The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Resorts (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Coronado Springs Fans! (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3019374)

calngavinsmom 11-09-2012 12:42 PM

Coronado Springs Fans!

Hello there! After two beautiful stays at POR we have decided to switch it up a bit and try out CSR :cool1:

So for all of you CSR fans.....I have a couple of questions for you.

Frist, which is your favourite section to stay in and why?

What is your absolute favourite thing about this resort?

And, do you have any tips for getting the most out of our stay? We are a family of four with two boys 11 and 8 and we will be arriving in February....any must dos or little known gems here to check out?

Thanks so much :)

dansdad 11-09-2012 01:04 PM

I would start here. Tons of great info and plenty of fans.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2828206

afcgirl 11-09-2012 01:34 PM

We just stayed in Casitas for the first time and liked it the best. Very pretty and close to everything. Second choice is Cabanas, then Ranchos. Ranchos is a pretty long walk to the lobby.

Our favorite thing about CSR is probably the pool area. Good food at the pool bar, huge hot tub, and great slide. We also like the lake area in front of the lobby building where you can see alligators and turtles. It is a very pretty resort!

The health club is great too.

scorpad99 11-09-2012 11:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by calngavinsmom (Post 46667959)
Hello there! After two beautiful stays at POR we have decided to switch it up a bit and try out CSR :cool1:

So for all of you CSR fans.....I have a couple of questions for you.

Frist, which is your favourite section to stay in and why?

What is your absolute favourite thing about this resort?

And, do you have any tips for getting the most out of our stay? We are a family of four with two boys 11 and 8 and we will be arriving in February....any must dos or little known gems here to check out?

Thanks so much :)

we just got back from halloween week, although the weather was a little too chilly for the pool, we loved the casitas, we were on a ground floor in casitas 2 , near the quiet pool,............... we loved the pepper market, being on the meal plan , the buffet breakfast is considered 1 quick service, and is well worth it! (close to bus stop 2 which is the first to be picked up and the first to be dropped off , so we always got a seat) the main pool and the dig site (playground) is on the other side of the lake, but there is a bridge you can cross from the main building not to have to walk all the way around. its a huge resort, once you learn your way around, we wouldnt hesistate to stay here again. have fun!

avw1295 11-10-2012 06:32 PM

We have stayed at CSR twice. Once in the Ranchos section and once in the Cabanas. I preferred the Cabanas, because of it's proximity to the pool and El Centro. However, the Ranchos were also very nice. We were very close to the second bus stop, which was great. I don't think that the distance to El Centro is as bad as many people say and it's not far from the pool area at all. My family LOVES the pool area at CSR. We think it is one of the absolute best at WDW. Enjoy your stay! We've stayed there 2 years in row. We are going to try a different resort this year, but I have a feeling that we will stay at CSR again.

amrdeus 01-16-2013 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by afcgirl (Post 46668317)
We just stayed in Casitas for the first time and liked it the best. Very pretty and close to everything. Second choice is Cabanas, then Ranchos. Ranchos is a pretty long walk to the lobby.

Our favorite thing about CSR is probably the pool area. Good food at the pool bar, huge hot tub, and great slide. We also like the lake area in front of the lobby building where you can see alligators and turtles. It is a very pretty resort!

The health club is great too.

I'm going first time to Disney and just saw you already stayed in CSR twice in the same period I will be going. Would like to make some questions:
- how about the weather in March, is it possible to enjoy pools?
- do you think it's necessary to book some water resort as compliment?

Tks