The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Transportation (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Dollar vs. National (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3019987)

mmouse50 11-11-2012 10:06 AM

Dollar vs. National
 
I am trying to decide which rental car agency to use. Dollar or National?

I have used both in the past and haven't had any problems with either, but I am trying to figure out which is easier to deal with at MCO. I am a member of both membership programs, if that matters.

The price difference is minimum less than $20.00 for the rental.

I am looking for ease of getting of rental (getting out of airport - do they both have kiosks?) No hard sell on extras and no extra hold on credit cards.

Which should I pick?

jmasgat 11-11-2012 11:32 AM

If the price is that close, go National. With your choice of using kiosks or Emerald Aisle/Reserve, etc, you can get out of the there in not time flat. Dollar does not have kiosks, just a special counter lane for Express members.

Maura

Moparlar 11-11-2012 12:18 PM

Either one of those you should be able to go right to your car without stopping at any counter or kiosk.

Larry

rlduvall 11-11-2012 08:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moparlar (Post 46681189)
Either one of those you should be able to go right to your car without stopping at any counter or kiosk.

Larry

I have never heard this about Dollar Express. :confused3

Moparlar 11-11-2012 10:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rlduvall (Post 46684485)
I have never heard this about Dollar Express. :confused3

I just did it last week

chamonix 11-11-2012 11:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rlduvall (Post 46684485)
I have never heard this about Dollar Express. :confused3

http://www.dollar.com/TravelCenter/T...ceService.aspx

"Heres how it works. Reserve the car class that you want to drive. Pick up your rental agreement at the counter and select any vehicle within the car class you reserved.

Dollar EXPRESS members save even more time. Skip the counter and get your parking space number from our monitors. Well place your rental agreement in your vehicle, but if you want a different one, the choice is yours. Just take your hang tag from the rear view mirror with you and select any vehicle within the same car class."

rlduvall 11-12-2012 09:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moparlar (Post 46685769)
I just did it last week

Great news. That's the one reason I would pay more for National or Alamo. Used to be you had to go to the counter - but a special line. :thumbsup2

rlduvall 11-12-2012 09:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moparlar (Post 46685769)
I just did it last week

Quote:

Originally Posted by chamonix (Post 46686191)
http://www.dollar.com/TravelCenter/T...ceService.aspx

Dollar EXPRESS members save even more time. Skip the counter and get your parking space number from our monitors. Well place your rental agreement in your vehicle, but if you want a different one, the choice is yours. Just take your hang tag from the rear view mirror with you and select any vehicle within the same car class."

Cool. It used not to be that way, but it's been a long time since I have used them. Where are the actual monitors they speak of?

Snoozan 11-12-2012 07:10 PM

Just used Dollar Express 3 weeks ago - We went to a booth right in the parking garage and picked up our paperwork. I've never heard about the monitor with your assigned car location. I'll be interested to see how new this is at MCO.

Chumpieboy 11-13-2012 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snoozan (Post 46692936)
Just used Dollar Express 3 weeks ago - We went to a booth right in the parking garage and picked up our paperwork. I've never heard about the monitor with your assigned car location. I'll be interested to see how new this is at MCO.

We just did it as well beginning of October. Across the street (not in the terminal) there's a flatscreen outside of the kiosk with Dollar Express member names and the assigned parking slot numbers. You don't need to stop at the kiosk other than to look for your name on the flatscreen.

Get off the plane --> pick up your bags --> walk across the street to the rental area --> look at the flatscreen --> walk directly to your car. The only Dollar employee you deal with is at the exit gate.

rlduvall 11-13-2012 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chumpieboy (Post 46699886)
We just did it as well beginning of October. Across the street (not in the terminal) there's a flatscreen outside of the kiosk with Dollar Express member names and the assigned parking slot numbers. You don't need to stop at the kiosk other than to look for your name on the flatscreen.

Get off the plane --> pick up your bags --> walk across the street to the rental area --> look at the flatscreen --> walk directly to your car. The only Dollar employee you deal with is at the exit gate.

The only thing holding me back from using them was it wasn't as easy as Alamo/National. I may reconsider. Thanks to everyone for all the great information. :thumbsup2

Disneyfanatic108 11-14-2012 08:03 AM

Thanks for the new info. Will have to put them in the consideration pool for the next trip.

Ladcassidy 11-14-2012 09:37 AM

Thanks for the information, All. I found a great promotion on Dollar.com for my February rental, but was worried about how long it would take to get "out the door." I will make sure to sign up for Dollar EXPRESS.

Rpsemont 11-14-2012 10:05 AM

If you're a National EA Member, you get the extra drivier for free. I don't think that's true with Dollar. For $20, I like to have the extra driver.

Anne


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:51 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.