The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Test track soft opening/sneak peak (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3020601)

tnkrbell 11-12-2012 04:55 PM

Test track soft opening/sneak peak

anyone have the pleasure of getting to see the test track?? Wondering if they will do a soft opening/sneak peak soon?

tiggger1 11-12-2012 04:59 PM

Someone posted last week that it wasn't even close to being finished...

Art 1 11-12-2012 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tiggger1 (Post 46691894)
Someone posted last week that it wasn't even close to being finished...

Yes, saw it from the monorail a few weeks ago and at that time there was a lot of construction work going on. They were building a block wall. This was on a Saturday night and they were working.

thedonduck 11-12-2012 05:29 PM

We were there one night this past week until close. We were taking our time leaving (two kids sound asleep in a stroller made a lovely evening to walk with my DH) and we swore on a few different occasions we could hear the cars going around the outside. The first time we looked at each other like did you just hear that too? So of course being the good Diser that I am, I made sure we walked closer! The second time I was definitely more confident! I still don't know for sure if that is what we heard, but it totally sounded like the cars out on the track!

stindall 11-12-2012 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thedonduck (Post 46692151)
We were there one night this past week until close. We were taking our time leaving (two kids sound asleep in a stroller made a lovely evening to walk with my DH) and we swore on a few different occasions we could hear the cars going around the outside. The first time we looked at each other like did you just hear that too? So of course being the good Diser that I am, I made sure we walked closer! The second time I was definitely more confident! I still don't know for sure if that is what we heard, but it totally sounded like the cars out on the track!

They're probably just testing the attraction. I'm pretty certain it's not open to anyone yet. I'm glad you were an investigator though! http://jeremybrett.info/forum/images/smilies/sh.gif

My2Angels 11-12-2012 05:56 PM

Oh, I hope there is a soft opening sometime next week when I am there!!

missminniemouse 11-12-2012 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by My2Angels (Post 46692346)
Oh, I hope there is a soft opening sometime next week when I am there!!

Me too! We leave this Friday.....let's both keep our fingers crossed and hope for some pixie dust that we get a preview during our trips!

Chellymouse 11-12-2012 07:08 PM

Certainly don't mean to not share some pixie dust, but we were there 3 weeks ago and quite honestly, I will be surprised if it actually opens on 12/6.

Yzma07 11-12-2012 07:24 PM

CMs are in training, but soft openings aren't expected for at least another week or later. The wall will come down first... that's how you know it's getting close!

Mouse511 11-12-2012 07:36 PM

We are here now.....Test Track is my DH favorite ride.....we will do some investigating tomorrow.

Peaseblossom 11-12-2012 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thedonduck (Post 46692151)

Music to the ears! I can't wait until it's open again. Next down, Splash Mountain :sad1: The Mouse giveth, and he taketh away.

Traveliz 11-12-2012 07:59 PM

CMs are definitely training over there now and cars are being tested. It's getting closer.

Liz

letsgoreds 11-12-2012 08:03 PM

Throwing pixie dust at all of you. I will forever cherish my memory of a soft opening of the original opening of Test Track Christmas 1997 (or 1998 I forget). Love the ride!

thedonduck 11-12-2012 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stindall

They're probably just testing the attraction. I'm pretty certain it's not open to anyone yet. I'm glad you were an investigator though!

Oh I know it is not open! I was just very curious as everything I had been reading doubted the Dec 6th opening date saying that it was no where near ready!!!! It seriously seemed like sound effects at first because we haven't heard it in so long! But it definitely was something going around in the dark!

tnkrbell 11-14-2012 06:27 PM

anyone there now?? Any news? We come up this weekend and Im hoping for some pixie dust!!