The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   UK Trip Planning Forum (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   Planning a trip for August 2014, help please! (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3020483)

IsobelJackmummy 11-12-2012 01:12 PM

Planning a trip for August 2014, help please!
 
Hi, we are a family of four, and we've been to Disneyland Paris a few times, but planning a trip to Florida in 2014.

Our children will be 8 and 6 when we travel in the August.

So, I need some help please!

How soon will we be able to book? Any tips on who to book flights etc with?

Do you think the free dining option will be available then on Disney properties?

I have been to disney world ten years ago, before I had children, so I am expecting a completely different trip this time, and I'm sure there are many changes since then too!

Thanks for your help! :)

Mrs Doubtfire 11-12-2012 04:01 PM

When you can book will depend if you want a package holiday or if you are booking separately. I have not booked the free dining in August but many on here have sohopefully should be able to give you an idea of the dates it is generally available :)

IsobelJackmummy 11-12-2012 04:20 PM

Thanks. Will probably book separately as that seems much cheaper.

Mrs Doubtfire 11-15-2012 03:38 PM

Meant to post that scheduled flights (such as those with VA) are available about 11 months before you fly - at the minute the flights are just into Oct 2013 on the VA website - so you can check daily. However, if you want a cheaper price it can take nerves of steel (so to speak) to hold out in hope of a better price. There was a thread on here a few weeks ago for August flights going for a really decent price (but flying indirect) - so you have to look around, A good reason to keep looking on the DIS as many post if they find a good deal :thumbsup2

I see you posted separately about free dining so hope you have a few more answers :)

disneyholic family 11-15-2012 04:52 PM

i'm willing to bet there will be free dining..

i can't remember how early it comes out...more than a year in advance i think...

IsobelJackmummy 11-16-2012 07:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mrs Doubtfire (Post 46716366)
Meant to post that scheduled flights (such as those with VA) are available about 11 months before you fly - at the minute the flights are just into Oct 2013 on the VA website - so you can check daily. However, if you want a cheaper price it can take nerves of steel (so to speak) to hold out in hope of a better price. There was a thread on here a few weeks ago for August flights going for a really decent price (but flying indirect) - so you have to look around, A good reason to keep looking on the DIS as many post if they find a good deal :thumbsup2

I see you posted separately about free dining so hope you have a few more answers :)

Thanks :thumbsup2

IsobelJackmummy 11-16-2012 07:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by disneyholic family (Post 46717119)
i'm willing to bet there will be free dining..

i can't remember how early it comes out...more than a year in advance i think...

Thanks:thumbsup2

Ill start looking at our options for on site, so I am ready to book when the deals are released!

Tink1987 11-17-2012 03:39 AM

You can book now with some independent travel agents. I can highly recommend Pillinger Travel. They are taking bookings up until Summer 2014. Their service is out of this world, they will do literally anything for you. We found them to be very very reasonable booking our West Coast trip , the flights are around 100pp cheaper then booking with VA themselves!

You could put a small deposit down now, and then that would give you until 12 weeks before to pay the total balance.

Really can't recommend them enough :)

Pootle 11-17-2012 04:53 AM

As you live on the Wirral I am assuming you will want direct flights from Manchester? I think your only choices will be Virgin, First Choice, Thomson and Monarch (but could be wrong ;)) so you might like to start monitoring their prices now for 2013 to get an idea of the pricing patterns (hikes and dips!) for the following year.

If you want to go for anything other than a 7, 14, 21 night holiday, then your choice is limited to Virgin for flexibility. Many people do fly indirectly for good savings but only you can know how good your children will be travelling and if you would like the convenience and reassurance of travelling with a British carrier. Some like Aer Lingus for the prices and convenience of clearing immigration in Dublin.

Whilst there are no guarantees that the Dining Plan will continue with Disney, I also think it's very likely unless there is a sudden improvement in the economy when Disney will likely make it less attractive rather than discontinue.

Happy planning :)

IsobelJackmummy 11-18-2012 03:10 PM

Thanks everyone.

DS has autism so would only really do direct flights from Manchester to keep travelling to a minimum. He may be fine, but you never know with him!

Thanks again :)

Disney Princesses LW 11-19-2012 05:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tink1987 (Post 46729490)
You can book now with some independent travel agents. I can highly recommend Pillinger Travel. They are taking bookings up until Summer 2014. Their service is out of this world, they will do literally anything for you. We found them to be very very reasonable booking our West Coast trip , the flights are around 100pp cheaper then booking with VA themselves!

You could put a small deposit down now, and then that would give you until 12 weeks before to pay the total balance.

Really can't recommend them enough :)

Like the Pillenger website loads cheap prices


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:16 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.