The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Resorts (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   How's the WiFi at the resorts (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3019452)

Masonmj84 11-09-2012 03:46 PM

How's the WiFi at the resorts

particularly using an iPad? (just purchased one of the new mini iPads)

I've heard mixed reviews (particularly that the WiFi doesn't seem to work as well on iPads than on laptops, etc.).

We'll be staying at the Poly and then the BC if that makes any difference.

OKW Lover 11-09-2012 04:21 PM

I've had no problem using a laptop or an iPad. WiFi doesn't work any different on either device.

partypa 11-09-2012 04:32 PM

I was at Pop and VWL a few weeks ago, only used my iPad, no problems at all :thumbsup2

Mousemommy1 11-09-2012 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Masonmj84 (Post 46669294)
particularly using an iPad? (just purchased one of the new mini iPads)

I've heard mixed reviews (particularly that the WiFi doesn't seem to work as well on iPads than on laptops, etc.).

We'll be staying at the Poly and then the BC if that makes any difference.

I used my iPad very frequently while at WL this summer and for the most part it was perfectly fine! :goodvibes

Bell30012 11-09-2012 05:43 PM

It does have a short inactivity log out but otherwise works great. When we visit we "have" to bring an electronics case for our Macs, iPads and other electronics. I love the free WiFi at the resort, MK and EP.

chemnerd09 11-09-2012 05:57 PM

I've used my iPad with no problems with the Wi-Fi, but this was at Saratoga Springs and PoP century. I'm not sure it would be different at the Poly and BC.

rcraw45425 11-10-2012 08:19 AM

It was pretty crappy at GF last December but fairly decent in the tower at the CR last month. It did go down sometimes when it was overloaded.

DVC Kelly 11-10-2012 09:18 AM

It was a good connection for my last trip this past September at Animal Kingdom

goofyintoronto 11-10-2012 09:58 AM

At all star movies it was decent. At CSR it was TERRIBLE! The worst i have ever EVER experienced. So frustrating.

Sent from my Galaxy SII

bookgirl 11-10-2012 10:11 AM

My iphone and ipad did fine a couple weeks ago.

Art of Animation LM section

Port Orleans French Quarter building 4

AllStars Music building 5 Country Fair

Didn't have any problems with my cell service or my 3g or using the free wifi. Didn't seem to be slow either.

lawnmd 11-10-2012 07:20 PM

We stayed at CBR second week of oct. in room 2543. Used my iPad 2. Didn't have a problem at all.

NotTooGoofy 11-10-2012 08:30 PM

I had no problem last month with my iPad connecting to wifi at CSR in the Ranchos section.

DemoBri1 11-10-2012 11:06 PM

Extremely slow and spotty, especially in the evening at BCV. Didn't have much more luck in the parks either. In some instances I had better luck with a mobile connection than with the Wi-Fi.

GusGus77 11-10-2012 11:17 PM

We had issues at POR a few weeks ago on our ipad. We had to keep resetting the connection by going through and having the ipad "forget" the network and then reconnecting. It was ridiculous. There was probably a whole day we couldn't get internet at all. I was happy to have it (especially for free since we had to pay for it last year at POP) but a little disappointed.

bluehawaii19 11-10-2012 11:51 PM

On our most recent trip, we stayed at AoA (FN suites) and I brought my MacBook Pro with me while my mom brought her iPad with her. The WiFi was touch and go for both of us. I think it worked better for me than for her. I used mine to watch Hulu and it started out great where I could watch a bunch of shows without any issues. After a couple of days, the WiFi kept acting up on me where I would try watching a show and it just wouldn't play for me so I had to constantly refresh which was annoying to say the least. It would show a full signal on my computer yet wouldn't connect for some reason.

Also, cell signals in the room were very low (I had my iPhone while my mom had her older cell). When we wanted to make a call, we had to venture outside the rooms to even get a decent signal.