The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   The DIS Unplugged Podcast (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=158)
-   -   Petition to Replace the Main Street Bakery at the Magic Kingdom with Starbucks (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3020475)

floaton 11-12-2012 12:47 PM

Petition to Replace the Main Street Bakery at the Magic Kingdom with Starbucks

I found this petition that was started to reverse the decision by the the Walt Disney Company to replace The Main Street Bakery with a Starbucks.

If you are interested in attempting to sway the decision then please sign this petition and write Disney directly with your comments and concerns about this decision.

http://www.**********************walt...tarbucks#share

Thank you all, maybe we can prevent losing such an iconic location through shear volume and public tenacity.

BionicEar 11-12-2012 01:02 PM

There is also another petition at the same site.... but it has more signatures:

http://www.**********************walt...tm_term=624798

AndyPok1 11-12-2012 05:40 PM

Personally I say we bring back tickets. This pay one price and get access to the entire park is not the way Walt wanted it!

Halloweenqueen 11-12-2012 09:55 PM

They used to have McDonalds at the park too. I actually welcome Starbucks! I know Disney did a good job incorporating at Disneyland.

k5jmh 11-12-2012 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DisneyKevin (Post 46692212)
Can you make an addendum to bring back the apple cobbler at Sleepy Hollow?

Or Mr. Toad?

Or the Mickey Mouse Review?

Or Horizons?

Or the original Figment?

...or Future corp

or the Disney Inn

or the Wave Generator for the Poly

or River Country

or the Tronorail

Or more pay phones

or Han shooting first. (Hey, Disney owns Star Wars now).

EastYorkDisneyFan 11-12-2012 10:16 PM

Like I said last time someone posted a link to an online petition if Disney didn't care about the one to keep the adventures club open why would they care bout this one. Also the main problem with an online petition is that anyone can add a name to it and it doesn't have to be there's. There were like five Indiana Jones on the one for the Adventures Club one

AndyPok1 11-12-2012 11:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DisneyKevin (Post 46694789)
Has the word iconic become so over used that it's lost it's meaning?

I'd hate to have to change the dictionary. Iconic is one of the most Iconic 'Ic'-words. Icicle just doesn't compare!

jcb 11-12-2012 11:27 PM

Quote:

I'll concede it's conceivable.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D58LpHBnvsI&sns=em

WaltD4Me 11-12-2012 11:52 PM

Quote:

Blame it on the Kardashians....they'll tell you...practically everything they do is iconic.

wiigirl 11-13-2012 12:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jcb (Post 46695085)

lol...

*NikkiBell* 11-13-2012 06:44 AM

This thread has steered way off topic.

Please keep your comments to those relating to this petition which, I can imagine, some feel very strongly about including those who are relatively new to our forum.

jpeka65844 11-13-2012 07:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DisneyKevin (Post 46694756)
Or World Key?

or the Concourse Steak House?

YES! I'd forgotten about that restaurant. We ate there on their closing night in 2008 and it was sublime. The wait staff was excellent and the steak was to die for!!!

Halloweenqueen 11-13-2012 08:51 AM

I really am surprised by the general reaction to this change. DL fans were sad to lose their version, but I never saw this level if complaint! The new bakery, the Jolly Holiday, is fantastic!

jcb 11-13-2012 09:59 AM

I can certainly understand not liking some of the changes WDW has made over the years. I miss the old Sky Way and don't get me started on Lights of Winter (as to which I am seriously contemplating dropping off a box of LED Christmas lights to guest services in EPCOT).

But no online petition is going to get Disney to breach its contract with Starbucks. While I've not seen the contract, Starbucks achieved its current success by putting its coffee houses in optimal locations, so I expect the Main Street location is mandated by Starbucks' contract with Disney. And odds are this is a long term contract (several years) with options. In short, the location isn't going to change because 500 or even 5000 people sign online petitions.

If you don't like the fact that the addition of Starbucks means you won't get favorite MSB pastry, then go to guest services and tell them exactly what you miss. A thoughtful letter or note makes much more of an impact than an online petition, though, of course, Disney is under no obligation to agree.

k5jmh 11-13-2012 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jcb (Post 46697055)
I can certainly understand not liking some of the changes WDW has made over the years. I miss the old Sky Way and don't get me started on Lights of Winter (as to which I am seriously contemplating dropping off a box of LED Christmas lights to guest services in EPCOT).

But no online petition is going to get Disney to breach its contract with Starbucks. While I've not seen the contract, Starbucks achieved its current success by putting its coffee houses in optimal locations, so I expect the Main Street location is mandated by Starbucks' contract with Disney. And odds are this is a long term contract (several years) with options. In short, the location isn't going to change because 500 or even 5000 people sign online petitions.

If you don't like the fact that the addition of Starbucks means you won't get favorite MSB pastry, then go to guest services and tell them exactly what you miss. A thoughtful letter or note makes much more of an impact than an online petition, though, of course, Disney is under no obligation to agree.

The information contained in this post is provided to you “AS IS”, does not constitute legal advice, Jack is not acting as your attorney. He make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to this post and its posts.

The law changes very rapidly and, accordingly, Jack does not guarantee that any information on this web site or affiliated posts is accurate and up to date. Additionally, the law differs from jurisdiction to jurisdiction, and is subject to interpretation of courts located in each county....blah, blah, blah