The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Resorts (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   I need some info on Coconino Cove at CSR! (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3020719)

KatieKat 11-12-2012 08:21 PM

I need some info on Coconino Cove at CSR!

I'm looking into booking May 2013 and one of the options at CSR is "business class" which entitles you to access to the business lounge, Coconino Cove.

Is this similar to the club level at the deluxes? Is it truly intended just for business men/women there for conventions? Would having my 7 year old boy in there be frowned upon?

Thanks!

Missytara 11-13-2012 01:31 PM

Here is what is on the Disney website:

Opening January 2013!
Coconino Cove  the new Business Lounge at Disney Coronado Springs Resort  will provide a variety of exclusive amenities and upgraded services to our Guests.

Located in the Cabanas, building 9B, Coconino Cove is a semi-exclusive gathering place for networking, relaxing, working or playing.

Guests with Coconino Cove access will enjoy upgraded, semi-exclusive services and amenities, including: "Use of in-lounge iMac and PC stations, computer gaming consoles and flat screen televisions
"Electronic device charging stations & boarding pass printing
"Areas suitable for small groups to gather and meet in a relaxed setting
"Assistance with dining reservations, ticket information and other special requests
"Food & beverage offerings throughout the day
Conveniently, all Guests with Coconino Cove access will be located in building 9B during their stay. Guest rooms will be close together near the lobby and convention center.

Coconino Cove is open 7:00 a.m.  10 p.m., 7 days a week

And.... as per the CSR official thread (which is very informative), it says.
Room locations:

Cabanas 9B is now Club Service for convention guests. When there is no convention being held at the CSR or the convention does not offer Club Level rooms, the rooms in Cabanas 9B are available to regular resort guests (however, they do not receive Club Level services).

So it is only available to convention guests, who would all be adults, so no children would be allowed access.

junebug 11-13-2012 05:38 PM

The club level is now open to all guests, starting January 2013, so I am guessing that children will be welcome! Also a couple of other things I have heard that are included: Turn Down Service, and Cold continental breakfast.

StitchandPooh'sMom 11-14-2012 05:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Missytara (Post 46699471)
Here is what is on the Disney website:

Opening January 2013!
Coconino Cove the new Business Lounge at Disney Coronado Springs Resort will provide a variety of exclusive amenities and upgraded services to our Guests.

Located in the Cabanas, building 9B, Coconino Cove is a semi-exclusive gathering place for networking, relaxing, working or playing.

Guests with Coconino Cove access will enjoy upgraded, semi-exclusive services and amenities, including: "Use of in-lounge iMac and PC stations, computer gaming consoles and flat screen televisions
"Electronic device charging stations & boarding pass printing
"Areas suitable for small groups to gather and meet in a relaxed setting
"Assistance with dining reservations, ticket information and other special requests
"Food & beverage offerings throughout the day
Conveniently, all Guests with Coconino Cove access will be located in building 9B during their stay. Guest rooms will be close together near the lobby and convention center.

Coconino Cove is open 7:00 a.m. 10 p.m., 7 days a week

And.... as per the CSR official thread (which is very informative), it says.
Room locations:

Cabanas 9B is now Club Service for convention guests. When there is no convention being held at the CSR or the convention does not offer Club Level rooms, the rooms in Cabanas 9B are available to regular resort guests (however, they do not receive Club Level services).

So it is only available to convention guests, who would all be adults, so no children would be allowed access.

For 2012, 9B is only for convention guests when conventions have paid for the service. For 2013, it will be a booking category available to everyone. Right now, if there are no conventions utilizing the lounge, 9B can be booked as standard and waterview rooms (building by request only, but the rooms would be considered the same as other non-preferred rooms).

The new CSR thread is under construction right now (at least in my brain). :thumbsup2

Quote:

Originally Posted by junebug (Post 46701496)
The club level is now open to all guests, starting January 2013, so I am guessing that children will be welcome! Also a couple of other things I have heard that are included: Turn Down Service, and Cold continental breakfast.

Yes, I think it will be open to anyone in 2013. :thumbsup2

Missytara 11-14-2012 05:57 AM

Interesting information!

KatieKat 11-14-2012 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StitchandPooh'sMom (Post 46704503)
For 2012, 9B is only for convention guests when conventions have paid for the service. For 2013, it will be a booking category available to everyone. Right now, if there are no conventions utilizing the lounge, 9B can be booked as standard and waterview rooms (building by request only, but the rooms would be considered the same as other non-preferred rooms).

The new CSR thread is under construction right now (at least in my brain). :thumbsup2

Yes, I think it will be open to anyone in 2013. :thumbsup2

Thank you! I was looking into booking for May, so hopefully we will have a lot more information by then!