The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Community Board (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Any Thoughts or Opinions? Update Page 3, Post # 41 (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3018381)

keypooh90 11-06-2012 09:19 PM

Any Thoughts or Opinions? Update Page 3, Post # 41

So I have always had problems with my feet/ankles. I've had multiple sprains/strains throughout childhood/teenage years and into my early adulthood (I'm 22). Over the past few days, my feet (both) are swelling throughout the day and to the point that it is hard to walk. I was at work yesterday and kept having to take my shoes off at the desk cause my shoes were so tight! My toes were turning gray/pale from the swelling and today even putting socks on made them swell.

Thoughts?

LisaR 11-06-2012 09:27 PM

Go to the doctor? :confused3

I know you've had a lot of problems over the years, but it sounds like this is new, different, and unusual. I'd say you need a doctor.

Sheree Bobbins 11-06-2012 10:17 PM

Since discoloration is present, I would definitely see a doctor about this problem.

The Mystery Machine 11-07-2012 06:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keypooh90 (Post 46648809)
So I have always had problems with my feet/ankles. I've had multiple sprains/strains throughout childhood/teenage years and into my early adulthood (I'm 22). Over the past few days, my feet (both) are swelling throughout the day and to the point that it is hard to walk. I was at work yesterday and kept having to take my shoes off at the desk cause my shoes were so tight! My toes were turning gray/pale from the swelling and today even putting socks on made them swell.

Thoughts?

Are you on any new meds? What about OTC meds? That is always my first thought.

Do you have a regular doctor you can go to? I would start there.

SLCborn 11-07-2012 10:02 AM

You may have PAD which then you need an ABI. I'd go to the doctor TODAY!!

MrsDuck 11-07-2012 10:04 AM

Yeah, time to go to the DR.

keypooh90 11-07-2012 01:14 PM

No, no new meds or anything. Nothing new except a new pair of flats that I bought last week.

NHdisneylover 11-07-2012 01:16 PM

Did you talk to your doctor OP?

keypooh90 11-08-2012 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NHdisneylover (Post 46653051)
Did you talk to your doctor OP?

No. I did do some googling though. Based on what I've been having going on lately (pain around my heel/ankle, pins and needles/tingling and numbness along with the swelling with activity), I think I'm just going to wait and see how things go. I tend to try and self-care/treat as much as possible...

Sadie22 11-08-2012 10:13 PM

Please see a medical professional tomorrow and find out what is really going on, rather than relying on what you read.

honeydiane1953 11-09-2012 12:24 AM

Retired nurse her so you need to see an MD asap! Hoping for you it's maybe something small or you may need a diuretic! It could be many things however swollen feet and ankles r usually a sign of congestive heart failure that prob. can be controlled. PLEASE don't wait and see.:grouphug:

shortbun 11-09-2012 05:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keypooh90 (Post 46664110)
No. I did do some googling though. Based on what I've been having going on lately (pain around my heel/ankle, pins and needles/tingling and numbness along with the swelling with activity), I think I'm just going to wait and see how things go. I tend to try and self-care/treat as much as possible...

Please don't self treat on this one!!! You should NOT BE having these symptoms at all. You could have blood clots, diabetes, kidney failure, heart problems. Adema at your age-especially in both legs-is a red flag. Get off salt, get your legs up above your heart and get a doctor's appointment right away. Watch carefully for difficulty breathing-go to the ER if that happens, and start drinking some plain water. See a doctor right away.

NHdisneylover 11-09-2012 05:08 AM

OP---I am really NOT someone who runs to the doctor for most things--I self treat a lot, but I agree with the PPs that what you describe is not something that you should let go. Please go in to a doctor.

Desiree 11-09-2012 05:42 AM

That was a symptom that I ignored for a while. Turns out I experienced clots in both my legs and a DVT. Please, go to the doctor. Swollen legs/feet are not something to take lightly.

LisaR 11-09-2012 06:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keypooh90 (Post 46664110)

I'd be curious what websites you've Googled that didn't feel that swollen, discolored extremities warranted a visit to the doctor? Self-care is a wonderful thing. I think people run to the doctor far too often. However, your problem isn't a normal, run of the mill condition, and it could point to something very serious. Good luck.