The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Resorts (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Magical express luggage delivery (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3019179)

Jimbeaux28 11-08-2012 10:32 PM

Magical express luggage delivery
 
I know people complain about people who bring their luggage to the motor coach, not using the luggage delivery but we landed at 6:40PM and still have no luggage at 11:30PM and bell services is saying it will be another 45 minutes.
Anyone else having issues like this with the luggage delivery?

magicaldisney 11-08-2012 10:38 PM

I'm sorry that you haven't received your luggage yet. We have always received ours within the three hour window. Hoping you get it real soon. pixiedust:

Sue M 11-08-2012 10:40 PM

I've not heard people complain about those who choose to bring their luggage on DME :confused3
I don't usually use DME on arrival as i fly into Ft Lauderdale first to visit family, but the few times I've flown into MCO first, I've always had prompt luggage delivery. And coming in from the west coast, we always arrive late afternoon, or early evening.

purple figment 11-08-2012 11:25 PM

Luggage delivery is about 3 - 4 hours after you check in at your resort so assuming you checked in around 8-8:30, then 12:15 isn't too far outside the delivery window.

Jimbeaux28 11-09-2012 12:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by purple figment
Luggage delivery is about 3 - 4 hours after you check in at your resort so assuming you checked in around 8-8:30, then 12:15 isn't too far outside the delivery window.

Got the luggage at the 5 hour window. This is the longest it has ever taken. Hopefully this an outlier. I just wanted to see if others had experienced this.

lilpooh108 11-09-2012 12:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jimbeaux28 (Post 46664751)
Got the luggage at the 5 hour window. This is the longest it has ever taken. Hopefully this an outlier. I just wanted to see if others had experienced this.

Wow that sucks.

mamamary 11-09-2012 04:27 AM

I don't really ever remember reading about complaints against those people that bring their luggage on DME. We actually did this on our last trip. I'm so glad we did because when we checked in at 10:30 am our room was ready so we were able to unpack and get our room set up right away.

Jimbeaux28 11-09-2012 06:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mamamary
I don't really ever remember reading about complaints against those people that bring their luggage on DME. We actually did this on our last trip. I'm so glad we did because when we checked in at 10:30 am our room was ready so we were able to unpack and get our room set up right away.

I have read some posts where people mentioning it slowing the process down. Maybe on one of the stickies.

On evening arrivals from now on we will be claiming our bags. Word to the wise.

goofy4tink 11-09-2012 08:05 AM

I am one of those who has complained. Why, you might ask?? My worst experience was when the bus was almost completely full. There were about 5 families that brought their checked bags with them...largish families to boot!!! Each group had about 6 bags.
So, it took time to load the bags at the airport. This was the only time I have sat on that bus for more than 20 mins...close to 40 mins on the bus. Now, granted, I was among the first to board.

Then, we went to AKL first (POP had normally been the first stop, but not this time!!). There, 3 families got off...2 of them with their bags. The driver held everyone on the bus while he took out the bags. Evidently, this practice of holding guests hostage is supposed to have stopped. In any case, that driver took each family and handed bags to them...and not quickly. He wanted to be sure he didn't miss out on any gratuities. We sat at AKL for 15 mins total. Then, it was off to CSR...and the previous scenario was played out, again. This time though?? 20 mins sitting there since the driver had missed one or two bags beneath the bus!!!
By the time I got to POP, I had been 'in transit' for about 90 mins!!! And of that time, almost 30 mins was taken up, sitting at the previous two resorts, waiting for bags to be disbursed.
Obviously, this isn't the norm...but it sure wasn't a great way to start my stay.

Oh, and this wasn't a late in the day situation...it was prior to noon!!! I can understand getting your own bags after 7pm, but at noon??? Many rooms aren't even ready yet!!!

The later you arrive, prior to that 10pm cutoff, the longer it may take your bags to get to you. Many of the resorts have fewer CMs on duty in the baggage area. The value resorts practically come to a complete halt after 10pm!!!! So, if you arrive at your resort by 9ish?? YOu may have a slightly longer wait time for bags to arrive.

crazy4wdw 11-09-2012 08:47 AM

I never had any luggage issues with DME until my recent stay at POR about three weeks ago. My luggage was not delivered until about 5 hours after my flight arrival time. My flight arrived around 11:00 am and it was almost 4:00 PM before it was delivered.

goofy4tink 11-09-2012 09:01 AM

When figuring delivery time, remember it's your resort checkin time that starts the ticking clock, not your flight arrival time.

Mousemommy1 11-09-2012 09:06 AM

The only time we have had to wait longer than the 3 hours to be delivered is when Southwest Airlines allowed our luggage to get off in Nashville instead of going all the way to Orlando...:headache:

We got our luggage 2 days later. Other than that we've never had problems.

taylor3297 11-09-2012 09:11 AM

We have only had problems when ME did not pick up my sisters bag. She got the resort at noon (a friend and I had already checked in earlier, left key for sister at front desk), met us at MK, we got back to the room at 8:30 PM.

She went to the front desk and the manager started helping her to find her luggage. Around midnight she told the manager when the bag got there, that she would get it in the morning. The manager did open the gift shop and let her get a nightshirt to sleep in ( she offered to pay for it but her refused). He also gave her toothbrush and toothpaste.

1AM and a knock at the door. Her luggage was being delivered!

Mousemommy1 11-09-2012 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 (Post 46666381)
The only time we have had to wait longer than the 3 hours to be delivered is when Southwest Airlines allowed our luggage to get off in Nashville instead of going all the way to Orlando...:headache:

We got our luggage 2 days later. Other than that we've never had problems.

Quote:

Originally Posted by taylor3297 (Post 46666424)
We have only had problems when ME did not pick up my sisters bag. She got the resort at noon (a friend and I had already checked in earlier, left key for sister at front desk), met us at MK, we got back to the room at 8:30 PM.

She went to the front desk and the manager started helping her to find her luggage. Around midnight she told the manager when the bag got there, that she would get it in the morning. The manager did open the gift shop and let her get a nightshirt to sleep in ( she offered to pay for it but her refused). He also gave her toothbrush and toothpaste.

1AM and a knock at the door. Her luggage was being delivered!

This makes me add...the manager at CBR was awesome, and without us asking, he took us down to the gift shop and allowed us to pick stuff to wear as well as some toiletries and then put a credit on our account in case we needed to get other stuff too. I think he felt bad when I burst into tears about not having our luggage and SW being less than responsive. :p

Anyway, that just goes to show the amazing customer service at Disney. It wasn't even their fault and they did more than SW to correct the problem and without us even asking. pixiedust:

goofy4tink 11-09-2012 09:38 AM

There last few posts bring up a good thought....you just can't be sure what happened to late arriving luggage. It may very well not have been DME's issue, but in all actuality, the airlines. If the bag got misdirected, then it's going to be a lot longer than 4 or 5 hrs!! And many times, no one will take responsibility for that lateness!!! Drives me nuts.

This is why we always recommend packing your carryon bag with anything you may need to start your vacation. And that doesn't mean just when traveling to WDW!!! If your checked bag gets delayed, you will at least have a change of clothes and something to sleep in...as well as toiletries. I know that when we flew home from Fort Lauderdale one NYE, we got diverted to Philly....no landing in Providence. Because we were heading home, I didn't pack that carryon correctly. And when we got diverted?? We could get off in Philly, book a room and get out on the first flight in the morning. BUT..they didn't have time to take off the checked bags!!! I had nothing in my carryon for the evening. So, we stayed with the plane, back to Ft Lauderdale, booked a room for the night, got our checked bags and flew out again first thing in the morning. Could have just stayed in Philly if I had had what I needed!!!!
So, pack those carryon bags accordingly!!!!


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:51 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.