The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Restaurants (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Walk ins at Be Our Guest? (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3020241)

tripletsmama 11-11-2012 08:19 PM

Walk ins at Be Our Guest?

Anyone think they will be taking walk ins at the new restaurant? If so, when would it be best to arrive and check? Maybe as soon as they open?

sigepmike 11-11-2012 08:22 PM

I certainly would not expect it. BOG is booked solid for almost 6 months. You could, however, keep checking online for openings. People tend to cancel reservations within a day or two.

hannahryan 11-11-2012 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tripletsmama
Anyone think they will be taking walk ins at the new restaurant? If so, when would it be best to arrive and check? Maybe as soon as they open?

I had dinner there a few weeks ago. The CM at check-in said they will be taking walk ins after 7pm only. We'll see!

Herfnerd 11-11-2012 09:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hannahryan (Post 46684870)
I had dinner there a few weeks ago. The CM at check-in said they will be taking walk ins after 7pm only. We'll see!

I would imagine they would only be taking walk ins if there are tables available and with them being booked for 6 months straight, I think chances are slim to none. They may get the occasional last minute cancellation but they aren't even officially open yet....

Fantasmiss 11-11-2012 10:02 PM

Yes. We did the day before yesterday, or really we reserved a table for 3 hours later. New Fantasyland isn't officially open yet, so not crowdedl. We did 4 rounds of the mermaid ride without havng to get off two days in a row.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

tripletsmama 11-11-2012 11:48 PM

Well we'll just have to wait and see what happens. :) We're definitely planning a counter service lunch there and we have reservations in early January, but we're hoping to try it before then.

WSLover 11-12-2012 01:49 PM

They were accepting walk-ups on Nov 2 during the last Halloween party from 7 - 8 pm. They were packed. A cast member informed us of this when were asked if we could peek inside the restaurant. They had a separate roped off area for those who wanted a peek. Because people were dining you could not go into the dining room but just stand at the doorway.

As we were walking out we decided that a chance to eat there was too good to pass up. We explained that we had already eaten and asked if we could just order appetizers and dessert. They had no problem with that. We were seated at a table in the West Wing. I am not sure if this area will be open for dinner only but it was really well-themed. I also ordered a glass of wine not realizing that this was the first alcoholic drink I was having in MK until it dawned on me later that night. We got to look around and take lots of pictures and our server even took some pictures of us. The service was outstanding and I would eat there again in a heartbeat.

tripletsmama 11-12-2012 10:00 PM

So maybe the best time for walk ins is actually toward the end of the seating period?

TDC Nala 11-13-2012 10:16 AM

They are taking walk ins only or day of reservations made at the restaurant right now and will be doing so until November 19. If you want to go on the 19th or after you will probably have to count on someone cancelling or not showing up. It's a very large restaurant and there will likely be cancellations.

I had lunch there Sunday, during the passholder preview. All three dining rooms were open. I do not know if that will be standard procedure when they go into regular operations mode.

tripletsmama 11-13-2012 11:13 AM

We are looking for something in early December. We won't be devastated if we miss it, as we do have ADRs in January. We'll just have to wait and see. :)

tripletsmama 11-13-2012 11:13 AM

Is November 19 the official opening date?

TDC Nala 11-13-2012 03:57 PM

November 19 is the first date for which they took advance reservations.

The official grand opening is December 6.

mfd25wife 11-14-2012 07:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TDC Nala (Post 46697199)
They are taking walk ins only or day of reservations made at the restaurant right now and will be doing so until November 19. If you want to go on the 19th or after you will probably have to count on someone cancelling or not showing up. It's a very large restaurant and there will likely be cancellations.

I had lunch there Sunday, during the passholder preview. All three dining rooms were open. I do not know if that will be standard procedure when they go into regular operations mode.

I called about an ADR for next week. We are to be there 11/18-11/26. They are full for dinner, but did mention they were doing walk ins for lunch only.

chartle 11-14-2012 07:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mfd25wife (Post 46704526)
I called about an ADR for next week. We are to be there 11/18-11/26. They are full for dinner, but did mention they were doing walk ins for lunch only.

That's because for lunch it's a CS so it's always walk ins.

Herfnerd 11-14-2012 07:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mfd25wife (Post 46704526)

Yuppa - thats because lunch is CS only.....