blow up mattress for the 6 yr old, as an option.

allstonsmommy 11-13-2012 10:49 AM

They already climb out of the pack n plays so I was thinking of putting the 2 year old's in the queen bed and the 6 year old on the trundle. They could actually all 3 sleep in the queen but I think it would be more playing than sleeping so I am just trying to think of other options.

Missytara 11-13-2012 10:50 AM

That would definitely work!

I say go for it then.

One helpful thing, when we traveled with 4 of us, we used the shoe holder hanging over the bathroom door. Each person got a row. May be helpful for picking up toys, games, etc for the three little ones and give you some extra storage.

Ahenderson070911 11-13-2012 12:30 PM

We very comfortable had two pack n plays in our POR room. We had one in between the table and trundle and the other beside the front door and bed. Still plenty of room to walk and for them to play when we had down time.

buzznina 11-13-2012 03:30 PM

You may or may not know this but, if the discount is only for the RGR and you were planning on staying there, you will not have a murphy bed in those rooms. In that case I would bring an air mattress.

allstonsmommy 11-13-2012 09:11 PM

Yes, I am aware of that :( That's why I was asking if this resort would still be a good option for us. We were planning to stay at POR mainly for the trundle beds.