The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Restaurants (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Akershus lunch favorites? (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3020107)

Googilycub 11-11-2012 01:56 PM

Akershus lunch favorites?

I just made a ressie for lunch at Akershus. Has anybody eaten here recently? What entrees did you like/or not like. My hubby is a little scared of the menu offerings. Also did anybodys kids like the meatballs? I like my daughter to try different things, but im not so sure she will be willing to eat the meatballs. Thanks in advance!

Mousemommy1 11-11-2012 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Googilycub (Post 46682134)
I just made a ressie for lunch at Akershus. Has anybody eaten here recently? What entrees did you like/or not like. My hubby is a little scared of the menu offerings. Also did anybodys kids like the meatballs? I like my daughter to try different things, but im not so sure she will be willing to eat the meatballs. Thanks in advance!

I got the meatballs and did not like them at all. It wasn't about the flavor, it was that they were cold inside and the texture lead me to think they had been sitting out for awhile.

DH likes simple foods, so he ordered the chicken. To his "simple" pallet, the chicken was "bland", and my girls didn't even like their hot dogs (not sure how that's even possible :confused3)

Needless to say, we didn't really like the food there. The princess interaction was decent, but we prefer CRT. I'm glad we tried Akershus but we won't be returning. :(

buddywesley 11-11-2012 10:37 PM

We have an ADR for lunch here in Dec so I'm curious of what others thought of the food choices here too :thumbsup2

EmmaMagsMom 11-12-2012 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mousemommy1

I got the meatballs and did not like them at all. It wasn't about the flavor, it was that they were cold inside and the texture lead me to think they had been sitting out for awhile.

DH likes simple foods, so he ordered the chicken. To his "simple" pallet, the chicken was "bland", and my girls didn't even like their hot dogs (not sure how that's even possible :confused3)

Needless to say, we didn't really like the food there. The princess interaction was decent, but we prefer CRT. I'm glad we tried Akershus but we won't be returning. :(

My girls hated the hot dogs too! So funny! We also won't be going back. We ate there last week and didn't care about the food at all. I thought it was better a couple of years ago

buddywesley 11-13-2012 12:24 AM

So is there anything people can recommend for lunch here that was good?

briarrose1 11-13-2012 04:22 AM

Was there last a few years ago, and it was fine then and the times before. Maybe it's changed?

We were always pleased with the food and the small buffet offerings. Never a problem.

MinnieLee 11-13-2012 04:26 AM

Had lunch there 10 days ago and we thought it was really good. The buffet had a nice selection of salads, shrimp, cheeses, sliced cold cuts and the main meal was good. I do like the Norwegian meatballs. Had them at F&W a couple of years ago and now make them at home. Admittedly, not Italian meatballs but almost like a swedish meatball. Also really liked the dessert platter that was part of the lunch.

We had heard mixed reviews about the restaurant and was surprised that it was pretty good. THe princess interaction was pretty good also.

MrsJD 11-13-2012 03:33 PM

Our group really enjoyed the appetizer buffet. We all have failry different tastes and we all enjoyed our meals. One got the meatballs, one got the sausage, I had the ravioli pasta and I think DD had pizza or mac-n-chs. But for me the highlight was teh buffet and the characters.

buddywesley 11-14-2012 01:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MinnieLee
Had lunch there 10 days ago and we thought it was really good. The buffet had a nice selection of salads, shrimp, cheeses, sliced cold cuts and the main meal was good. I do like the Norwegian meatballs. Had them at F&W a couple of years ago and now make them at home. Admittedly, not Italian meatballs but almost like a swedish meatball. Also really liked the dessert platter that was part of the lunch.

We had heard mixed reviews about the restaurant and was surprised that it was pretty good. THe princess interaction was pretty good also.

This sounds more promising :-) thanks!

maraki527 11-14-2012 06:24 AM

I had the beef open faced sandwich with the cauliflower soup. The sandwich was good but the soup was really good! I would have rather had the soup with the buffet