The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Community Board (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   TOP CHEF Season 10! (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3018702)

Pig Pen 11-07-2012 04:22 PM

TOP CHEF Season 10!

Top Chef Season 10 starts tonight. I love, love, love this show...which is funny because I don't really cook much. It helps that Tom Colicchio is a judge. Yummy.

Anyone else excited for it?

Imzadi 11-07-2012 04:26 PM

I'm in! :dance3: I've been out of the loop for a while and didn't even know a new season is starting. So thanks for the heads up. :thumbsup2

It starts at 10 pm, which is right after Criminal Minds. Perfect! :cool1:

goofinoff 11-07-2012 04:26 PM

Super excited!!! This is definitely one of my favorite shows!!! I've watched every season (a few times!) and each year I think that it's not going to be as good as the season before but I always get sucked in!!! And yes, Tom certainly helps the cause!!!

DeluxePrincess 11-07-2012 04:33 PM

Thanks for the heads up! :thumbsup2

laurajetter 11-07-2012 04:38 PM

Hmm... it's not showing up when I go in to set it to record. It only shows the Top Chef: Las Vegas reruns. Thanks for the heads up though, I'll check again in a little while.

ETA: Just found it! It's listed as Top Chef: Seattle

Imzadi 11-07-2012 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by goofinoff (Post 46654532)
Super excited!!! This is definitely one of my favorite shows!!! I've watched every season (a few times!) and each year I think that it's not going to be as good as the season before but I always get sucked in!!! And yes, Tom certainly helps the cause!!!

Yes, Tom even helped me make pasta dishes better. Once when he was critiquing to a chef, he mentioned that the pasta should always be cooked IN the sauces for a couple minutes so it absorbs the flavor of the sauce.

I never knew that. As I was growing up, we'd always boil the spaghetti and leave it in a separate bowl. So this way people could ladle on as much or as little sauce as they wanted. My sister wasn't into sauce, whereas I smother my noodles with sauce. So it always worked out to keep the noodles separate.

But, as I started adding the (slightly undercooked) noodles in to cook with the sauces, it really does make a difference in melding the flavors. YUM! I actually don't need as much sauce as before. The noodles were bland before, whereas now, they really do absorb the saucy flavors. :thumbsup2

Jennasis 11-07-2012 05:04 PM

Yay!

Mel522 11-07-2012 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pig Pen (Post 46654504)
Top Chef Season 10 starts tonight. I love, love, love this show...which is funny because I don't really cook much. It helps that Tom Colicchio is a judge. Yummy.

Anyone else excited for it?

I am now! I had no idea it started tonight. I hate it when shows slightly change their name so your DVR wont pick it up. I have it set to record Top Chef, this is Top Chef Seattle. Oh well, thanks for the heads up.

Nohal 11-07-2012 06:03 PM

I'm in.:cool1:

minniebeth 11-07-2012 07:35 PM

My favorite show! I'm so excited! I've pretty much given up on a lot of reality shows, I'm so over the crazy drama and yelling all the time (like Housewives, etc.) they were making me so tense,
Lol! So I'm really looking forward to the season! (By the way I didn't care for Life After Top Chef... It was good to catch up on what some of them are doing but not on an ongoing basis... I thought it was boring!)

cluvsdisney 11-07-2012 07:38 PM

I'm ready! This is my favorite comp type show.

can84 11-07-2012 08:40 PM

Can't wait! I do hope Eric Ripard will be back on :lovestruc

Pea-n-Me 11-08-2012 11:21 AM

Our FIOS has been out for over 24 hrs with this Noreaster we're experiencing, but I'll definately catch it when it comes back on! :goodvibes

Wonder who we'll love or hate this season! :rotfl2:

cluvsdisney 11-08-2012 11:40 AM

It was a good episode. It was the final qualifying round to get a chef's coat. Each of the judges (Tom, Wolfgang Puck, Emeril and Hugh Acheson) presented a set of chefs with a challenge and decided who was on the show & who had to pack their knives and go.

It'sWDW4me 11-08-2012 02:26 PM

Arrrrrggghhh - I fell asleep!! :( I can never make it through until 11 anymore. Dang this "getting older" crap. :sad2: Hoping it's on RCN's video on demand list. If so, I'll just have to be a day behind y'all and TRY to not look at the new posts until I DO get to watch :rolleyes1