The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Sea World / Discovery Cove (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Photo Package Pricing (Nov. 2012) (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3019226)

trouttigger 11-09-2012 05:57 AM

Photo Package Pricing (Nov. 2012)
 
I received this from customer service via email today:

We provide a videographer and photographer in the dolphin interaction to capture your special moments. After the interaction is completed, you will be given an opportunity to view/purchase any photos or videos. The photo package prices and individual prices are:

Ultimate Package $219
7- 6 x 8 Prints (may be different or same images)
1- 4x6, 2 key rings, 2 wallets (all same image)
1 - All-image Digital Photo CD
1 - Interaction DVD**
1 - 16 x 24 Poster
1 - Photo Album

Adventure Package $159
5-6x8 Prints (may be different or same images)
1-4x6, 2 key rings, 2 wallets (all same image)
1 - All-image Digital Photo CD

Basic Package $89
4 - 6x8 Prints
4x6 and 4 wallets (all same image)

Additional Items
6 x 8 Print $25
4 x 6 Print 2 key rings(all same image) $25
16 x 24 Poster $35
24 x 36 Poster $45
Interaction DVD** $75
Digital Photo CD $150


**DVD video footage is only available for up to 30 days after your visit date.

Be sure to ask about our NEW 5x7 Black Marble Tile Etchings!
Have your family etched into stone by our new, state-of-the-art laser system.
Only $29 with a package, or $39 by itself!

Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina 11-09-2012 07:46 AM

On our January visit, when we purchased the Adventure Package, we were also given a beautiful stone frame for one of the 6 x 8 pictures. It was not advertised as part of the package....when they handed us the bag of photos, CD and keychains, they simply said "we've also included a frame for one of your 6 x 8's at no charge, enjoy!". Not sure if that little extra is still ongoing or not, but the frame is gorgeous and HEAVY. I bet it would retail for $25 all on its own, if not more.

janinca 11-09-2012 08:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina (Post 46665794)
On our January visit, when we purchased the Adventure Package, we were also given a beautiful stone frame for one of the 6 x 8 pictures. It was not advertised as part of the package....when they handed us the bag of photos, CD and keychains, they simply said "we've also included a frame for one of your 6 x 8's at no charge, enjoy!". Not sure if that little extra is still ongoing or not, but the frame is gorgeous and HEAVY. I bet it would retail for $25 all on its own, if not more.

That sounds really nice. We definitely did not that with our package. Maybe they aren't giving it out anymore or maybe it just depends on the day you go. Or maybe they just really liked you guys. :) That would be a neat surprise for sure!

Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina 11-09-2012 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by janinca (Post 46666089)
That sounds really nice. We definitely did not that with our package. Maybe they aren't giving it out anymore or maybe it just depends on the day you go. Or maybe they just really liked you guys. :) That would be a neat surprise for sure!

Must have been a little DC pixie dust ;) .

I know a few other Disers had reported receiving the same extra on their visits during the same time period, so maybe they were clearing out old stock and making room for new stuff. Too bad, though, because it was a super nice addition to the package and was awesome to have such a lovely frame to display our memories when we returned home.

Lynne G 11-09-2012 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina (Post 46666515)
Must have been a little DC pixie dust ;) .

I know a few other Disers had reported receiving the same extra on their visits during the same time period, so maybe they were clearing out old stock and making room for new stuff. Too bad, though, because it was a super nice addition to the package and was awesome to have such a lovely frame to display our memories when we returned home.

Don't know either. We had the free frame (or included) with the same package when we went in August. It's a nice, ceramic, colorfuil frame. I thought it was for the free family picture that's taken when you first arrive.

Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina 11-09-2012 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lynne G (Post 46667483)
Don't know either. We had the free frame (or included) with the same package when we went in August. It's a nice, ceramic, colorfuil frame. I thought it was for the free family picture that's taken when you first arrive.

The frame was definitely not an inclusion for the free family photo. We did not purchase a photo package on our August trip (as we did not do the dolphin swim) and rec'd only the family photo as part of our admission (no frame).

Interestingly enough, your frame sounds different from the one we rec'd in January. Ours is all light beige (crafted to look like it's made from sand) and is otherwsie devoid of colour. Yet its very simple and very pretty!

We did get a photo and frame included in the cabana rental on our August trip. That frame is clear glass.

Lynne G 11-09-2012 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina (Post 46667897)
The frame was definitely not an inclusion for the free family photo. We did not purchase a photo package on our August trip (as we did not do the dolphin swim) and rec'd only the family photo as part of our admission (no frame).

Interestingly enough, your frame sounds different from the one we rec'd in January. Ours is all light beige (crafted to look like it's made from sand) and is otherwsie devoid of colour. Yet its very simple and very pretty!

We did get a photo and frame included in the cabana rental on our August trip. That frame is clear glass.

Oh, then I did get a different freebie. It isn't plain colored, it has colorful tropoical flowers. I thought it was a nice extra. I wasn't going to buy any pictures, but since we may not go there again, or it will be some time, I liked that the middle package included the CD, so now I can print any of the pictures I want again. We didn't want the poster and each of the pictures we had printed were in nice seaworld folders. A great memory for my kids. I am thinking about renting a cabana if we ever go again. G your description sounds like it would be a great idea if we go again.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:55 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.