The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Cruise Line Forum (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Champagne, Wine, Martini, Whiskey Tasting (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3019318)

Douvres Family 11-09-2012 11:26 AM

Champagne, Wine, Martini, Whiskey Tasting

:confused:Has anyone tried any of the "tastings"...other than Beer. We already got the "download" on the Beer Tastings.

Thank you all!!!

lucas 11-09-2012 11:37 AM

I was wondering how much the Champagne tasting costs. :confused3

hubbard53 11-09-2012 11:50 AM

we did the champagne tasting along with Remy brunch. We would do it again as it had some delicious high-end champagne and sparkling wine.

the only other one we did was a Mixology class which I highly recommend since it's fun, informative, and literally intoxicating since you get to drink your own concoctions :)

Douvres Family 11-09-2012 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hubbard53 (Post 46667174)
we did the champagne tasting along with Remy brunch. We would do it again as it had some delicious high-end champagne and sparkling wine.

the only other one we did was a Mixology class which I highly recommend since it's fun, informative, and literally intoxicating since you get to drink your own concoctions :)

Yes...thank you...Mixology was the other one we were wondering about...great I'll tell DH about it.
The Champagne Tasting we were thinking of is one separate from Remy...

darkwing818 11-09-2012 12:03 PM

We've done the Champagne tasting on the Dream & Fantasy, believe it was about $20 or $25 pp it took a little over an hour. It was money well spent :thumbsup2, we had a great time. The tasting consisted of 5 glasses of different champagnes and to finish it off a special 6th glass; a Champagne cocktail. If you enjoy champagne you won't be disappointed. :cool1:

lucas 11-09-2012 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by darkwing818 (Post 46667289)
We've done the Champagne tasting on the Dream & Fantasy, believe it was about $20 or $25 pp it took a little over an hour. It was money well spent :thumbsup2, we had a great time. The tasting consisted of 5 glasses of different champagnes and to finish it off a special 6th glass; a Champagne cocktail. If you enjoy champagne you won't be disappointed. :cool1:

Sounds great!

stmize 11-09-2012 12:22 PM

I plan on doing them all in jan lol.

Douvres Family 11-09-2012 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by darkwing818 (Post 46667289)

Wonderful!!! We'll be signing up for this one too! Thank you!

Quote:

Originally Posted by lucas (Post 46667302)
Sounds great!

It sure does! :thumbsup2

castmbr 11-09-2012 01:34 PM

Just did the tequila tasting on fantasy and it was well worth $15. Dd and I enjoyed it and we really got our moneys worth.

Douvres Family 11-09-2012 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by castmbr (Post 46667913)
Just did the tequila tasting on fantasy and it was well worth $15. Dd and I enjoyed it and we really got our moneys worth.

That sounds interesting, but I'll be sick for the remainder of the cruise :drinking::faint:...unless it's Patron Cafe...lol

Though I saw they also have a Margarita Tasting.

BTW We will be on the Dream in 100 days!!! :cool1:

whitfive 11-09-2012 02:12 PM

We participated in a Mixology Class when we cruised on the Fantasy in June. We ended up having a private group class as there were 46 of my fellow DIS meet peeps wanting to take the class!:cool1::cool1:

It was a WONDERFUL class and I highly recommend it! You get your $$ worth!

Here is a photo of the 5 drinks we made/comsumed!:thumbsup2

http://i1260.photobucket.com/albums/...93289657_n.jpg

zstyles 11-09-2012 02:49 PM

Also don't miss the "free" seiminars that go on, I went to two of them they were very entertaining, some included free drinks/glass of wine and some food tasting (battle of the chefs etc on the Magic)...

Douvres Family 11-09-2012 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whitfive (Post 46668174)
We participated in a Mixology Class when we cruised on the Fantasy in June. We ended up having a private group class as there were 46 of my fellow DIS meet peeps wanting to take the class!:cool1::cool1:

It was a WONDERFUL class and I highly recommend it! You get your $$ worth!

Here is a photo of the 5 drinks we made/comsumed!:thumbsup2

It looks wonderful...I can't wait!!! :yay:

rick_reeves 11-09-2012 04:44 PM

The tequila tasting was very education especially for those that think they know something about it.

80spanda 11-09-2012 05:04 PM

We did a whiskey tasting and a tequila tasting on the Dream this October.

Both were well worth the money, in terms of how much booze you get for your buck.

Our whiskey tasting was at 10:30 pm at Meridian. There were about 15 people there and it was fun to sit and sip and hear folks who knew something about whiskey, and hear folks who knew nothing about whiskey (me). It was fun - but I'm still not a fan of whiskey.

Our tequila tasting was at 689 (?) in the District. There had to be at least 40 people there, but the bartender did a good job of explaining each tasting and keeping the rowdy bunch in check. Basically, everyone grouped-off into groups of 6 or 8, as the bar's seating allowed. It was indeed Patron, an array of Patron, plus a few suprise mixed drinks at the end, and I don't think I'll ever go back to Jose Cuervo.

Cheers!